It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.V. series based on movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What would you like to see of that^^^ world?

I would like to see a "Killer Klowns From Outerspace" T.V. series come. I think it would be good competition to the Walking Dead TV series. What do you think? Humor would give it that edge over The Walking Dead maybe. I still haven't seen season 2 of the Walking Dead yet. I can wait and let many missed shows build up on me so I can watch them all for later at some point in time when everybody else got nothing good to watch.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Men in Black - although I doubt we could get Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones to do it. It really could be made into a TV series. We haven't really had a good comedy "aliens on earth" series since "Third Rock from the Sun"

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Anchorman. Talladega Nights. Over The Hedge. Pushing Tin. In Time. Serenity (I know it's based on a TV series but we only got one season). Red Dawn. Four Lions.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

Isn't pushing tin that golf movie with Kevin Costner?

Anyway, I agree with the Men in Black, that would be awesome. Have two different agents and follow their cases.
El and Eff. lol. But there has been a cartoon version though, and it's like "The Real Ghostbusters" Cartoon.

There is rarely any good movie to TV adaptaions, so i'm struggeling to come up with anything I think would be done right that I would enjoy.

If they hadn't spammed the Saw movies maybe they could have had a show on that. A cop following the Jigsaw murders gets a different case each show. It could be alot like CSI, even the movie had an almost CSI feel to them.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Pushing Tin is about airport flight controllers with Billy Bob Thornton and John Cusack.
Costner was in Tin Cup

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

A Killer Klowns series would never work...the premise is funny, but not for a whole season.

An MIB series would certainly work, with two different agents...but it would have a limited shelf-life (as the alien fad comes and goes).

I actually liked the StarMan series, made from the film...but it didn't last.

I think a Last Starfighter series would be pretty cool. An interesting twist on the fish out of water concept...human in an alien setting, instead of vice-versa....

The Highlander series went on for a while...

Terminator had a series,....

So it has worked in the past.

top topics

join