It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything You Know Is Wrong...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Below is a video of Lloyd Pye, discussing the origins of humans, the earth. and early culture.

I personally believe that from all of the so name truth's we find in the world, from the extream left to the extream right. That the real truth is in the middle. So many people cant be wrong... or at least completely

I have allays found it curious that so many religions can be traced back to earlier renditions of the same key aspects, and can claim no affiliation to the earlier religions... This has always raised my brow in suspicion, as to why. But as is well know religion has often changed its stand's point's in the past, to cast its nets further.

But as for science. This is meant to be, the be all and end all of everything there is and ever was.. And yet we can still find holes, and things that simply don't add up. But how can that be?

I'd like to propose that maybe there is some divine driving force watching over us. But not as we would suspect it to act(as a benevolent entity) . I believe that this force could be closed mindedness(hang on a sec before you rage) my reason's to think this is because without it would were of really been able to get were we are today?
Its always been said that ignorance is bliss
The wars, The lies, and everything that is substantial to being a human, as a human becoming.

I decided on this video as it really illiterate's my point...

What do you guys think?
edit on 6/23/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--All Caps Title.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

What do you guys think?

I think that Freudian slip deserves a place in the hall of fame.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

What do you guys think?

I think that Freudian slip deserves a place in the hall of fame.

Oh My!

where can this thread go from there?
I guess I have to watch the video for the sake of not drawing a false opinion on the op, but, o MY!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

umm i think that is a bit irrelevant, i didn't mean a slip, i meant sustained belief, that is logically wrong, yet kind of right... hope that makes it easier for you to understand my post

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by easybreezy

I understand your post perfectly - do you understand what a Freudian slip is?

To study the origin of religion is an interesting past-time. At the end of the day you'll find the Vedic's and Sumerian origin myths lie at the root and core of the Egyptian and Abrahamic faiths. If you really want to blow your mind pondering the origins of life and the universe get into etymology.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of some unconscious ("dynamically repressed"), subdued wish, conflict, or train of thought. The concept is thus part of classical psychoanalysis.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
well why not say something to elaborate on Freudian slip.
Seeing as most people interpret the slip part as a skip of a record of sorts, and not a force that is guiding all humanity to a common goal.

and i got bored with etymology.. so you know, i get it language speaks us. doesn't explain stupidity tho
edit on 23-6-2012 by easybreezy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2012 by easybreezy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Do you mind if I ask where you come from? It may help explain a few misunderstandings. Btw - most people on the planet don't need the term 'Freudian slip' defined to them - it's a pretty well known concept.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Australia... now please explain this concept...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
science isnt the be all and end all, when new information is added then sciences veiwpoint changes to include the new information, once it is verified of course. were as religion rejects all new information unless it helps them to aquire new followers which of course keeps the finances flowing.
i think that it is a general misconception that science claims to have all the answers, science only ever claims to have the most plausable explanation possible with the information available.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

watch the video....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by easybreezy
But as for science. This is meant to be, the be all and end all of everything there is and ever was.. And yet we can still find holes, and things that simply don't add up. But how can that be?

the difference is that science is self correcting. if tests invalidate a theory, the theory is changed until we can demonstrate predicted results over and over again...

it doesn't matter how much love religion claims to spread. from my point of view, some of the most evil and destructive forces in our history have been the religious controllers. they are hateful torwards people with different beliefs and will kill in the name of their 'loving' god...

so in matters of what we know being wrong... its not what we know, its what we are told... it is up to each and every one of us to find a truth for themselves. and as long as their truth does not try to override my truth, then we're good. its when they try to force their beliefs on others that makes me question their motives.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The concept of Freudian slip? Really? You need that explained? I've posted a definition above already but in your specific case...here goes....As English is apparently your first language - and as your opening post is full of extremely poor spelling - and as you finished your post by pointing to your video to best 'illiterate' your point - and as illiterate actually means a person who cannot read and write - your error beautifully ILLUSTRATES what most readers will make of your op.

Use spell check - it's a wonderful tool that assists comprehension of your writings by others.

Btw - it is a truly boring vid. A minimum of info extrapolated into 2 hours of waffle.

Etymology is what you want to be studying - trust me.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Howzat for spelling out what was only a joke? Really its a 'you'd have had to have been there moment' - the magic is gone now.
edit on 23-6-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by easybreezy
WATCH VIDEO BEFORE POSTING

1) this is a two hour video that you give no points about... please don't expect people to spend 2 hours watching something that you can't even spend 5 minutes summarizing.

2) I was commenting on your OP about science being the end all of everything but still has holes. this has nothing to do with your video, it has to do with your understanding of how real science works.

3) how is your all caps comment helping this thread??

4) I was in the process of watching the video when I stopped to make this comment. your attitude has turned me off of this thread... good luck with the conversation

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

if i get into points you'd be arguing them
in short, it seems science is just as ignorant, as religion

new topics