It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rodney Dangerfield Dies at Age 82

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
he actually imparted optimism while doing that self-depreciating schtick. in his comedy he was the poor slob who kept getting a raw deal, but the way he conveyed that left audiences with a sense of empowerment.

steve martin said "comedy is not pretty" but i think it is...when it works its magic it's downright beautiful.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by victor was right]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The BIG RODNEY is gone... Here was a man that simply called like it is, and NEVER used someone else as comedic fodder, always played it against himself rather than hurt another.

Many have no idea what was behind all of that "self deprication" instead of pointing it at another...

It was all about a belief that "when someone points a finger at someone else there are THREE fingers pointing back at them...

This man was a TRUE genius not only in his sense of timing and comedy but in his great understanding of the "Human Condition"...

More than his "understanding", his TRUE LOVE of and CARE for the rest of us that shared this planet with him should be his legacy IMHO.

Yes Rodney was a FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY man but he was also a CARING Human Being and to me, that's what really COUNTS in the end.

m...

[edit on 10-5-2004 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Indeed one of the greats among the greatest!

Farewell Rodney, you'll live in our hearts forever!

Thanks for all the laughs! You're "One Of A Kind!"

You'll be missed beyond what you could've ever dreamed!

Rest In Peace, One who brings humor and laughter.

Intel

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
He was a hell of a guy. I'll miss him. I really liked his acting. Especially Easy Money?, the one where he had to quit all his bad habbits. This is the first I've heard of this. He brought a lot of happiness to the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
:

Very very sad news.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maby now he will get some respect....

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
He was a really, really funny guy.

On the bright side, 82 is a pretty darn long life, and he was active his entire life.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Rodney Dangerfield will be sorely missed. This man was always known to laugh at things even when times were dark for him. I admire that kind of happy-go-lucky courage! In light of this... I wonder what George Burn's welcome message to him would be like?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Very sad news. He was truely a funny person!
RIP

Since this is a conspiricy site - was he the third R?

Regan, Ray, Rodney....

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The legend will be greatly missed, and the world is a sadder place without him.

[edit on 10/10/2004 by Susquehanna]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join