It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invading another person's dreams?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietInsanity

You should have walked up and kicked him in the cajones :-)
That'd wipe the smile off his dream- face.

Still, I would like something like that to happen to me but in a very, very minor incident. Nothin to affect me in Life except I know that people can do it.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Pretty interesting, I wonder.. Peoples emotions greatly affect everyone around them; the stronger the emotion, the stronger the response. A lot of times people don't consciously think about the impact people have on them. People tend to avoid heavy thinking, such as thoughts of another persons dislike, or criticisms.

I wonder if this kids behavior left you unsettled, knowing instinctively that he was a bad kid. I've been around a few kids that gave me the heebie jeebies, one of them was a cousin that actually attempted to stab my grandmother when he was 14. You can feel the difference in presence when you're around someone like that.

In your mind, you may have seen him as a menace, a potential threat to everyone around him. Your subconscious mind may have played on that thought in order to get your attention, alerting your survival instinct.

Funny how he was sent home. Your subconscious seems to be a good judge of character.

Now to indulge your threads hypothesis that he may have invaded your dream. The only ways theoretically possible involve either technology that we don't have, or a magical/divine/demonic power granted to 0.00000000142857% of people, give or take a trillionth of a percent. I've entertained this idea before, as have many monks, yogis, and other individuals seeking spiritual enlightenment and/or nirvana.

Obviously there is no science behind truly "entering" someones dream. Not for lack of trying. This leads me to believe that the only way possible is via technology. We're close to brain-computer interfaces, however we're a long way off from entering someones dream, let alone doing anything of value there. Occams razor suggests the simplest answer lies in the psychological.

Don't drive yourself too mad thinking about it, however weird/prophetic the dream may seem.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamer99

It was easy to tell he was a bad kid. He seemed to have fun threatening and trying to scare people.

I won't drive myself mad thinking about it. It was just a curious incident. It's been 10 years at least since it happened and I've always wondered is all. Since I found ATS, I thought I might as well see if anyone had any ideas.

His threat to invade dreams or whatever it was coupled with the fact that I wasn't prone to dreams based in real life, made we wonder about it. It could easily have been a curious dream provoked by the power of suggestion, but there's simply no way to tell for sure.

I'm kind of thankful for the experience actually because it has allowed me to keep my mind open to new things and it's helped me to remember that we only have a limited understanding about what's out there.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My friend who was a past life brother who now lives in New York and I'm in Illinois was able to get into my dreams. This was in 08. I'd dream of things and we'd be talking the next day and he'd tell me exactly what had happened. He claimed to be a Dream Walker or something like that. It freaked me out but now I really want to learn how to do that with a dear dear love of mine.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

yeah, this has been happening to me over the past 3 or 4 nights in a row, and sporadically earlier on than that.

Basically, it starts out as a normal dream, adventures, talking to people, experiences.....

And then, right before I wake up, someone pops into my dream and insults me "You will Fail", "You aren't capable", "We will win and you will lose".

Things like this, and it's ALWAYS completely uncharacteristic of the dream that I am having, and it never fits into the general theme of my dream.

It's almost like someone is noticing that I am dreaming, and they decide to invade right at the last minute to insult me.

And it has happened the last three nights in a row, and it's entirely transparent.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

(double post)
edit on 12-10-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
i have been attacked in dreams before. Is that the same as invaded? ....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I have had an old man with funny mustache come into my dream. He came in riding a flying bike that had old Wright brother's style wings. He wore a suit. He came landing in while laughing. Then told be he had be all around the world and was bored of traveling, and that now for vacation he visits peoples dreams. Then he started pedaling away, yelled goodbye and something like tudalu or deja vu, cant remember which then just flew out.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I THINK I DREAMED ANOTHER PERSONS DREAM

EAM : I have had odd things happen in my dreams over the years. I have dreamed the same dream as a co worker once,and I HAVE LUCID DREAMED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. I have dreamed of past lives as if I was looking through the eyes of that person in the far past, and more than once I dreamed and felt that I had died while asleep - and once it even felt like my whole body zoomed upwards towards a heaven, at greater than light speeds, and then I was sent back down to earth just as quickly. I think I may have really had my heart stop for a second. I have felt what's possibly an incubus oppressing me in dreams, and last night I think I dreamed another person's dream unintentionally. The reason I think this is because one of the people in the dream is a public figure. I knew of this person's existence but not much about their private life - as they are about 80 years old -twice my age. In the dream I was being called by another name, and things occurred, and were said and done that felt very real - but foreign to me, and at one point I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and it wasn't me looking back. When I woke up I went on the internet and researched and discovered to my surprise that the name I was called in the dream is the nickname of someone in that public figure's life. That someone is not a celebrity, and it took a great deal of digging to find more. I hit upon 2 other obscure facts that matched the dream, and I was starting to scare myself a bit - when I finally found a photo of that person. I was shocked to discover it was the face in my dream mirror. This person is also 80 or older, and I guarantee I never had any knowledge of this person at all - even by association or unconsciously, and yet in my dream I think I must have been seeing what this person was dreaming themself. If anyone has had this happen unintentionally, or knows more about how this could happen, I would appreciate hearing from you too.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by imtheiceprincess

I think I've had other people's dreams as well. My dreams will be in first person perspective. In them, I've talked in unfamiliar languages and understood the language back. I've held in depth conversations in my dreams and understood everything perfectly, the conversation will be flowing nicely. But waking? I can't translate or remember what the heck we were talking about. Or who they were. Or why they seemed so familiar, like family, in my dreams..but I can't place them anywhere in the conscious world.

These types of dreams have happened only a few times, but they have been bizarre enough to stick with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join