It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designing And Navigating Sub-World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If dreams are composed of the subconscious, can we not design our own characters, create our own scenarios? If so, the first thing to do would be to train your subconscious to tell you that you're dreaming. What an aid to lucidity that would be, having your dream characters tell you that you're dreaming every night! We can create archetypal characters that represent ideal appearances and personality profiles. You can sort out certain physical appearances, and then equate them to certain personality profiles, and create archetypes out of them which you pound into your subconscious.

Certainly you will draw on the 'real world' for inspiration in these endeavors; this is where it gets interesting. If you can solidify these subconscious characters in your mind, and establish a continuity by continuously recognizing the archetypal themes in appearance and/or personality, you can interpret and react according to your own designs not only in your dreams, but in 'real life' as well. This means that you see the people in your life as representing your archetypes. You can also see characters on TV and movies, and that sort of thing, as representing the archetypes. This would create a continuity between the dream world and the real world, and allow you to always live in your own personally designed archetypal realm.

As the conscious mind influences the subconscious mind, life should be seen as a game where you perfect the subconscious mind, to your own ideals. If this is the case, the 'reality' of things is highly irrelevant. All that matters is the influence on your subconscious. Continuously communicate with your subconscious! Create stories and dialogues with subconscious characters. Put in requests for characters to appear in certain ways or do certain things. Sub-World, the world of the subconscious, functions on its own, and exists at all times. Your sub-characters are always living and acting out scenes. It makes sense, then, to create scenes and dialogues with them, so that you can guide the world and become immersed in it. This is very enjoyable and rewarding, particularly if you can establish the continuity with the 'real world' and its inhabitants I spoke of earlier.
edit on 23-6-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

That's a great idea.I'ma try that, I'm a Dreamer.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

you sound like a schizophrenia salesman.....

but in all seriousness i get what your saying,,,, its pretty much the idea of subjectivity,,,,, a persons morals,,, there outword judgements....... come from trial and error testing in their mind,,, by using reason and ration,,,, or in other words learning....... but your saying the subconscious mind along with the imagination has no limit to what can be done with it,,, so people should use it/themselves,,, to become comfortable with themselves,,, create cartoonish outlooks and mimics of reality to better understand it,, to play with it,,,, to see other perspectives,,, ?
edit on 23-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

you sound like a schizophrenia salesman.....

but in all seriousness i get what your saying,,,, its pretty much the idea of subjectivity,,,,, a persons morals,,, there outword judgements....... come from trial and error testing in their mind,,, by using reason and ration,,,, or in other words learning....... but your saying the subconscious mind along with the imagination has no limit to what can be done with it,,, so people should use it/themselves,,, to become comfortable with themselves,,, create cartoonish outlooks and mimics of reality to better understand it,, to play with it,,,, to see other perspectives,,, ?
edit on 23-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

Life is inherently such that our perceptions are governed by the organization of subconscious material into conscious awareness through repetition and the like. Generally, this is an unconscious process, where we just stumble into our perceived realities based on chance. The idea is that we consciously organize our subconscious, and consciously create patterns so that it can become our new mode of conscious perception. The idea of lucid dreaming is also worked in, so that you can literally act out and interact with these models. Active imagination, writing, and meditation are also useful tools in all of this.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamThatWordI

That's a great idea.I'ma try that, I'm a Dreamer.

"I'm a Dreamer" love that quote! Makes me think of Waking Life, and also 'The Art of Dreaming' by Carlos Castaneda

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
yeah i've pretty much been doing this every single night for four years now since it takes me a while to fall asleep. i thought i was the only one and i felt like a nutball but apparently not. just today i've read about how a man named napoleon hill (author of the ultimate self help book "think and grow rich") had this subconscious mind exercise where he would form a council of successful people to give him advice. every night before sleep, he would imagine these people giving him advice on how to be successful as well. here's the cool part: after a few nights, the characters took on a life of their own. hill wouldn't imagine things anymore - the subconscious world that he at first imagined became an actual autonomous one. the characters gave him advice and information that he had never ever heard of!

same thing pretty much happened to me. it's like i live in two worlds and it's really cool.

a friend of mine has actually been doing self hypnosis to 'connect' with her subconscious more easily and to make what i think is called lucid dreaming more easy. she literally describes to me how real her world is and how she doesn't make a conscious effort to imagine things anymore. i need to do this too. i haven't yet heard of lucid dreaming until now so i'm looking up information on it right now and it's like a whole new world opened up for me, literally lol! i really want to get into lucid dreaming because i have a good life but i want more. i want to explore dreams and subconscious worlds.

i think lucid dreaming is similar to what futurists are out to achieve: to upload one's mind into a computer and to be able to create any reality one wishes. well i'm not so hot for mind uploading so i'm going to try out lucid dreaming lol.
edit on 16-7-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join