It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central Banking and "Rogue" Nations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Bump for Syria.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I have come arcoss this before. I Some of the facts are difficult to discern. For example the Bank of England is a private company. Further it is protected by the official secret act. No one knows who owns it...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
For example the Bank of England is a private company. Further it is protected by the official secret act. No one knows who owns it...

Very wrong, it is owned by the UK Government - the claim that it is a private organisation is just a silly story. There are many countries with a state owned national bank, most Commonwealth Countries, like Australia, New Zealand, Canada India etc. all have state owned central banks.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Here is how Wikipedia explains it.

In 1977, the Bank set up a wholly owned subsidiary called Bank of England Nominees Limited, (BOEN), a private limited company, with 2 of its 100 £1 shares issued. According to its Memorandum & Articles of Association, its objectives are:- “To act as Nominee or agent or attorney either solely or jointly with others, for any person or persons, partnership, company, corporation, government, state, organisation, sovereign, province, authority, or public body, or any group or association of them….”

Bank of England Nominees Limited was granted an exemption by Edmund Dell, Secretary of State for Trade, from the disclosure requirements under Section 27(9) of the Companies Act 1976 , because, “it was considered undesirable that the disclosure requirements should apply to certain categories of shareholders.” The Bank of England is also protected by its Royal Charter status, and the Official Secrets Act.

In other words, you and I are not allowed to know who the shareholders are who own the company which carries out Central Banking in the UK. Some people say that Mandelson's buddies, the Rothschilds are major shareholders. Also the Queen. But the information is secret. We are not allowed to know.
the-tap.blogspot.com...

If you and I are not allowed to know who the shareholders are, then how do you know? My guess is that you actually don't know, and that you probably use the term "silly" all too frequently to discredit posts.
edit on 8/26/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: last sentence

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Here is how Wikipedia explains it.

Did you understand that?

In 1977, the Bank set up a wholly owned subsidiary

The Bank set up the BOEN, so the bank owns the BOEN not the BOEN owns the bank.... The Bank of England is owned by the UK government! So as I said, that claim is just a silly story.
edit on 26-8-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Prove it. Who are the shareholders? Link us to something to back up your statement. If I'm wrong, fine. If you're wrong, that's fine too. Then we can get back to the general idea of the thread: Central banking and rogue nations. Quibbling over minutia dilutes the thread.
edit on 8/26/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Prove it. Who are the shareholders?

The UK government - how about you backup your claim......

www.legislation.gov.uk...

prosperityuk.com...

The Bank of England is Publicly-Owned The Bank of England is wholly owned by the British government – meaning its profits go into the public purse at the Treasury. This is a plain fact and people who do not accept this are not being serious about our reform. See the statement on the Bank’s website where it states: As a public organisation, wholly-owned by Government, and with a significant public policy role, the Bank is accountable to Parliament. The Bank’s Annual Report and Accounts are laid before Parliament each year before they are made available publicly. The principal means of accountability for the Bank is via the House of Commons Treasury Committee.(2)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Here ends The Bank of England quibble. I leave it to the original poster "ChaoticOrder" to steer the conversation back to Central Banking and "Rogue" Nations.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

In 1977, the Bank set up a wholly owned subsidiary called Bank of England Nominees Limited, (BOEN), a private limited company, with 2 of its 100 £1 shares issued. According to its Memorandum & Articles of Association, its objectives are:- “To act as Nominee or agent or attorney either solely or jointly with others, for any person or persons, partnership, company, corporation, government, state, organisation, sovereign, province, authority, or public body, or any group or association of them….”

Bank of England Nominees Limited was granted an exemption by Edmund Dell, Secretary of State for Trade, from the disclosure requirements under Section 27(9) of the Companies Act 1976 , because, “it was considered undesirable that the disclosure requirements should apply to certain categories of shareholders.” The Bank of England is also protected by its Royal Charter status, and the Official Secrets Ac

wikapedia..

So who owns there shares.. I do not know as it is not in the public remit..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join