It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Icelandic Revolution Has Paid Off

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well done to the Icelandish people.

This really shows why Germany was so desperate to throw bailouts at Greece, if one country can make it outside of the EU then all of them can.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Now here we have a fascinating situation.If indeed the NWO has any power what so ever,Shouldn't the wrath of this whory body deluge Iceland?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
How does one over throw a govt? I didn't think that was possible. Can we do something like that here?(USA)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
well played Iceland

just goes to show there is still some decent countries left on this foul planet

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

I know there is a lot of things not adding up right with the whole GFC. While Iceland won round one it is very much expected that the banks and other economic giants are not going to let them of the hook so easily. Being such a small nation, just the human resource issues alone to keep up with the mountains of paperwork and sorting out the accounting irregularities does put Iceland at a disadvantage.

About 6-12 months ago Iceland was looking at taking on the Canadian dollar as this ongoing economic mess was getting quite bad. Considering the banking situation with Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Iran and a few others it is clear to see that there are some very hard plays going on when it comes to national economic issues and control.

As for the media integrity, it is in complete shambles these days. I wish Iceland good luck as it very much a case of David taking on Goliath as the fight is still continuing.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This isn't the whole story ... my brother and his family own their own house. During and after the crisis, the monetary interrest rate has gone up, to the roof. Currently, people who had their houses and were paying off these for years, decades even ... owe more, than the day they bought them. So a decade of payments, has gone into the voids ... and then they owe some more.

This post, is juct BS

edit on 24/6/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

It's called revolution and it's illegal. Just encouraging revolution will get you banged up as a "terrorist". That's the beauty of our current corrupt and unrepresentative systems of government - they know "the people" can't change the system without facing imprisonment and possible death, and at this stage, most people are too busy watching American Idol and Twittering.

The reason it worked in Iceland is they have a population of 300k who are pretty much all relatives. If you are expecting this peaceful form of revolution to scale up to the US or Europe... dream on.
edit on 24-6-2012 by zigguratvertigo because: edit

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Iceland is an entirely different situation.

Population is that of a small city, rather small GDP....and really, do the masses know what Iceland did? Nope, and they don't care either - as long as their is food in the fridge and shows on tv.

But do you realize that interest rates in Iceland went from 7% to 18%? What do you think would happen if that happened in Canada, in the States, in Europe? Total and complete collapse. (well, going to happen sooner or later, but that is a different thread)

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
How does one over throw a govt? I didn't think that was possible. Can we do something like that here?(USA)

Sure, want a civil war? You can do it, just realize what it means.....and I am talking really means, not some Occupy type thing either.
edit on 24-6-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
When I think of Iceland I think of Bjork, and all the trippy ass songs she has made in the past that have been overlooked in today's society....Her songs should be played for the revolution....
edit on 24-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
This isn't the whole story ... my brother and his family own their own house. During and after the crisis, the monetary interrest rate has gone up, to the roof. Currently, people who had their houses and were paying off these for years, decades even ... owe more, than the day they bought them. So a decade of payments, has gone into the voids ... and then they owe some more.

This post, is juct BS

edit on 24/6/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

Its been bad everywhere under this banking system. I did mention the collapse of '08
making it a whole lot worse. But people are surviving and fixing it however they can.

Making one wrong step in the market meant the banks could make or break your
situation under this system. It wasn't the people's fault ,since they were deceived
by various fraudulent offers ,loans and whatnot ,seeing the wrong choice as the right.
We still may have some ways to go but at least we've been doing something about it.

People make mistakes. But I think most of this system is totally wrong and immoral.
Families shouldn't have to deal with debts which weren't theirs to pay to begin with.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think the USA has already geared up to put down any kind of 'revolution' with lethal uses of power. I don't think even localized Slaughters of Civilians would even get to the syndicated news. Unless there is a massive awareness, zero, nothing will happen here. Obama has set in place and finished what Bush started in the realm of Squashing dissent or protest, along with the power to shut down the internet. All the loose ends for the installment of a dictatorship seem to be in the works of in use right now. Pelosi is just as bad or maybe worse. These people are supposed to be working for the US and it's citizens, instead it's becoming a police state. You wait and see people being rounded up and labeled terrorists, and any other time they would be labeled Patriots. The PTB will make enough laws to be able to ELIMINATE any opposition permanently....... Citizens will be interned into FEMA camps for 're-education' or elimination. And the power grab will then be full on. Our only hope is our ability to Force them to back down, and that will only be by our ability to defend ourselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The UK wants the money back that Iceland's banks defaulted on and Iceland has some nice fishing grounds. This probably isnt over just yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think it is great that mortgage debt has been forgiven. But what about those who are working hard and saving up enough money to buy a house without resorting to a mortgage?

Doesn't seem fair to them. You know, the responsible people who don't spend money that they haven't earned yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It all comes down to this:

Corrupt, despotic, elitist government: makes the debt rise

Rational, responsive, democratic government: clears off the debt

As long as you're stuck with the first category, you are doomed.
edit on 24/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
I think it is great that mortgage debt has been forgiven. But what about those who are working hard and saving up enough money to buy a house without resorting to a mortgage?

Doesn't seem fair to them. You know, the responsible people who don't spend money that they haven't earned yet.

You mean in the US? How was it forgiven? Millions of people lost their homes...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Now I'm just wondering does anyone have a link to one of the main media sources and what they are saying about all of this
? Tried searching but found nothing really and am quite curious as to what they might say about this whole ordeal.

Wow, the bank-owned American media has no information about a country that successfully threw them out and refused to pay for their fraud? Go figure! This is exactly why I'm a proud conspiracy theorist.

Anyone know what their gun laws are like? I'm seriously considering moving now.
edit on 6/24/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
Now I'm just wondering does anyone have a link to one of the main media sources and what they are saying about all of this
? Tried searching but found nothing really and am quite curious as to what they might say about this whole ordeal.

Wow, the bank-owned American media has no information about a country that successfully threw them out and refused to pay for their fraud? Go figure! This is exactly why I'm a proud conspiracy theorist.

Anyone know what their gun laws are like? I'm seriously considering moving now.
edit on 6/24/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

Yep that's why I said it sarcastically as I really would be interested though in how they spun/spin the story
Probably waiting for some operation to go down or something that will turn the tide of things then report on it.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
bankers are being arrested.....
in iceland, not the US....

www.icenews.is...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystic TechnicianThanks to the President of the Icelandic nation ,the people
were able to vote no on preposterous parameters which would have otherwise
enslaved the nation in debt

So true, this is how the IMF works, enslaving nations with unrealistic debts and then taking their resources.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystic Technician

But most people here are not at all interested in joining the EU so its out of the question.

My friend I MOST sincerely hope you are right.

The worst thing the Irish ever did was to pay for the bankers gambling. We should have the Punt back as a domestic currency at least, which would solve many of our woes and give us time to get rid of the €uro

Ireland should stay in the Euro - And issue Punts

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join