It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts on quiverfull, religious (Christian) patriarchy, and Proverbs 31 women?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dontshootthemessanger[/i

About Quiverfull specifically; I've read they are not a big fan of contraceptives, and that they believe in having lots of children for the army of god. Okay, cool. I wonder what their Church leaders' advice would be in circumstances when a woman can't conceive, or when it would be dangerous for her to get pregnant. Is is really the women's choice, or are they being forced to live up to some religious standard? (I know this question would have to be on a person-to-person basis, everyone has different motivations.) What if they can't afford more children, are they advised to keep having them anyways? All questions I'll probably never get an answer to.

You can find their discussion boards on line; you can hear various women talk about the limits of family size and of fertility. Although the leaders talk about having as many kids as God will let you, the women also discuss medical issues. One of the movement's tenets is that that ultimate choice is between the two lovers involved. So if you and your spouse feel a bit differently, no is going to be able to tell for a while.

The cultures of the Bible were pretty focused on large families; yet scripture is replete with episodes that begin with a woman who is unable to conceive. How God makes childless widows into saviors of Israel throughout time.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join