It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 facts Obama does not want you to see

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They want Obamas policies to fail.

Not the country.

Everything Obama has done up to this point has done nothing but make things worse.

- I thought hope and change was the motto? Instead, all we got was despair and madness.

-You say they want Obama to fail if that means bringing this country down, I say you are bringing this country down by supporting him.

-Ever pass a 2000+ page healthcare bill without knowing exactly what was in it and expecting-no-DEMANDING- that people roll with it?

Why would the GOP work with that?

Im not even a republican- but I sure as hell can see their reasoning for not wanting it. Its crap.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Obama is a war mongering jerk. Are you actually defending Obama? Why? What on earth would you defend him for? Do you like his 'kill list' or something?

He cant even pass a budget. He is a joke and a failure.

Obama has managed to turn the world against America. We were blaming Republicans before. Imagine our shock when we find out that Obama is more of the same. Obama is the last straw. You can blame him when the USD is unseated as the reserve. He could have fixed things. Instead, he has doomed the US. He must be the biggest failure of a President in US history. The only thing Obama has done is take some heat off of Jimmy Carter.

Obama makes me sick. What a liar. What a failure. He has doomed the US.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

uhmm....record buying of american treasuries has driven down interest rates on those bonds because america is seen as the most economically stable country at this time. i have heard this said for months now from wall street, investors, analysts, and the talking heads at bloomberg and CNBC TV.
if Obama has "doomed" america, billionaires and millionaires around the world don't seem to think so, as they pour money into the safe haven of american bonds.
the republicans in congress want america and it's citizens to fail, just look at their voting record. really, it's that simple...see who the republicans are trying to help, and who they are trying to hurt. it's there in black and white, written down on paper, no dreams, no theories, no opinions...just read the congressional record.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why not make it 200? Might as well.
All 70 of these can be summed up by 2 facts:
1. The Tea Party, "we'll say no to any and all legislation if it comes from Obama"
(even if it was the republicans who originally came up with it and especially
if it helps the economy and makes him look good)
2. Like it or not, when George Bush left, his administration lit a fuse and ran.
3 1/2 years isn't enough time to fix 8 years of nose dive.
Especially when legislation that could help( infrastructure green energy)
is blocked for political reasons.
This is all on Congress and Bush.
Obama's mistake was thinking he'd be able to work with the Republicans
in his first 2 years.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
They want Obamas policies to fail.

Not the country.

Everything Obama has done up to this point has done nothing but make things worse.

- I thought hope and change was the motto? Instead, all we got was despair and madness.

-You say they want Obama to fail if that means bringing this country down, I say you are bringing this country down by supporting him.

-Ever pass a 2000+ page healthcare bill without knowing exactly what was in it and expecting-no-DEMANDING- that people roll with it?

Why would the GOP work with that?

Im not even a republican- but I sure as hell can see their reasoning for not wanting it. Its crap.

you seems to forget who brought this country down...hello,hello!!.. (taps on head) anyone there????...and you expect the public to put republicans back in charge???????????...what?...so they can finish off the rest of us??....what's wrong with people like you?...are you a chinese spy trying to destroy this country?, a muslim extremist trying to promote a civil war?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Big load of hogwash.

$3.59 - When Barack Obama entered the White House, the average price of a gallon of gasoline was $1.85. Today, it is $3.59.

Gas prices at the pump hit their historical all-time high of $4.12 (national average) under Bush in 2008. It only dipped to $1.85 after the recession hit it's full stride. Presidents don't set gas prices anyhow so this is meaningless trivia. Today production has never been higher, and even with the price per barrel down to $78, gas prices are still high, thanks to rampant Wall Street speculators and any attempt to reign in such speculation filibustered by one particular party in Congress.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So to sum it up based on what I am reading from replies, is that Obama has no say, no power, whatsoever, has been unable to pass anything through Congress that he wished to pass, therefore.... my question to you, who wish to vote Obama a second term (not assuming you all do or anything):

What in the world would be the point of Obama having a second term then?? Clearly he's not in control, so what would make anyone think a 2nd term would even be worthwhile?? How would things change.... what, all of a sudden Obama will have the power to be able to move his agenda, convincing the Congress to approve them? How would his 2nd term be different??

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
many of us realized Bush sucked back in 2000

many of us realized Obama sucked back in 2008.
But I'm sure that eventually you'll figure it out and, you too, will know Obama sucks.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
So to sum it up based on what I am reading from replies, is that Obama has no say, no power, whatsoever, has been unable to pass anything through Congress that he wished to pass, therefore.... my question to you, who wish to vote Obama a second term (not assuming you all do or anything):

What in the world would be the point of Obama having a second term then?? Clearly he's not in control, so what would make anyone think a 2nd term would even be worthwhile?? How would things change.... what, all of a sudden Obama will have the power to be able to move his agenda, convincing the Congress to approve them? How would his 2nd term be different??

No, you are misunderstanding many of these responses in much the same way you misunderstand those statistics in that article.

Obama has done an excellent job turning the country around, in spite of GOP instransigence. He has not been able to do everything he wanted to do, and he has not been as effective at countering the GOP "bring Obama down at any cost" strategy as he and most people would have liked, and he is not as different from earlier Presidents as many want him to be. He is after all a Chicago politician that made it to President in early 21st Century America. That fact right there tells us he is not entirely pure.

The point of him having a second term - one point - is that he has learned now what he is dealing with... a nest of traitors, although he probably doesn't think of it in those terms, that has no interest in any benefit to the country; their only interest is to further their own schemes for power and wealth. So he will most likely be more effective in a second term because he will have changed his approach based on this fact. Obama, unlike members of the GOP, understands facts and understands that we just can't make something up out of thin air and call it a fact.

Plus there is the hope that enough American Voters will have woken up to the reality of what the GOP is at this time - a nest of mostly Christian mostly fundamentalist mostly wealthy people (to use the term loosely) whose intent is to limit individual freedoms and turn this country into a theocratic oligarchy. So maybe, just maybe enough people will vote the Tea Baggers and other right wing freakazoids out of Congress and vote in some actual people, that have the country's best interest in mind, not their own enrichment. A tall order, to be sure, and not likely to happen, but possible.

And consider the alternative. We KNOW that if the GOP regains sufficient political power, they will return this country to the exact same policies that brought us to the brink of disaster.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocsgirl

Some of what he's doing is helping a lot. You just don't read much about it on ATS.
No, he's not perfect, but to avoid the continued destruction of this nation's middle class, I would vote against the GOP in a heartbeat.

Obama has overhauled the food safety system
Advanced women's rights in the work place
Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
Stopped defending DOMA in court.
Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
Invested in clean energy.
Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
He's done a lot for veterans
He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

Obama Achievements
Obama's Top 50 Accomplishments

He still doesn't regulate the gas prices or have ANYTHING to do with most of your list.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Regardless of the "good" he's done, I do not support Obama for these reasons:

Ordering the killing of an American abroad without due process.

Signing of the NDAA

Agenda 21

Spreading and continuing wars

A simple yet self-explanatory list.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I do not support him for those reasons either.
I will vote for him, but not for those reasons. I just thought the list of numbers from your OP would do well to have a list of counteracting "goods" to balance out the "bads". I think it's good to look at the whole picture.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I am a space alien and I have been sent here to destroy you all.

edit to add- that was the first time I have been called a muslim extremist haha

Chineese spy- haha.

All because why? Because I dont support our liar in chief ?

You need a role model.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As much as I'll agree that Obama is not the root of all these problems he is the one in command right now that can get off his vacation trips and do something about it all!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He could pass his 'agenda' with executive orders, but he chooses not to because this is his agenda. They're all a clique just acting out a script like in UFC.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Horseploppy@ "he has no say." Sure, he gets blocked, but he's the president with the most power to say screw you" to the other members of Government in all of US history. That simple.

I mean, sure, I knew that Obama was going to be a pariah when he walked in. Nothing was going to be a miracle cure.

That being said, his policies aren't worth the paper they were written on, from the beginning. But that's true of most recent presidents.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I have a really hard time seeing the good equaling out the bad, I really do. Not to mention, he has proven to be a flip-flopper of ideas, now my LOGIC, my intuition, tells me that someone who is wishy-washy is someone that cannot be relied on. Would you agree? If your boyfriend or girlfriend said today," I wanna marry you", and then 6 months down the line, says "you know what No I don't wanna marry you now, but maybe in the future", then 3 weeks later says,"ok now I'm ready to get married", would you put your faith in them in knowing they will be by your side? I doubt it. I know that's a silly comparison, but it was the 1st idea that came to mind.....overall has the same sense in meaning. He's said too many things and then has turned around contradicting himself. That is untrustworthy behavior, therefore I do not trust him. Never would I vote for him as a lesser of two evils. I won't be voting for Romney either, no way, he's just as bad or worse, IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
the $1.7 trillion dollar debt china holds is good not bad. they are responsible for that debt, since they bought it.

america has to pay them back, but they're not out a trillion dollars.

they are just responsible for the interest.

the same like your house, you're not out the full price, you're only out the down payment and the monthly payment.

the difference is, you stop paying, you move out.

if america stops paying china, china has to collect. do they have the muscle to get the american government to pay, if they don't want to.

that's why america's credit rating is falling. giving a 900lb gorilla a banana is easy, trying to get it back requires extreme measures.

edit on 23-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
It might be easier to think of this in terms of an analogy:

Consider the state of the US economy as a house in the suburbs. Nice streets, good fire department, good police, good schools.

The policies of the Bush administration were such that the fire department is gone, the cops are gone, the schools are shut down and the streets are all torn up. Vandals have set the house on fire and there are snipers hiding in the grass shooting at what few fire fighters are left.

So when Obama took office, that is pretty much the situation. So now that everything is miserably #ed up, everybody is mad at the guy who is trying to fix it.

Would his policies have done good or harm? Hard to say, the snipers in the grass (AKA the GOP) shoot every fireman that shows up...so the fire isn't actually being fought, because of the actions of the snipers (GOP).

Thing is, there are plenty of things to go after Obama on - his support for the Patriot Act, his continued support of DHS, his lack of spine in cracking down on the flagrant corruption on Wall street, his caving in to the GOP such that his health care idea is watered down to the point of being worse than useless. The list goes on.

But oddly enough, all we ever see is this kind of tripe.

Ahh my all-time favorite excuse for Obama's horrible Jimmy Carter-esque Presidency - it's Bush's fault!

This country got swept up on the loaded garbage that was hope and change. I'm no Hillary Clinton fan but I would bet we'd be in much better shape financially with her in office. Plus she's no goof when it comes to dealing with the other side. That's PART OF THE JOB! Obama runs away from it and cries - "they won't work with me". Even the liberal Time Magazine printed an article pointing out that he hates dealing with Congress. THAT IS THE JOB! This man was WOEFULLY unprepared and without the experience required for the job.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
Regardless of the "good" he's done, I do not support Obama for these reasons:

Ordering the killing of an American abroad without due process.

Signing of the NDAA

Agenda 21

Spreading and continuing wars

A simple yet self-explanatory list.

OOOOOK. Let's start a thread with 70 reasons that don't have anything directly to do with Oval Office power to bash the current prez, then discount a list of what Office has done only to add your "4" personal reasons you don't support the Prez.

With all of his handicapps( both parties,House & Senate) being bought and paid for, IMO he has done the best that anyone could do (in his position) to keep a "recession" from turning into a "depression".

The only reason I wouldn't blame him fully is cause he is only one man who's own party doesn't even have his back.

I'm just on the outside lookin in ( Canada) and you guys are in a real bad way right now, your political system seems to be a mess( corruption wise) it is all out in the open and everyone can see the voters have no one to turn to. Mine isn't any better right now with our present PM ramming C-38 through parliment just because their isn't enough opposition to stop it, they won't even release budget details to the budget office lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Some of what he's doing is helping a lot. You just don't read much about it on ATS.
No, he's not perfect, but to avoid the continued destruction of this nation's middle class, I would vote against the GOP in a heartbeat.

Obama has overhauled the food safety system
Advanced women's rights in the work place
Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
Stopped defending DOMA in court.
Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
Invested in clean energy.
Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
He's done a lot for veterans
He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

Obama Achievements
Obama's Top 50 Accomplishments

He still doesn't regulate the gas prices or have ANYTHING to do with most of your list.

He's done a lot? How exactly does ending a policy regarding gay people advance us economically or with our relations with other countries?
The credit card industry is more consumer friendly? Really? These corporations dream up new ways to take your money - new fees, penalties, etc.
Passed the hate crimes bill? Isn't a crime a form of that already? Or will Joe Goofball have to serve more time for robbing a liquor store owned by an Asian? (And even if this were landmark - he SIGNED IT - CONGRESS PASSED IT). POTUS doesn't PASS anything. Well....I guess he does but this is a family site!
The rest of the "accomplishments" you site are more entitlements. More spending. More giving people money when there is no money to give. 5 trillion in debt and funding handouts with no revenue to pay is an accomplishment in your eyes? And Dodd-Frank is an abomination. Or Obamination.

I guess all of the people not paying their mortgages so they can get theirs is an accomplishment too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join