It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 facts Obama does not want you to see

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Found this article that broke down some interesting numbers on our economy since Obama took office. Thought I'd share. Obama likes to play things down, and many blind, obedient Americans buy into his speeches. He likes to say that it takes time for the economy to bounce back, but it isn't boucing back, only getting WORSE. I feel it in my own life, working in healthcare I have a freeze on any raises and several hospitals in my area have layed off over 200 employees each. Nothing will improve if he gets another 4 years.

U.S. Economy By The Numbers: 70 Facts That Barack Obama Does Not Want You To See

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocsgirl

Only had to read a few of these to identify the nonsense...

42 - According to one survey, 42 percent of all American workers are currently living paycheck to paycheck.

48 - Shockingly, at this point 48 percent of all Americans are either considered to be "low income" or are living in poverty.

Direct result of the economic and political policies ("let's start lots of wars") of the Bush administration.

$3.59 - When Barack Obama entered the White House, the average price of a gallon of gasoline was $1.85. Today, it is $3.59.

Gas should have been this price since the 1980s. Hasn't been due to market manipulation. That manipulation is beginning to fail, not due to anything Obama has done, rather due to the unsustainability of it.

49 - Today, an astounding 49.1 percent of all Americans live in a home where at least one person receives benefits from the government.

As stated, meaningless. The population of the US is getting older due to the Boomers reaching retirement age. These people are drawing Social Security, into which they paid their entire working lives. That is money they are owed by the government.

So sorry, this is just another useless compendium of "statistics" that don't really mean what the author is trying to imply they mean. Worthless.

ETA: Found another gem:

80 - Americans buy 80 percent of the pain pills sold on the entire globe each year.

This has WHAT exactly to do with Obama? Is he going around forcing people to buy pain pills? This is useless, meaninless data as presented. It provides no information at all.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
True, Obama didn't create many of the numbers and "statistics" reported in this article. But you cannot ignore this:

$5,000,000,000,000 - The U.S. national debt has risen by more than 5 trillion dollars since the day that Barack Obama first took office. In a little more than 3 years Obama has added more to the national debt than the first 41 presidents combined.

46,405,204 - The number of Americans currently on food stamps. When Barack Obama first entered the White House there were only 32 million Americans on food stamps.

16,000,000 - It is being projected that Obamacare will add 16 million more Americans to the Medicaid rolls.

$4300 - The amount by which real median household income has declined since Barack Obama entered the White House.

The rest just shows you how our economy in general is a huge failure. So are we going to continue regurgitating the same supposed solutions? Nothing Obama is proposing is going to fix any of this IMO...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It might be easier to think of this in terms of an analogy:

Consider the state of the US economy as a house in the suburbs. Nice streets, good fire department, good police, good schools.

The policies of the Bush administration were such that the fire department is gone, the cops are gone, the schools are shut down and the streets are all torn up. Vandals have set the house on fire and there are snipers hiding in the grass shooting at what few fire fighters are left.

So when Obama took office, that is pretty much the situation. So now that everything is miserably #ed up, everybody is mad at the guy who is trying to fix it.

Would his policies have done good or harm? Hard to say, the snipers in the grass (AKA the GOP) shoot every fireman that shows up...so the fire isn't actually being fought, because of the actions of the snipers (GOP).

Thing is, there are plenty of things to go after Obama on - his support for the Patriot Act, his continued support of DHS, his lack of spine in cracking down on the flagrant corruption on Wall street, his caving in to the GOP such that his health care idea is watered down to the point of being worse than useless. The list goes on.

But oddly enough, all we ever see is this kind of tripe.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well I don't play nice with political parties so here's a good tidbit:

$1,600,000,000,000 - The amount that has been added to the U.S. national debt since the Republicans took control of the U.S. House of Representatives.  This is more than the first 97 Congresses added to the national debt combined.

So just from the website, it is showing both parties are to blame.
Not just the POTUS, but CONgress and of course, banks.
Blac klisted News Source

Either way...the title of this thread should be:
"No matter how you look at it, we are F***ed"

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Obama is a war mongering jerk. Are you actually defending Obama? Why? What on earth would you defend him for? Do you like his 'kill list' or something?

He cant even pass a budget. He is a joke and a failure.

Obama has managed to turn the world against America. We were blaming Republicans before. Imagine our shock when we find out that Obama is more of the same. Obama is the last straw. You can blame him when the USD is unseated as the reserve. He could have fixed things. Instead, he has doomed the US. He must be the biggest failure of a President in US history. The only thing Obama has done is take some heat off of Jimmy Carter.

Obama makes me sick. What a liar. What a failure. He has doomed the US.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by havok[/it o

Couldn't agree with you more on that!!

I titled this thread according to my source, but I'm new to ATS so maybe I just haven't found my creative spin yet on threads.....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

You are emanating my every emotion right now

Bush left us in a bad situation indeed, but Obama could have turned things toward the better, after all, he had the complete faith and trust of nearly an entire nation, he had a lot of backing behind him, and it could have been achieved, but almost immediately flip-flopped once into office.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Too bad Republicans decided turn into the filibuster gang and block every piece of legislation the democrats proposed

Obama has actually been spending moderately, when one takes into account the trend that bush left

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Great to see he is continuing the trend!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Novaroc

And Romney intends to follow it if elected

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Gas was not $1.85 when Obama took office, not where I live. It's only gone up 20 cents tops seince he took office. It was closer to $1.85 when I was still in high school, back in 2005.

Not even going to bother looking at this list...
edit on 23-6-2012 by MmmPie because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I recall that just after the elections the gas prices dropped drastically, I recall them going down to about $2.00/gallon or so in my area...

But have since increased back to what it was up to before + some.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think Obama's Global plan to "fundamentally transform" this Nation is on course, full speed ahead.

He wants to corrupt and mangle our system as much as possible before he goes out of office and openly joins the other team.

A post Obama Presidency, whether it comes this year or in four years will be hilarious. When the press establishment wants to wane nostalgic. They are all gonna look like complete idiots.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
Bush left us in a bad situation indeed, but Obama could have turned things toward the better, after all, he had the complete faith and trust of nearly an entire nation...

With a GOP congress hell-bent on making him fail from the first night of his inauguration, it mattered not that the entire nation or even the world was behind him. The GOP congress is who you can blame for him not being able to get his agenda passed. The GOP doesn't care that the country is failing, as long as it brings Obama down.

I know it's tempting to want to put the blame on one person, but Obama has nothing to do with the price of gas, let alone many of your other numbers. The president simply doesn't have that much power. Think a little more deeply.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Bush ended up sucking. Obama sucks even worse.
I'm starting to miss Bill Clinton.
YIKES .. did I really say that???

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Absolutely. Same pawns in the same game. The only choice is for everyone to 'not' make a choice. Quit playing the game and the game does not continue. I understand this concept will never take on, as those who don't play are labeled unpatriotic and all.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
True, Obama didn't create many of the numbers and "statistics" reported in this article. But you cannot ignore this:

$5,000,000,000,000 - The U.S. national debt has risen by more than 5 trillion dollars since the day that Barack Obama first took office. In a little more than 3 years Obama has added more to the national debt than the first 41 presidents combined.

46,405,204 - The number of Americans currently on food stamps. When Barack Obama first entered the White House there were only 32 million Americans on food stamps.

16,000,000 - It is being projected that Obamacare will add 16 million more Americans to the Medicaid rolls.

$4300 - The amount by which real median household income has declined since Barack Obama entered the White House.

The rest just shows you how our economy in general is a huge failure. So are we going to continue regurgitating the same supposed solutions? Nothing Obama is proposing is going to fix any of this IMO...

The first one you quoted basically makes me not want to peruse the entire list. Why, in that statistic do we leave out Bush I, Bush II, and Clinton? Why do we not consider the growth of GDP and look at the debt in real dollars? The debt increased 189% during the Reagan admin - worst ever, an avg annual increase of 23.6%. Under Bush I, an avg of 13.9%. Under Clinton. 4.4%. Bush II, 11.1%, and under Obama 13.8%. Not good by any means, but the figures used to work up these numbers are like me boasting that I made 20x as much money than my parents annually at the same age.
Incidentally, Bush II increased the debt 5x more than the first 39 presidents combined. Reagan about 3x all previous presidents combined.
Also, debt increases as a percent of GDP have improved over what they were annually during Bush Ii's presidency - the only statistic that really matters in terms of debt. As an example, if I owe $200,000 on my house but earn $150k/year, and you owe $100k on your house but earn $30k/yr, who is in better shape when it comes to their debt?I am.

Yes, per capita income has declined, by nearly $40 annually, but that trend has already begun a reversal.

And always remember, just because the people you know are having a rough time doesn't mean the country as a whole is. Of my 30 closest friends, none are currently unemployed. One was toward the end of the Bush administration. He left the Lathers union (branch of carpenter's union basically) and became a teacher. He's now making more money than he was before and happier with what he's doing.
Does that mean "the economy is perfect and employment is at 100%?" absolutely not - see, i'm aware that my little corner of the world isn't a microcosm of all there is.

Look up the actual numbers, and learn basic economics before you assume the low-level trickery of statistics you're drawn to is true.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

They're not MY numbers. And I do think deeply, I'm not an idiot here, I know Obama isn't our savior, and doesn't hold power as One. He's a frickin' puppet of the powers that be, and I know Congress approval is needed, it seems to me that some people can't get over this whole Democrat vs. Republican issue.... oh, so the Republics, they're so evil and are corrupting Obama's agenda to make him look bad so we all vote Republican again??? Give me a break. I know it goes a lot deeper than that.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Obama is a war mongering jerk.

I know the "Obama is the devil" crowd doesn't care much for facts, since they get in the way so much... Case in point.

He cant even pass a budget. He is a joke and a failure.

GOP controlled Congress.

Obama has managed to turn the world against America.

Oh really? Care to present any actual facts to support this? (Pesky things those facts)

We were blaming Republicans before. Imagine our shock when we find out that Obama is more of the same. Obama is the last straw.

Those with two functioning brain cells still blame Republicans. You are correct that Obama is not as much different as is desirable. He is, however, orders of magnitude less evil than anyone in the GOP at this stage of history.

You can blame him when the USD is unseated as the reserve.

I'll instead put the blame where it belongs: Bohner and his boytoy Cantor and the GOP.

He could have fixed things. Instead, he has doomed the US.

Do you know how the system works in the US? The President has limited power. Obama has tried to fix things, as stated in my earlier reply. The GOP's ONLY reason for being since Jan 2009 has been to bring down Obama and to hell with anything else. It is true that some wish he had been more effective at fighting the traitors in the GOP, but again, the office of President can only do so much. In spite of Bush's best efforts to undermine the separation of powers.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bush ended up sucking. Obama sucks even worse.
I'm starting to miss Bill Clinton.
YIKES .. did I really say that???

Now THAT's funny!
Of course, many of us realized Bush sucked back in 2000... I don't agree that Obama sucks worse, I think he sucks less by a LOT. For one thing, he actually has command of his native language...

But still, very good!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join