It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robocop 3: A prophetic and moving film, which has inspired me once again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Dear ATS Users,

My thread title probably sounds a bit weird, but I shall explain.

I watched Robocop 3 for the first time when I was a child. At the time, I did not really have enough understanding to really see the hidden meaning of the movie.

Watching it again on YouTube really has given me inspiration to carry on the fight, the rebellion against our capitalist oppressors.

In Robocop 3, a corporation called OCP wants to bulldoze parts of Detroit, forcing families out of their homes, and turn it onto a new, shiny district with the capacity to make lots of money. The people affected form a rebel alliance, and fight their oppressors.

In this film we see the substance of real, good cops, which we unfortunately do not see as much today.

Watch this movie again, like I did, and I hope that you will see what I see.

You can watch all the parts on YouTube. It realy is amazing how much of the Robocop world has become a part of today's society: the blatant lying of news corporations, the imposition of the Police State, and so on.

If some company like OCP tried to do what they do in the film, to real people today, would we fight back? Would we resist? This last question worries me, because I think the answer is NO.
edit on 23-6-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
hmmm..

I am laughing a little.

Robocop 3...possibly one of the worst of the trilogy, as a motivational film for mass revolt.....

I don't know dude. More power to you....but I need a little bit more than that to join the revolution our overlords are hoping for.
Martial law would only help their cause.

join