It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler's Fingertip Bitten Off By Pet Piranha

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Automatically assumed it was the pitbull? These people shouldn't have pets or kids. Morons.

I had a pitbull for 15 years, and if my children screamed about something, the last thing that would have went through my head was the dog. If it had been any other way, I wouldn't have had the dog. If there was any doubt in my mind that the dog might bite the kids, I wouldn't have had the dog.

If the parents automatically assumed it was the pitbull, but it turned out to be the PIRANHA!, then there are definitely "issues" with the household.

What a moronic story.

I am also a fan of "natural consequences." Stick your finger in a piranha tank, get bit, and that won't happen again. But piranha have really small mouths, so if the whole tip of her finger was bit off, then she was extremely small, and her parents should have realized she had crawled up onto an area above a PIRANHA TANK!

MORONS!

You do make good points! If they automatically thought it was the dog, he may have had a snapping issue beforehand? Who knows?

The thought crossed my mind as well, that they should have had an aquarium up to where she couldn't get to it at all. I would have been scared she would have fell in and drown in the water maybe, if not just bitten by the piranha!

I come from the old school like you. Dad would say don't do that....don't do that... OUCH!!!! Hurt like hell didn't it??
I did my kids the same... this was a bit much for me, but hey. Could have been a boa constrictor I guess. She got off luckier than she could have. The extreme pet phase just boggles my mind I guess.

<< 1   >>

join