It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help please in finding the rational explaination to a puzzle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
HI,
I just thought I would post an experience I had recently to see if anyone had any opinions on it.
I work in a homeless hostel which currently houses aprox 93 homeless people between the ages of 16 and 60. On any given day we have the police in asking for various residents usually relating to petty crimes ie: shoplifting, TWOC ect..... two weeks ago the police were in again asking about a certain resident who we has not seen for a couple of days, nothing unusal in that we thought until we opened the local newspaper to find that he had been arrested along with 2 others unknown to us a murder which occured about 6 miles away from the hostel.

Although we have many arrests for various things this was one of the most serious crimes the any of our residents had been involved in since I started working there in 2008.
Due to the funding of our hostel we have to provide the local authority with stats of all the outcomes whether they be positive or negative move ons. For my own interest I keep my own file of all the negative outcomes which includes reports of court cases, arrests ect.....

We were all shocked at the arrest of this resident for murder so as usual I trawled the local papers, court stuff ect to print offndetails of the case as it appeared to put into the file.
It is important for me to add that at the same time that this was gong on the case of Luka Magnotta was hitting the headlines and I was also following this case as these things interest me.
This is where things seem to have got a bit blurred.

All us staff and most residents were talking about the murder which our resident had been arrested for and one morning I was chatting to another staff member about it when she asked what exactly happened, did we know how he was killed ect, I answered her and told her that as far as I knew the poor guy had been stabbed in the head with a screwdriver, put into the bath, his body was then chopped up and placed into a suitcase which was then dumped in the woods, on thinking about what I had told her I then added I was not sure where I had heard this so not to take it as gospel and that I may have even imagined it.

That evening I racked my brains trying to recall how I knew this information and whether I had inadvertantly mixed up our murder with the Magnotta case somewhere along the line, maybe even dreamed about botht cases and got them confused. I thought no more of it.

On going into work the following day my colleague was waiting for me and immediatly asked if I had heard the news( which I had not) the police had just given out more details surrounding the case and what I had told her the day before was totally correct, I still thought nothing of it untill she looked at me seriously and asked how I knew the details before the police had released them.

I spoke to the police when they came in to pick up some belongings and they assured me that the first time these details had been given out was that same morning, THE DAY AFTER I had told the exact same thing to my colleague.

Now I know that there are a couple of rational explainations to this.
1) I had blurred the magnotta case with our own murder investigation, this is plausible but seems very coincidental (some of the details I had spoken about were slightly off ie there was no mention of Magnotta chopping his victim up in the bath, Magnotta used and ice pick whereas I had been sure that our murder was done with a screwdriver also there was no dumped body parts in a suitcase.

2) One of the most alarming explainations but also very plausible was that one of our other residents witnessed the murder and had told me the details( where I work is so manic sometimes residents talk to you when you are trying to deal with a dozen different things and you go on auto pilot and dont really listen)

3) which I personally think is pretty implausible I somehow dreamed or knew about the details of the subconsciously the details.

I dont think for one minute that there is any other explaination for me knowing the details of the murder so accuratley and now the whole thing is just niggling at me, I know I probably will never know how I knew so thought I would throw this out to you all as maybe there is some glaringexplaination staring me in the face that I have not thought of. My own personal thought are that I confused the two cases but the only thing which doesnt tie up is the details of both cases were very alike but with certain small differences which I had identified

Thanks for taking the time to read this :-)

edit on 23-6-2012 by serendipity59 because: added paragraphs

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
What if you committed the murder and somehow framed the homeless man? Ever black out ir wake up in a strange place?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by serendipity59

Not much of a puzzle, all we have for information is what you provided. Assuming you knew the details, there is a very low probability you took details of one case and mixed them up in the exact way to create true details of another case. The most likely solution is you heard them. Assuming they were withheld, only someone connected to the crime would have known. If one resident was involved, it stands to reason another could be as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Yes that is a theory which is plausible, I do tend to work on auto pilot alot of the time,
I probably have tried to discount that theory as I dont want to think that another of our residents who I work with every day could be a murderer or at the very least been witness to it.

This is really just niggling at me now as if it is the case of someone actually telling me I really should speak again to the police, though I am kind of not wanting to do this as if it really is a case of me just muddling up two different cases I dont want to be wasting police time in giving them false information.
When I spoke to my hsband about this he said that surely if someone told him something like that he would remember it, and he couldnt really undrstand that if it was another resident who told me that I would not remember who it was

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

ha ha, not recently.

Though knowing that your post is joking I also do worry that me speaking to the police about this they may have the same though as you

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

The reason you dont remember it is because at the time it did not seem important. You were not hearing unreleased information only an involved participant would know, you were hearing what you believed was common knowledge. Your brain saw nothing important, and thus did not remember the details.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

That makes sense, though that would mean that today and every other day I will be going into work wondering about everyone I talk to, and now also wondering whether that person knows they told me undisclosed info and if this is the case whether they realise the implications of this.

I have never in all my years felt unsafe at my place of work but ( had a few close calls but nothing I couldnt handle)
Your line of thought has now put a totally new spin on me lone working with any residents.
Although your take on it does make the most sense I guess I'm really deep down hoping that this is not the right explaination as what has been just a niggle for the past week is slowly turning into a real concern.

Thanks for your straght forward approach in helping me look for a realistic answer to this.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by serendipity59

That makes sense, though that would mean that today and every other day I will be going into work wondering about everyone I talk to, and now also wondering whether that person knows they told me undisclosed info and if this is the case whether they realise the implications of this.

I have never in all my years felt unsafe at my place of work but ( had a few close calls but nothing I couldnt handle)
Your line of thought has now put a totally new spin on me lone working with any residents.
Although your take on it does make the most sense I guess I'm really deep down hoping that this is not the right explaination as what has been just a niggle for the past week is slowly turning into a real concern.

Thanks for your straght forward approach in helping me look for a realistic answer to this.

Logically speaking, it makes the most sense. It is not the only solution, as my namesake says, the simplest reason is usually the correct one. This doesn't mean the resident was an active participant though, it's possible they were made aware by the killer after the fact. If any good comes of this it is to make yourself more cautious at work. Most of the people you work with may be good decent people, but all it takes is one. Sometimes we need a reminder that we put ourselves at risk when we think there is no risk.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Maybe you were acting as a medium, and the dead guy was speaking through you to relay the details of his murder.
Do you have any psychic abilities?
Hey.......... it's 2012! Strange things are happening all over the place! Just an "outside the box" explanation.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It happens. We all get these once in a while.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Auto pilot or not I doubt you could hear the grisly details of a murder from someone and not remember that that is where you heard such a thing. Not unless you hear details like this on a daily basis that is. Something like that would stick with you.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As you said you were folowing the case because it was personal ot you and your work.
We all have this ability, some are better at using it, then others.

You 'picked up' on the grisly details because they have a high energy attached to them and you were also on mental alert. Everything vibrated and has energy, including thoughts, some have more energy than others, this includes murder and anything involving spilled blood.

There is the remote possibilty you may have touched the person who commited this murder but I think you would have a more vivid account of the murder, rather than an 'auto pilot' type of response.

Don't worry about it, this was inbuilt in all of us, to keep us safe. When you need it, it will be there.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Auto pilot or not I doubt you could hear the grisly details of a murder from someone and not remember that that is where you heard such a thing. Not unless you hear details like this on a daily basis that is. Something like that would stick with you.

Where did you obtain your degree in psychology by the way?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey Guys,
Thanks for your comments and input. I'm off to work this morning with a small niggle of doubt in my mind around all of this. I am tending to lean towards the "maybe someone spoke to me and told me the details"
One thing I do know is that I will be taking your advice about staying safe at work and one thing this thread has brought home to me is the complacency which I think has set in a bit surrounding my work. My husband has for about a year been telling me that he worries about me in my job, but I have always laughed this off I think after this I will be taking personal safety more seriously.
I will update you all should any new information come to light.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by serendipity59
Hey Guys,
Thanks for your comments and input. I'm off to work this morning with a small niggle of doubt in my mind around all of this. I am tending to lean towards the "maybe someone spoke to me and told me the details"
One thing I do know is that I will be taking your advice about staying safe at work and one thing this thread has brought home to me is the complacency which I think has set in a bit surrounding my work. My husband has for about a year been telling me that he worries about me in my job, but I have always laughed this off I think after this I will be taking personal safety more seriously.
I will update you all should any new information come to light.

Thank you, and most of all be safe. I know all too well about workplace complacency. I work at a psychiatric hospital and a nurse was assaulted several months ago because he was complacent and was not aware of what the patient was doing. Had the patient had the foresight to lock himself in with the med room with the nurse it would have been 5 to 10 minutes before we could have got it open, and it could very well have resulted in the death of the nurse. Healthy fear is always good. This is not to say you need to be on such a high alert you experience stress, just have a healthy fear that leads to awareness! I wish you the best.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I thought I would write a quick update on the murder situation, the police still only have one of the clients I work with in custody he has been charged wih murder and is awaiting trial.so things have calmed down alot now at work about this as it has kind of become old news now.

On Tue Night whilst I was on a late shift my boss rang me at work to tell me that about 100yds away from the building there were a lot of armed police and the road had been cordoned off, (he rang to tell me this as he knew this was the way I drove home)

I immediatly I looked on the web at our local news and whilst I was doing that lo and behold the half a dozen armed police came marching in the front door.

Another murder has now taken place, again with the victim having been decapitated

This time the police wanted to see if all the residents could be accounted for, which luckily they could.

It just seems totally unbelievable that 20 years ago I moved from a big city with a high crime rate to be near the sea side, in a place that until recently was renown through England as a sleepy little town where people go to retire.
Now we have had two sadistic murders within a couple of months both within a couple of hundred yards of where I am working

I am now really starting to wonder about humanity

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I do this all the time. I'll be totally engrossed in some random task, not really paying any attention to the conversations going on around me...then when I finish said task, it's like my brain kicks back in and starts to sort through all the things I overheard but hadn't really processed. That of course leads me to believe you overheard what happened at some point without realizing it at the time.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

There is a lot of "evil" in the world that is for sure. Even the smallest tucked away location can experience it, perhaps even more so because it is so unexpected. I hope they catch everyone involved quickly. Just remember, as much evil there is in the world, there is just as much love.

new topics

top topics

join