It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politico Reporter Suspended for Romney Comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
story from The Washington Free Beacon
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff - June 22, 2012

Earlier this week, MSNBC aired the Martin Bashir Live show with a guest Joe Williams who is the White House Correspondent for Politico.

Williams made very disturbing comments about Mitt Romney suggesting that Romney is only comfortable around white people.

Williams seemed like his "analysis" was "educated" and well "thought about" prior to the statements. He almost appeared to be smart !!
(Although my first thoughts however, were that Williams was coming on like some kind if intellectual who has been over-educated well beyond his capacities)

Williams also has been tweeting on Twitter about Romney. Some are sexually suggestive.

Because of this, Politico has "suspended" Williams, and Williams has issued an "email statement" that seems to be blaming others and while he states that he "regrets" the incidents, he does not apologize.

It looks like Williams has joined the ranks of recent Obama "supporters" by actually costing votes !!!

Have some Obama supporters lost their minds ??

A Politico reporter who suggested GOP president nominee Mitt Romney is only comfortable around “white folks,” has been suspended, the news organization announced late Thursday.

The Washington Free Beacon was first to report on Williams’ controversial remarks, which he made Thursday afternoon on “Martin Bashir Live.”

Link to video (Williams comes on @00:33)
'White folks who are very much relaxed in their own company'

Here is a better video:
"Politico Reporter Says Mitt Romney Is Only Comfortable Around "White Folks" "

Some background stories from Breitbart

Politico, the unofficial web-branch of MSNBC, and whose staff spends more time on MSNBC than Chris Matthews, has a so-called reporter named Joseph Williams who all but called Mitt Romney a racist on Martin Bashir's show today.

Williams says declaratively that Romney is only comfortable around white people.

But if you think the video clip is disgraceful, wait till you see Mr. Williams' greatest tweets collection assembled below.

"Dick" jokes about Ann Romney. Really......

Williams just isn't any Politico reporter, by the way, he's their White House Correspondent, but one who regularly shills for Obama on Twitter -- furthering the Obama campaign's talking points on race and Romney's wealth.

Oh, and he also makes penis jokes about Ann Romney.

Politico Reporter Tweets Ann Romney Penis Joke
The story ^^^ has the tweets !!!

In an email statement just published at Politico, suspended White House Correspondent, Joseph Williams, lashes out in a not-so-subtle way at Andrew Breitbart and Breitbart News.

I regret that this happened. I understand and respect John Harris' point of view - that I've compromised Politico's objectivity, and my own. At this point my suspension without pay is still indefinite, and I don't know what management has in mind as an appropriate sanction, so I can't object or appeal. Politico still employs me, but the review process hasn't started in earnest so my future remains unclear.

Having covered the Shirley Sherrod firing and seen the fallout from James O'Keefe's brand of journalism, I'm not surprised a small group with internet access and an ambitious agenda can affect reporting and distort analysis of political news. It's quite unfortunate and incredibly frustrating, however, that I landed in the crosshairs this time, calling Politico's integrity into question and jeopardizing a job and a career that I love.

Suspended Politico Reporter Lashes Out at Breitbart

Did this guy Flip his Lid ??

Or, is there some hidden message or agenda ??

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Why does it seem like they are trying to divide our country and cause problems among different races instead of the political parties?

I sure hope not.

But desperate people do desperate and dumb things. Seems like his supporters are getting more bolder with their remarks, thinking that they are untouchable.

Apparently not. So not cool......

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why so mad? He is probably right. Come on now Romney isn't comfortable around anyone but the insanely wealthy. He doesn't know how to talk to them, he doesn't share their concerns has absolutely zero empathy with them. So yes it would be extremely easy to picture the man of wood, being especially uncomfortable around blacks who further epitomize that which he is uncomfortable with.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Why so mad? He is probably right. Come on now Romney isn't comfortable around anyone but the insanely wealthy. He doesn't know how to talk to them, he doesn't share their concerns has absolutely zero empathy with them. So yes it would be extremely easy to picture the man of wood, being especially uncomfortable around blacks who further epitomize that which he is uncomfortable with.

so you are a racist? Why not accuse him of being uncomfortable around Chinese?, or Mexicans?, or Asians, Or, etc...
Me smells an agenda here!

Oh, and this is sick. I CANNOT BELIEVE I found a topic where I am forced to defend Romney, who I despise!

But this is right up there with all the billboards that accuse all white people of being racist.

The most racist people in the world are now campaigning to call other people racist. What a screwed up world we live in!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Sorry to confuse you, it should have been easy enough for you to infer that he would be just as uncomfortable around any minority. That is unless they were part of the insanely wealthy minority he himself belongs to. I doubt race is all that big a factor for him, but that it does contribute to him generally coming across as out of touch. He isn't likely to have been exposed to many minorities on a personal level raising his discomfort. It has nothing to do with believing him to be racist in the slightest just clearly uncomfortable. By no means do I think he secretly wishes he could donning white hoods and burning crosses in people's front yard. He just has no connection to common people and less so with minorities. He isn't likely to win because the average person can't picture themselves drinking beers with him.

It just so happens this article is about what a black correspondent had to say from his perspective. If it were any other minority I would say they are most likely correct as well from their perspective.
edit on 23-6-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but I'll be happy when we go back to not having a black President!

That's not being racist, that's being logical. All this administration has done is yell race, or the white guy in office before him!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

"Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled." — The Kybalion.

This Principle embodies the truth that "everything is dual"; "everything has two poles"; "everything has its pair of opposites," all of which were old Hermetic axioms. It explains the old paradoxes, that have perplexed so many, which have been stated as follows: "Thesis and anti-thesis are identical in nature, but different in degree"; "opposites are the same, differing only in degree"; "the pairs of opposites may be reconciled"; "extremes meet"; "everything is and isn't, at the same time"; "all truths are but half-truths"; "every truth is half-false"; "there are two sides to everything," etc., etc., etc. It explains that in everything there are two poles, or opposite aspects, and that "opposites" are really only the two extremes of the same thing, with many varying degrees between them. To illustrate: Heat and Cold, although "opposites," are really the same thing, the differences consisting merely of degrees of the same thing. Look at your thermometer and see if you can discover where "heat" terminates and "cold" begins! There is no such thing as "absolute heat" or "absolute cold" — the two terms "heat" and "cold" simply indicate varying degrees of the same thing, and that "same thing" which manifests as "heat" and "cold" is merely a form, variety, and rate of Vibration. So "heat" and "cold" are simply the "two poles" of that which we call "Heat" — and the phenomena attendant thereupon are manifestations of the Principle of Polarity. The same Principle manifests in the case of "Light and Darkness," which are the same thing, the difference consisting of varying degrees between the two poles of the phenomena. Where does "darkness" leave off, and "light" begin? What is the difference between "Large and Small"? Between "Hard and Soft"? Between "Black and White"? Between "Sharp and Dull"? Between "Noise and Quiet"? Between "High and Low"? Between "Positive and Negative"? The Principle of Polarity explains these paradoxes, and no other Principle can supersede it. The same Principle operates on the Mental Plane. Let us take a radical and extreme example — that of "Love and Hate," two mental states apparently totally different. And yet there are degrees of hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms "Like or Dislike," which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we "like" or "dislike" or "neither." And all are simply degrees of the same thing, as you will see if you will but think a moment. And, more than this (and considered of more importance by the Hermetists), it is possible to change the vibrations of hate to the vibrations of Love, in one's own mind, and in the minds of others. Many of you, who read these lines, have had personal experiences of the involuntary rapid transition from Love to Hate, and the reverse, in your own ease and that of others. And you will therefore realize the possibility of this being accomplished by the use of the Will, by means of the Hermetic formulas. "Good and Evil" are but the poles of the same thing, and the Hermetist understands the art of transmuting Evil into Good, by means of an application of the Principle of Polarity. In short, the "Art of Polarization" becomes a phase of "Mental Alchemy" known and practiced by the ancient and modern Hermetic Masters. An understanding of the Principle will enable one to change his own Polarity, as well as that of others, if he will devote the time and study necessary to master the art.

Sorry for the blast of text; however this topic is always dividing the populous.

Learn the rule and then decide if you want to play.

Use you individual power.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is just the beginning of playing the race card yet again.

Sigh.

Why I hate politics anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

You mean because he is part Mexican and his father is from Mexico?
You confuse me when you start talking the demorats talking points without anything but rhetoric to support it. "he's out of touch" is a talking point out of the whitehouse staff and not your own thoughts.
I repeat, the guy is part mexican

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The only thing the leftists at MSNBC can do is play the race card.

Always,always with the race card sure the guy will end up at Current TV just like Oblerman did, and still working for the same "Corporations".

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

It wouldn't matter if he were part Vulcan. It doesn't take anything but watching tape of him talking to people to tell he is uncomfortable around them. You have problems when you can't identify bakery cookies from those that come prepackaged. You have problems when you are looking at a donut and do not know what it is called. You have a problem when trying to identify with race fans and all you can say about the sport is you know a few of the owners. When trying to identify with autoworkers you can only find with them is your wife drives a couple of Cadillacs you again have a problem.

He may very well be a genuinely nice guy to those in his social circle and class. He may even have the best intentions for the country. But clearly he does not share any of the concerns less privileged people have. He has the same problem Carlton has trying to relate to Will Smith. It wouldn't matter if he were pink, blue or green he simply does not understand or relate well to people other than rich people. Then add to it minorities who are disproportionally at the bottom rung of socioeconomic status and he can relate to them even less. And really given that he is part Mexican what box do you think he is checking off when filling out paperwork Latino or Caucasian and why?

He would be far better off if he quit pretending to be just like the average American, and stuck to his you just don't like me because I am successful and you envy me persona. At least then he would be being honest with the public and himself. It doesn't make him racist to be the way he is, but the experiences of these people are just beyond his ability and desire to grasp.

edit on 23-6-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
As it turns out in reality, Romney has no "Mexican" or "Latino" or "Native American" bloodline at all apparently.

He does have distant relatives that do however.

It stems from when his Grandparents lived in Mexico (American Citizens).

And a recent video has Romney on a Spanish talk show where he clarifies.

And he seemed pretty comfortable with the audience.

Heritage and youth

Willard Mitt Romney[1] was born at Harper Hospital in Detroit, Michigan,[2] the youngest child of George W. Romney, a self-made man who by 1948 had become an automobile executive, and Lenore Romney (née LaFount), an aspiring actress turned homemaker.[3][4][5] His mother was a native of Logan, Utah, and his father was born in a Mormon colony in Chihuahua, Mexico, to American parents.[6][7] He is of primarily English descent, and also has more distant Scottish and German ancestry.[8][9][10] He is a fifth-generation member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).[11][12] A great-great-grandfather, Miles Romney, converted to the faith in its first decade, and another great-great-grandfather, Parley P. Pratt, was an early leader in the church during the same time.
Mitt Romney

Romney Family

Mexican Cousins Keep Romney's Family Tree Rooted

George Romney (Mitt's Father)

Romney's parents, Gaskell Romney (1871–1955) and Anna Amelia Pratt (1876–1926), were American citizens and natives of the Territory of Utah.[7][8][9] They married in 1895 in Mexico and lived in Colonia Dublán in Galeana in the state of Chihuahua (one of the Mormon colonies in Mexico) where George was born on July 8, 1907.[1][4][10] They practiced monogamy[1] (polygamy having been abolished by the 1890 Manifesto, although it persisted in places, especially Mexico).[11] George had three older brothers, two younger brothers, and a younger sister.[12] Gaskell Romney was a successful carpenter, house builder, and farmer who headed the most prosperous family in the colony,[9][13] which was situated in an agricultural valley below the Sierra Madre Occidental.[7] The family chose U.S. citizenship for their children, including George.
George Romney

Many people compare George Romney (Mitt's Father) being "Mexican" to John McCain being "Panamanian" or even Barack Obama being "Polynesian".

Published on Jan 25, 2012 by Univision

Mitt Romney explained his Hispanic heritage. The Republican candidate recognized he is not truly a Mexican-American because although his father was born in Mexico, his grandparents are of American descent.
In English...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I agree with that, he is classist, not racist.
You are calling him a racist. He is out of touch because he is a bilderberg elitest. He is not a racist.
You are stoking the fires for race tensions and wars between the average people when your fight is with Obama's and Romney's financial backers and masters.

Both Obama and Romneys people benefit from the propoganda you spread using their bullet and talking points.
Romney is as much "out of touch" as you are, which is A LOT!
Playing your part in the Hegelian dialectic means you are as much of the problem as the frontmen like Obamney and Rombama

new topics

top topics

join