It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who says you can't get here from there?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I work in psychiatry, maybe you need to do some refreshing on your Psych degree.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Sorry, motivation is irrelevant to actions.

OK. You can take that up with wiki.
en.wikipedia.org...

Are the Aliens attempting to remain hidden or are they making no attempt to remain hidden. It can not be both.

You changed on me. attempting? I thought we were talking about end results. That was clearly what you stated. no?

Just to add, wishing to remain hidden or not caring in no way deals with motivations. Motivations are the reasons for this.Adding the word wish does not in any way attempt to address motivations.

take that up with merriam-webster

Definition of MOTIVE
1: something (as a need or desire) that causes a person to act

You can look at what I said above if you desire a rephrasing, although there is zero difference.

attempting implys failure. You can attempt one thing and fail and then attempt another thing and succeed. so could they have attempted to remain hidden and failed? do you want to rephrase? this is fun.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I work in psychiatry, maybe you need to do some refreshing on your Psych degree.
you are retarded

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
OK. You can take that up with wiki.
en.wikipedia.org...

You want me to address your use of Wiki or the fact you cant understand the difference between the action and the motivations leading to the action. Motivation is irrelevant to action. Motivations can only be guessed, actions can be observed. You keep wanting to derail logic based on observable actions and go back into the realm of motivations so you can tread out the same tired old retort. I still wont play your game, it must be frustrating for you.

You changed on me. attempting? I thought we were talking about end results. That was clearly what you stated. no?

You cant understand how the end result is the attempt? You asked me to rephrase, so I did, and still you cant answer. The motivations are the reason for what they attempt. The attempt is the end result of those motivations. We can not know what they are thinking, so we can not discuss motivations, as much as you want to so you dont have to answer any actual questions.

take that up with merriam-webster

Definition of MOTIVE
1: something (as a need or desire) that causes a person to act

I hope you catch on soon, I grow tired of explaining the same concept over and over. We are not going to discuss the motivation, motivation is irrelevant. The reasons why are irrelevant. We are only dealing with the actions, your link supports me, how do you not see that? Lets get away from the cause and deal with the observable action.

attempting implys failure. You can attempt one thing and fail and then attempt another thing and succeed. so could they have attempted to remain hidden and failed? do you want to rephrase? this is fun.

Attempt does not imply failure or success, you even say so in your next sentence. You seriously think you possess strong logic/intellect skills? No I do not want to rephrase it, I would like you to answer it. I am also not sure why it is fun that you are so far beneath my intellect you cant even reach step 1 in a sequence of logic.
edit on 27-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

you are retarded

I must apologize, quite clearly you are a man possessed of superior logic, you have finally persuaded me. Oh hey how about you actually answer the question I have asked you over and over you dont want to answer. It must suck when you know you are pidgeonholed and you cant enter into an intellectual discussion and all you can do is circumvent one from happening.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

you are retarded

I must apologize, quite clearly you are a man possessed of superior logic, you have finally persuaded me. Oh hey how about you actually answer the question I have asked you over and over you dont want to answer. It must suck when you know you are pidgeonholed and you cant enter into an intellectual discussion and all you can do is circumvent one from happening.
you really suck at this. I answered your questions over and over while you have not answered any one of mine. you make up your own definitions of words to fit your argument. either that or you really are quite ignorant or ....retarded. and you being retarded is a logical assumption based on your retarded posts. I just feel bad for the other retards that have to share the same retardedness as you.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I have only asked one question for you to answer. Are the Aliens attempting to remain hidden, or are they not attempting to remain hidden. How many pages are you going to drag this out? I seriously doubt you have any college degree unless it comes from a mill. Either that or you had some very sympathetic professors.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I dont ever expect an honest answer from you, its very clear youd rather obfuscate than engage in honest debate. You have been shown to be immature and incapable of defending your position, or following a simple line of reasoning. The cherry on top was the personal attacks, the last line of defense of he who has been thoroughly trounced. Enjoy the fact I got to you on such a deep level and left with you no options having cornered you in from all sides that you had no option left other than to engage in character assassination. You have lost in every imaginable way.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

[qoute]
I have only asked one question for you to answer. Are the Aliens attempting to remain hidden, or are they not attempting to remain hidden.
The answer is: I dont know. Why is that not an acceptable answer? There is absolutely no way to know if "aliens" are attempting anything. The question is inherantly retarded. attempting something has 2 posible outcomes: success and failure. as in you are attempting to make sense but are failing. I think the word that you want to use is "Intending".

How many pages are you going to drag this out?

30 or 40

I seriously doubt you have any college degree unless it comes from a mill. Either that or you had some very sympathetic professors.

based on what?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I dont ever expect an honest answer from you, its very clear youd rather obfuscate than engage in honest debate.

I have given you my honest answers but you don't accept them. why? an honest debate requires clear understanding of the words that you use to form your argument and an agreement on what the words mean. I have provided definitions that are not my own of the words that you use. You essentially make up your own definitions. So who is obfuscating?

You have been shown to be immature and incapable of defending your position, or following a simple line of reasoning.

My position is that your premise fails logically. Logic can be expressed mathmatically with the end result being true or false. Your statements are false. There is no other way to look at it. a false statement is a false statement. My position remains defended and quite well i might add. and you are still retarded.

The cherry on top was the personal attacks, the last line of defense of he who has been thoroughly trounced.

since you personally attacked me first with your comment about my degree means that you have been thoroughly trounced. I was patient until then. How does one "work in psychiatry" anyway. what exactly do you do? just an odd statement.

Enjoy the fact I got to you on such a deep level and left with you no options having cornered you in from all sides that you had no option left other than to engage in character assassination.

"I work in psychiatry, maybe you need to do some refreshing on your Psych degree."

How should I interpret this comment other than a retarded attempt at a personal attack on me?

The absolute only thing I have been cornered into is this; either you really have no clue what you are talking about based on your comments or you are trying to mess with me. either way, you are retarded. And no, that is NOT a personal, attack it is my professional opinion.

You have lost in every imaginable way.

I totally agree. arguing with someone who doesn't know definitions of basic words is a total loss. Sadly, I may have to admit that I may be even more retarded then you because i can't think of anything more retarded then arguing with someone who is clearly retarded.
edit on 27-6-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04 You want me to address your use of Wiki or the fact you cant understand the difference between the action and the motivations leading to the action. Motivation is irrelevant to action. Motivations can only be guessed, actions can be observed.

So you want me tell you what the aliens are attempting based on my observations of their attempts?

You cant understand how the end result is the attempt?

No, I can't.....I really can't I really, really can't. You have stumped me..

You asked me to rephrase, so I did, and still you cant answer. The motivations are the reason for what they attempt. The attempt is the end result of those motivations. We can not know what they are thinking, so we can not discuss motivations, as much as you want to so you dont have to answer any actual questions.

So we are discussing alien attempts that is the end result? attempts are actions that are observable?

Lets get away from the cause and deal with the observable action.

What is the observable action??????? The attempt??? who observed aliens attempting?

Attempt does not imply failure or success, you even say so in your next sentence.

which sentance? So what does attempt mean????

at·tempt/əˈtem(p)t/Verb: Make an effort to achieve or complete (something, typically a difficult task or action): "she attempted a comeback in 1989".

Noun: An act of trying to achieve something, typically one that is unsuccessful or not certain to succeed: "an attempt to halt the bombings".

Synonyms: verb. try - essay - endeavour - endeavor - assay
noun. try - effort - essay - trial - endeavor - endeavour

You seriously think you possess strong logic/intellect skills?

What? no, not really....me? WTF?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Since we have other-worldly starship's that visit our planet Earth, according to my own Foofighter sighting, as well as many other's --- makes me assume that the other-worlder's have broken the speed of light barrier into the super-luminal realm of speeds many times the speed of light.

The alien starships... need to be photon powered, that is, a starship engine that sucks in light photons like a black hole, and ejects them with tremendous thrust. Once the magnetically shielded starship gets to the speed of light barrier, it simply gathers in more photons where it increases speed exponentially squared to many times the speed of light.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Stop while there may be 1 person left reading this who does not consider you a fool. I doubt you still have that 1 though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

So then you believe Aliens are visiting Earth with technology that is far beyond anything we could hope to create?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Stop while there may be 1 person left reading this who does not consider you a fool. I doubt you still have that 1 though.
stop what? What person? what are you even talking about? I am just trying to understand what you are saying and why you think aliens are attempting things and how you know this. so just please tell me what your point is. please

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I have only asked one question for you to answer. Are the Aliens attempting to remain hidden, or are they not attempting to remain hidden.
OK. OK. I will answer honestly since I am cornered. there is only on way to proceed.

I will now state my honest answer to the question and you can have your way with this.

I believe the aliens are attempting to remain hidden.

This is my final answer. I will not take it back. from this point forward I admit that everything said previously was not honest. I don't have a degree in psycology as i never finished high school. i lied to make myself seem smarter but it didnt work.
edit on 28-6-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Erno86

So then you believe Aliens are visiting Earth with technology that is far beyond anything we could hope to create?

I don't "believe" that the other-worlder's or there robot's are visiting our Earth, I KNOW that they are visiting our Earth; though somewhat off and on at times.

"Technology that is far beyond anything we could hope to create" ---- With some luck...mankind should be able to unlock the secrets of super luminal technology, because if we don't ---- the human race will be doomed to extinction when our sun boils the Earth four billion years from now. It wouldn't be bad...if the human race would try to establish contact with the other-worlder's...NOW, in order to show them that we don't mean them any harm; and too enlighten them that we appreciate them --- by having them showing us the way towards super luminal technology; as in other-worlder starship sighting's here on Earth.

The blue shift --- red shift phase of starlight photons should be the key to unlocking the secrets of super luminal speeds of a photon powered starship. Blue shift --- stars or galaxy's heading towards the starship. Red shift --- stars or galaxys heading away from the starship. Once the starship gets to the speed of light barrier by sucking in and expelling starlight photons with tremendous thrust --- it breaks the barrier by going into the blue shift high power phase, by increasing speed exponentially squared into the super luminal realm.

Just my 2 cents,

Erno86

edit on 28-6-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join