It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Erhart Distress Signals Emerge .....finally.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
www.redorbit.com...

Those of us early boomers probably all remember the famous aviatrix Amelia Erhart.
She was a one woman equality moodel for the world....
Her aircraft went down in the Pacific oon or near a Japanese held island....while she was ostensib flying around the world......
Rumours of her being a spy, of special orders from the presidentto overfly the island etc...abound still.......
Heres the latest latest snippet of this ages old mysterious dissapearance..............
edit on 23-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Ok here if you dont feel up to cicking on the link provided....we aim to please.

New details about the last moments of legendary aviator Amelia Earhart’s fateful voyage to fly around the world at the equator have emerged, adding to the evidence that she didn’t just vanish off the face of the Earth.

Dozens of radio signals that were previously dismissed have been found to be credible transmissions from the famed pilot just after her Lockheed Model 10E “Electra“ went down on July 2, 1937, according to a new study.

It has been generally accepted that Earhart’s plane simply ran out of fuel and crashed in the Pacific as she searched for Howland Island, the final refueling stop before flying on to Honolulu and then California.

The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR), the group planning an expedition to search for the lost crash site and final resting place of Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan, said the radio transmissions entered the air waves just hours after Earhart sent out her last in-flight message.

TIGHAR presented their findings during a three-day conference last week in Arlington, Virginia. Among the discoveries: a small broken cosmetic jar found on an uninhabited island in the southwestern Pacific republic of Kiribati, which the group believes proves where Amelia Earhart’s plane went down nearly 75 years ago.

Source: redOrbit (s.tt...)
more at link

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I see no said snippet . . .
But I'd love to see it. I'm very closely related to Amelia. I've been border-line obsessed with her disappearance since I was a kid.

Edit: Just kidding. I found the snippet. I was looking for it at the bottom. I need some sleep

edit on 23-6-2012 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I read this a while ago.It's something we'll never know.It's been a long time since she disappeared.It is an interesting story though.

Also,I don't believe she was a spy

To the poster above me...click the link

edit on 23-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The sad dissapearance of these intrepid two flyers, Noonan, and Erhart, seems to be one of the ominous foretastes of what was comming for the world....
A microcosmic alarm bell nobody noticed......
Things just got steadily worse from that point on, for a few years........In fact they havent much gotten any happier since that era ended with their deaths......
WW2 swifty replaced by the cold war, and the Hot proxy wars which are somehow much more brutal for innocents caught between the jaws of two opposing ideals.....
Naw its just a dismal rainy night here....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks for the link to the article. Anyone else google map Nikumaroro Island? It is a sliver of a beach in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific. I'm sure it is beautiful, but poor Amelia. So lonely. I hope there was at least an animal or two on the island.

Anyhow, fascinating stuff. Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenedEmpress

Her plane went down before she made it that island.There's no way her plane had the technology to make it to that island way back then.I'm guessing she crashed way before making it there and drowned.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's a couple Amelia Earhart threads...it appears to be about 99% solved.

Credible radio signals ignored...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Increasing evidence solves Amelia Earhart disappearance...including finding a jar of her brand of "anti-freckle" cream...

Researchers mounting a new mission to solve the mystery. Possible plane wreckage off the atoll where she's believed to have crashed...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Well there ya go...this thread includes all of thaat information in one ink...somebody isnt giveing out the full story...make a conspiracy out of that.................

top topics

join