It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman found with superhuman sight enabling her to see 99 million more colours than an average person

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

It is more common for males to be "Colour Blind" than females. 1 in 12 males is Colour deficient. Whereas its only 1 in every 255 females.

So we are rare birds! LOL.

edit on 23-6-2012 by maya27 because: Spelling.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undergroundlight

Congratulations.

My graph looked like the Manhattan Skyline.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
From the Wikipedia article on Tetrachromacy:

In tetrachromatic organisms, the sensory color space is four-dimensional, meaning that to match the sensory effect of arbitrarily chosen spectra of light within their visible spectrum requires mixtures of at least four different primary colors.

I've often wondered what a fourth primary color would look like. But it is like trying to visualize a four-dimensional cube (tesseract) in our three-dimensional world. Our minds just cannot grasp the concept.

I wonder what would happen if this woman was presented with a display of the entire color spectrum (like the projection of the rainbow from a prism) and was asked to point out the distinct colors she sees. She should be able to identify red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet and at least one other. Where would this other color appear? At one of the ends of the spectrum? Perhaps somewhere in the middle between the unique colors we see?

Let's say we called this color "foo". If we were to take her out to a colorful place (like a rain forest or maybe the Grand Canyon) and ask her to identify an object of the color "foo", what would it look like to us?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
once they isolate the gene that causes the development of this 4th type of cone then its another thing on my designer baby wishlist lol

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Interesting post.......liked the Colour test!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I did all four test colours at once, not sure if that was what you were supposed to do?.

But i got a test score of 15 so not low. I did better on the tan colours than the rest

But i tell you it was hard sitting there some of the colours got me for a bit

Oh i see now, answered my own question im not bad could be better though

edit on 23-6-2012 by karmajayne because: spelling ugggggh!

edit on 23-6-2012 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

You are suppose to do them all at once. It doesn't score them individually. And the best score you can get is a zero, so a fifteen is pretty good.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undergroundlight

Thanks i just edited my post when i realised that 15 wasn't bad, I didn't quite understand it at first.

It gave me a bit of tough time though I might be better the second time around don't think my brain could handle it right now haha

Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by christafinias

It's far less common for females to have Colour Vision Deficiency.

My Optician was so excited while putting me through tests. He explained it all to me, bit technical though.

I am mainly Blue/Green deficient, but also seems to affect my Pink/Violet/Indigo.

Are you female? Do you have light sensitive eyes?

I tried the test again, this time I scored 137.

Woo, yeah, I have come to join you ladies in the color deficiency club....got the fantastically high score of 101 !

I'm female too, I had no idea I could see colour so badly lol.

Having said that I was born with eye issues

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Very interesting. I see it well, got a 4.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This may be a double post, I am having keyboard issues at the moment.

As a female, I got a 19. I am an artist, meaning I make art for a living, and sell art. I knew going in that I have trouble distinguishing blue/green sometimes. The test was a little hard for me.

I wonder if there are some historically famous artist who would have scored perfectly on these tests, and in fact may be a tetrowhatever. Some artists just have an amazing ability putting color down.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Found this, and thought it might be interesting from the point of view of tetrachromic vision.

www.xrite.com...

The lower your score, the better. Best of luck to everybody and their eyeballs.

Ive always felt my ability to see color saturation was a little off.

I guess it is!

You all know those claritan commercials where they peel back the gray looking film? Im *always* surprised when they do! I always think the image looks fine until they change it

edit on 6/23/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I got 24, all in the blue green spectrum, although the other 3 tests were 0 (perfect).

I have a cataract in my right eye due to being targeted by a microwave weapon.
I'm female and over 40, so I think I did pretty well.

Maybe I should cover my right eye and try again? Maybe tomorrow. it's 2.30 in the morning.

I also fit the criteria for being a tetrachromic but I couldn't see any letters in the 3 circles, but there were differences in the shades.

I do however, possess the ability to remember a colour and find that exact shade in the shops.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
118, I win!

This is how everything looks to me in my world appearantly

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Dam took the Tetrachromat circle test and I did not see anything, guess I suck at seeing more colors, I do not know if you would call that ability a super power or these tetrachromat people superhumans, but its just a cool trait to have.

But in this test I got 0 ( Perfect Color Acuity )... So at least I am not color challenged, though some days I feel like everything is just shades of gray out there. Must be a mental projection thing then.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

This would make her much more able to detect cloaked things. Cloaking meaning the LED mat, show you what's behind the object type cloaking. Better able to detect the subtle differences.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am female, got 28,but considering the worst score is about 1500, that is pretty good. 1 question, when they say first and last tile are in order did they mean in each row??? or the first one in the first row and the last one in the last row?

Ithought they meant the first??

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just had to try the test.. got a perfect score! I was a little surprised when I got that, since like somebody else said, a lot of the time it looked like the colors were off.

Women's high score is 1.5k while ours is 109k (lower is better).. that's a little sad to say the least

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Found this, and thought it might be interesting from the point of view of tetrachromic vision.

www.xrite.com...

The lower your score, the better. Best of luck to everybody and their eyeballs.

This is really cool! I may not be a tetrachromat, but I scored a 0 on that test (which means, I have perfect color acuity).

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I scored an 8, kind of went through it quick because it hurt my eyes to much. Kind of interesting to me because I'm a some what artist, I mean I have the talents I just rarely use them so I wasn't expecting such a low score. On another note I'd like to add that I've always felt my vision is little different then most, of anyone I've encountered so far. On clear enough days I can seem to see what I can only describe as "light particles". All around when it's clear and sunny if I focus I can see very small shimmering specs of light? I never pay much attention to it though, the mind is a powerful thing...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join