It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman found with superhuman sight enabling her to see 99 million more colours than an average person

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It sounds like an amazing ability she has but it makes you wonder how many would have called her crazy because they couldn't see the same thing.

I'm wondering how many people see ripples in the air when cars go by. I do a lot of times. I heard not everyone sees that. I thought at one time almost everyone could see ripples in the air from fast moving objects. However I don't always see the ripples in the air so I wondered if my vision was going bad. Since I've seen drawings with ripples in the air behind moving objects, I thought it was common to see this. I can wave my arm around but I don't see the ripples at that time so I wondered. I once had a pair of glasses from the eye doctor that I had to return. I think it was using thinner material. I told him I saw colors around every light source. The colors of the rainbow. I couldn't stand it. He said that was odd and I got a different pair of glasses. I thought the glasses were defective but he said nobody else reported the same problem. I was thinking the sample size was only his office.

Yeah, if someone told me they saw a rainbow of colors I might joke that they were crazy. However if I ask them if they often see ripples in the air around frisbees or cars going by, they might think I'm crazy.

edit on 23/6/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There's probably a job waiting for her in the military. They'll find some way to use her gift in a destructive way.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

I can't even imagine what that would be like, but it sounds awesome!
Why was I born normal? WHY?!!?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by crankyoldman

With trillions and trillions of cells in the human body each person is bound to have something rare about them. It's probability. But anyway, my last post clarifies my opinion about being 'special'.

I don't think human evolutionary genetics can compete, especially on its own. Humans have to integrate with machines and computers to be their best. It's not about being superhuman.

Computers + Machines + Humans > Superhumans (if they even exist).

The whole package is what's important.

The human body changes too slowly on its own, bottom line. That's why police forces and military forces use night vision goggles and other technologies and not just their eyes. Our body is fragile and limited. It's a superb work of natural engineering, but its role in all this has reached its peak. I'm not implying we should disrespect nature, I'm only being as honest as I can about it.
edit on 23-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Transhumanism is not only horrifying, but it is totally misguided. If you actually knew your true potential, you'd laugh at the idea. There are no superhuman powers, as humans have DUMBED DOWN their "powers" to be here on earth. Do not mistake the soul consciousness that is expressed THROUGH the body for the body, as they are not quite one in the same: the body is a temporary condition that supports a given experience based on limitation, which, is not the truth of our expression. To merge machine and man would be interesting to ONLY those who wish better slaves, but to those who would be used in such grotesque experiments a life of pure hell would be the experience: think chain gang IN a cell.

The truth, for what is is worth, is that your imagination is the actual super power, it is the very thing that gives you all the superpower you could ever want to need, you've just been told to forget it and opt for cars, video games and slaving for others as that is all you are. To take all that power and remove it further by shoving your consciousness into a machine is beyond foolish - but alas one might find droidism fun for a few moments though I doubt it as I find our form of enslavement intolerable enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I got a 4 on that test

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
Just came across this article. Mindblowing to think how different her experience of reality must be to the rest of ours.

This is a really good question, and I can probably shed a tiny bit of light on it for you.

I have an entirely unusual hearing range, and it did and does make the world a bit different for me than other people. Particularly when you are younger and other people are sure that what they sense is the only possible reality of how things go together.

It was not until I was an adult that I had proof that what I hear is real, and that my hearing range is quite unique. In the mean time, I just learned to not to comment on issues regarding noises. Two of my kids appear to have the same sensory difference and they get to grow up knowing that even if everyone else around them doesn't hear it, its still true. Their experience of reality will be different than mine because of it.

Reality doesn't really matter to people's consensus of what things should be based on their own similar sensory experience. The modern gatekeepers of reality is science. But if science hadn't be around to tell you that this woman sees a different range of colour, or to tell me that my hearing is different did that make the experience of reality less?

Cool link. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The test

My score

Get tested HERE
edit on 23-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That was hard work. I almost gave up. LOL.

My score 108. My Green band was all the way to the right of the low colour acuity bar.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

An 8, after a lot of sunlight today. Eyesight is worse when exposed to the sun.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Originally posted by Chonx

One assumes ( a dangerous thing to do I know) therefore, that the visual cortex is constructed in healthy persons, in a way which will process ANY visual data that is fed to it. The only caveat being, that if the actual instrument which feeds it is faulty, it will perform in a sub par manner, while if it is extraordinary, it will accept the larger input just as readily.

An interesting point, but would an aged brain be prepared for the sudden over-stimulation? Would this only really work in a developing infant brain as opposed to an adult brain, since the brain would need to be 'wired' or have the ability to adapt to the new sensory input?
edit on 23-6-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't think it would be a problem--just would take longer.

For instance, there's that study on the brains of England's cab drivers? Their brains carved out extra space in other areas for spacial memory. So the argument is either: they were born odd, or they grew odd as adults: because they didn't drive as infants.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Found this, and thought it might be interesting from the point of view of tetrachromic vision.

www.xrite.com...

The lower your score, the better. Best of luck to everybody and their eyeballs.

I got an 8 and may never be able to see straight again!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nice thread.

Do you think she see if I'm an ***hole or not?

Yeah, Your right, you probably don't need special vision to see that.

Boy, you guys are brutal.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Found this, and thought it might be interesting from the point of view of tetrachromic vision.

www.xrite.com...

The lower your score, the better. Best of luck to everybody and their eyeballs.

i got 84!, my blue to green was way above the rest.
my eyes are worse than i thought lol

edit on 23-6-2012 by christafinias because: Typo

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just wish she could explain it to us, but we would never understand what she sees. I mean, what colors are out there that we don't see on a day to day basis? Do other species sees even MORE colors? Imagine an intelligent being capable of seeing over 10,000,000,000,000 colors

It's extremely mind-boggling.

Here's a pic I found of a simulation of normal vision of a sunflower vs a tetrachromat:

Just a sim but interesting to think about!
edit on 23-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm under 30 years of age, with 20/40 vision.
I scored a 10.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I got a perfect score on that color test!

Makes sense though, since I'm an artist and all.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by christafinias

It's far less common for females to have Colour Vision Deficiency.

My Optician was so excited while putting me through tests. He explained it all to me, bit technical though.

I am mainly Blue/Green deficient, but also seems to affect my Pink/Violet/Indigo.

Are you female? Do you have light sensitive eyes?

I tried the test again, this time I scored 137.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I'm female yes

i may try the test again once i can see properly again lol.
i will have to research why women are more deficiant, i believe the test mentioned something similar.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wonder what she sees because it's probably amazing. Probably other people out there that are tetrachromat's if I remember correctly. I doubt she would become an experiment of any type. Tried that test and got:

It was pretty fun because they looked way off constantly. The reason the images are combined because I cropped it down and merged them with a program of mine. Didn't want to have to put up two separate images.
edit on 23-6-2012 by undergroundlight because: error

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join