It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to Alex Jones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnaCarta19

Alex Jones is anything but humble.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Facts dont need emotion behind them. They speak volumes all on their own. Alex Jones uses emotion as a heavy Spackle to cover up the giant holes
and contradictions in his myriad 'theories'.

Real truth speaks quiet. It doesnt need to yell, and carry on. It lets the weight of the truth speak. Alex Jones is just a wealthy man, who gained his wealth from marketing his emotion. If you are a consumer of his emotion, you are, by definition, a Rube, a Mark, a Consumer.

Jeez, you'd think that someone who's only motivated by profit and self-interest wouldn't put himself in such a precarious and controversial position in society to the point where a lot of people hate him and he probably gets laughed at walking around in public.. neither would such a person go to the effort of infiltrating Bohemian Grove or organizing several Bilderberg protests, this serves little monetary interest and again puts one in an uncomfortable position and the bad books of men with bad ideas

can you really fault the guy for being emotional? or have you been completely stoic during your time on ATS and the life events preceding your arrival here? I mean I don't know what you believe but I'm guessing since you're on this website that you have experienced emotions and a train of thought that is alien to most

and may I also respectfully inquire as to what you have contributed to the liberty/truth movement that gives you the authority to claim that AJ does nothing but sell BS to suckers? a coupla weeks ago AJ mobilized thousands of people to go protest the Bilderberg conference and this consequently made waves on news outlets like RT and The Guardian.. pull something like that off and then talk smack, with all due respect

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

well he's no Buddhist monk that's for sure, but he's shown a great deal of respect and humility in the past so at least I know he's capable of it.. and have you ever seen him ostentatiously display his alleged great deal of wealth? I haven't, and I'm pretty sure he puts most of the money he makes (which he makes fair and square by selling content, and not just asking for donations.. some of his documentaries are very well made and I'd gladly pay for them but I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO because all his stuff is free to watch on youtube and he knows this) back into infowars and PP

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

He puts a helluva lot of info out there that the Corporate media just do not give you.
Some mistakes and lies, maybe.
But you get a ton of lies from the corporate media and hardly Any truths.

If I'm not happy or unsure about anything he says, I check it out. Like I do with anything I read, see or hear anywhere.
If people don't trust him, just don't listen to him.

I understand people's opinions but I myself find a lot of the stuff he puts out is good info.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnaCarta19

well he's no Buddhist monk that's for sure, but he's shown a great deal of respect and humility in the past so at least I know he's capable of it.. and have you ever seen him ostentatiously display his alleged great deal of wealth? I haven't, and I'm pretty sure he puts most of the money he makes (which he makes fair and square by selling content, and not just asking for donations.. some of his documentaries are very well made and I'd gladly pay for them but I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO because all his stuff is free to watch on youtube and he knows this) back into infowars and PP

Well, for a man in his position, I've seen him scream abuse at callers who disagree with him, I've heard him slander the hell out of people who have called attention to his 'stretching' of facts or who he plain just doesn't like. Maybe in America this is seen as fair game, but where I'm from decorum and self restraint still count, especially when dealing with the subject matter he deals in, where opinion plays such a role, and as far as I'm concerned I don't care at all for most of Jones's opinions, which he call 'facts'.

I've said this before, call me old fashioned but to me a person in Jones's position should have more integrity. He has been shown to lie, many times, I really don't know how anybody respects him in a professional sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I've seen it too and it annoyed me probably just as much as you (in fact after his first interview with Tarpley about Ron Paul I was extremely disappointed by his behaviour.. though I think he was drunk as it wasn't a formal interview) but that's no reason to not give credit where credit is due.. in the case of Tarpley he then conducted another interview which was VERY good and informative and he didn't get angry at Tarpley once even though he was once again attacking libertarians and Ron Paul.. this is the kind of thing I give AJ credit for, he's obviously got some kind of anger issues but it's not like that's prevalent every single time he talks.. in fact 90% of the time he's completely calm

"Maybe in America this is seen as fair game" I think in America everything is seen as fair game
edit on 23-6-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56

He puts a helluva lot of info out there that the Corporate media just do not give you.

If your only way of thinking of AlexJones is by comparing him to the worst examples of msnbc/FOX corporate lies, then I guess I see why you think he's so great.

But maybe one day, you will realize there are TONS more reliable sources of info out there to get your news from . Jones is hardly even a 'journalist'. most of what he 'reports' is just a re-hash from another media outlet, often the same 'msm' he decries

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If your only way of thinking of AlexJones is by comparing him to the worst examples of msnbc/FOX corporate lies, then I guess I see why you think he's so great.

But maybe one day, you will realize there are TONS more reliable sources of info out there to get your news from . Jones is hardly even a 'journalist'. most of what he 'reports' is just a re-hash from another media outlet, often the same 'msm' he decries

what are your sources? I'm not trying to be funny I'm just curious.. and would you say these sources are better because they omit the sensationalism or because they are factually more sound?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

what are your sources? I'm not trying to be funny I'm just curious.. and would you say these sources are better because they omit the sensationalism or because they are factually more sound?

Well, off the top of my head, from a few i've been reading this morning, I'd say www.democracynow.org... and The Guardian are good examples of fairly non-sensationalized media. I only mention those, because, as I've said, it's what I've been reading this morning. They still have their own bias. All news does. They are better because they are both less sensational and because they are more 'factually sound'. A LOT of what Jones talks about is simply not true. And he rarely if never goes back and corrects himself. He has a story line he is trying to fulfill, because it's how he markets his brand. So he seeks out info that he can present that will confirm his storyline. A real journalist seeks out the truth, no matter how it fits into their storyline. Alex Jones has basically become niche market, targeted towards people who reject the 'mainstream', but still need their world view molded in the same way, just from a slightly different perspective.

Once you move beyond this very juvenile and limited need to have everything's meaning spelled out for you, you can discover there is a whole world of info out there. There are independent journalists all over the world. There are libraries full of knowledge waiting for you to digest and piece together the truth. But first you have to step away from the charismatic loudmouths who only serve to make you into a target demographic, either for cable news' sponsors, or the disaster prep and gold coins and dvd's of the 'conspiracy' world.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What makes you think Alex Jones is my only source of alternative media.
I said I don't believe in what the corporate media feed us.

The Internet is the only place I look for news.

In fact ATS is a great news source because any news story that comes on here is researched by most who want the truth.
Alex Jones may do three or four hours a day but there's plenty of hours left in the day to tune into other news sources.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Your friends idolatry and fanaticism isn't AJ's fault.. he never tried to create a personality cult or claimed that he is a messenger from God.. he's just a humble Texan who has some things he'd like to share with the world (and of course, he's not gonna protest if you wanna purchase a PP subscription or some infowars merch)

The transparent sycophancy displayed here is nauseating.

MC, if I'd wanted one of Jones' shills in this thread, I would have asked.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Alex making up things again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Comparing Max Keiser to Mike Adams makes completely no sense to me. Max actually documents what banks and wall-street are doing in a factual manner. I don't get what is crazy about him? Because he has passion to spread information and isn't boring?

Mike Adams reports on alternative health topics that usually contain very little scientific or factual backing. He probably started doing this to make more money. Organic natural stuff is pretty trendy right now.

edit on 24-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnaCarta19

Humble?

Alex Jones Crashes Austin Pro Gun Rally, Then Lies About It On His Show

edit on 24-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

This also looks very interesting. Apparently I'm not the only one who has been having misgivings about Mr. Jones.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
show is free, movies are free, wtp?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkultracanuck
show is free, movies are free, wtp?

That is nowhere remotely close to the point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join