It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch in the Trees | A Case of Pareidolia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A post in the cryptozoology forum got me looking at Google Street View in the Algonquin Park, ON, Canada area hoping to possible see something strange captured by the Google car within the thick forest near and far from the road. As I was going along something caught my eye which looks like the stereotypical face of a witch with a hat peeking out from the trees. I tried another angle and I believe the same object can be seen, but what's interesting is it still kind of looks like a witch. I've outlined what I'm talking about in one of the photos from the alternate angle. If you didn't know, what you're seeing here is a common case of "pareidolia" which can be summed up as the brain wanting to create human, or known, features out of non human objects. Check out the links below to see the exact spot on street view along with images of what I'm talking about.

Street View

edit on 22-6-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Interesting. I suppose anything can be seen when the mind wants to see it. That being said which tree is the witch peering out from exactly? Good, extra info. I only saw the streetview at first and I thought WTF?

edit on 22/6/12 by gardCanada because: added information

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Honestly, I don't see it but I will believe you. If you could open the pic and circle what you mean, maybe I would be able to see it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gardCanada

When I click the street view link it comes up already facing the trees in question so if this is the same for you it would be the trees right in the middle with a few pink colored flowers on some branches. The "witch" actually has some of these flowers where the hat would be. If the street view doesn't automatically face this spot for you then turn it around facing the trees closest to the road and look for these pink flowers. You might get some help also from the images I've linked. The "witch" can be seen in my avatar also.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry but not even my mind with an active imagination and willingness to 'believe' can conjur up anything in there that looks even remotely like a witch peering through the trees. Could you perhaps edit/circle what your seeing and give an indepth 'play by play' as to what you are seeing as a witch peering out?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Click the fourth image link to see the closest zoom. If you still don't see it I don't know what to say. Maybe some people see it and others don't, but there you go.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

AH HA, is that her in your avatar? (The really green spot in the center of your avatar) It would be the profile of a witch? With her hat on top long nose and long chin. I think I am getting you now.

Jeesh, were you looking at the thing with a magnifying glass up to the screen? I would have never spotted that thing off in the distance like that.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Yes, that would be what I'm talking about. If you stare enough at it you begin to see where the eyes, nose, mouth, and hat can be seen.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
I'm sorry but not even my mind with an active imagination and willingness to 'believe' can conjur up anything in there that looks even remotely like a witch peering through the trees. Could you perhaps edit/circle what your seeing and give an indepth 'play by play' as to what you are seeing as a witch peering out?

+1 to this.
Even in your avatar, all I see is a clump of leaves and flowers.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I wouldn't say witch, I'd call her a tree spirit.

Pics of Tree Spirits

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sorry cant see it i think you have too much time on your hands

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Originally posted by HomeBrew

+1 to this.
Even in your avatar, all I see is a clump of leaves and flowers.

I think you can see faces in any clump of trees if you look long enough, sometimes they will jump out to one person but not to others, not worth mentioning in my opinion though.

new topics

top topics

join