It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes in Deja Vu.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So I wanted to post this to see if anyone else has noticed similar things happening. Deja Vu is something that I have experienced a lot in life. I would even venture to say that there are times when it happens to me more than others. I to this day can not explain what it is. I have ideas that fit with some theories that exist, such as the theory that time is not linear but cyclic, and Deja Vu is us seeing the into the future which is also the past.

So to get to the point, over the last few months I have been noticing that I can sense before Deja Vu is going to happen and I can literally see or know what is about to happen. At first it was just a few mere seconds that I would see. My last experience I was able to know what would happen exactly for almost five minutes I believe. That confused feeling that accompanies Deja Vu is there but somehow I seem to have some sort of control.

I know this sounds strange but, is anyone else having similar experiences or have any knowledge on the subject that might help?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I too get Deja Vu very often. This summer, it is almost as if I can see far into my future when I get it. The sense of "been there, done that" is so strong now that it kind of scares me sometimes. Also when I get it now, I become very lucid. The world looks so much more real, so much more concrete and organic when it happens, like a fog has been lifted or like someone squeegeed my eyes. Whether it is just a freak occurrence or something else entirely, It certainly has changed my perspective on life and my beliefs. Eternal Recurrence? Yea, I can see that.
edit on 22-6-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I will subject my self a little on that theory....Seems that every time a question or motive is ensued upon me,I already know the answers or consequences before hand...hard to explain but in the same field.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There's a chemical imbalance that can cause it, supposedly.

But I dream dreams that really happen, so I see both sides of this as valid. lol

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Was talking about this recently in another thread...my deja vu experiences start out familiar and then the ending changes...but this week..I have been having deja vus that I have had before? They are repeating, that is a first.

Very disturbing.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just had this happen today! I was sitting in an office with a co-worker and "felt" a Deja Vu coming maybe about 15 seconds before the actual Deja Vu happened. (if that makes any sense) I literally was getting ready to say something to my co-worker, almost as if to say "Hey Deja Vu" but it was too early. Then the Deja Vu happened and I looked at her and said "Have you ever experienced Deja Vu?"

It's almost like watching a movie you've seen hundreds of times and you know there's a part coming up that you remember vividly, but you remember it while watching the immediate scene before. It's like you know it's coming but it hasn't happened yet.

Weird! Also the past couple of days I have had pain in my neck, and sensitivity to sunlight, along with a mind fog so needless to say this week has been interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
I too get Deja Vu very often. This summer, it is almost as if I can see far into my future when I get it. The sense of "been there, done that" is so strong now that it kind of scares me sometimes. Also when I get it now, I become very lucid. The world looks so much more real, so much more concrete and organic when it happens, like a fog has been lifted or like someone squeegeed my eyes. Whether it is just a freak occurrence or something else entirely, It certainly has changed my perspective on life and my beliefs. Eternal Recurrence? Yea, I can see that.
edit on 22-6-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

That is exactly what I was trying to explain. You've stated it perfectly.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Deja vu is more than likely a memory dysfuntion. Deja vu can be induced in lab experiments. There are also people hat have chronic deja vu (meaning they never stop feeling it).

science.howstuffworks.com...

Chronic Déjà Vu

Recently, there have been studies of people who have what researchers are terming "chronic déjà vu." Four senior citizens in the United Kingdom have experienced déjà vuin a constant state. They refused to watch the news because they felt like they already knew what was going to be said (even though they really didn't). Or, they wouldn't go to the doctor because they felt like they had already been and didn't see the point.

Researchers have suggested that these individuals have experienced a failure in the temporal lobe. The circuits that are activated when you remember something have gotten stuck in the "on" position, so to speak. This has essentially created memories that don't actually exist [ref].

Humans have a lot of memory problems.

edit on 22-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by usmc0311

I will subject my self a little on that theory....Seems that every time a question or motive is ensued upon me,I already know the answers or consequences before hand...hard to explain but in the same field.

I know what you mean actually. Hard to describe but i'm sure it is all connected some how.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well since time is manmade, and supposidly all things that have happened, are happening and will happen are doing so infinitely I wouldn;t doubt we would pick up on ripples backwards to us.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Very interesting. I read a little of that, and will continue the rest later.

Thanks for posting that link.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Was talking about this recently in another thread...my deja vu experiences start out familiar and then the ending changes...but this week..I have been having deja vus that I have had before? They are repeating, that is a first.

Very disturbing.

Strange, sometimes I have wondered wether or not I have experienced the same ones before as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitybender
Just had this happen today! I was sitting in an office with a co-worker and "felt" a Deja Vu coming maybe about 15 seconds before the actual Deja Vu happened. (if that makes any sense) I literally was getting ready to say something to my co-worker, almost as if to say "Hey Deja Vu" but it was too early. Then the Deja Vu happened and I looked at her and said "Have you ever experienced Deja Vu?"

It's almost like watching a movie you've seen hundreds of times and you know there's a part coming up that you remember vividly, but you remember it while watching the immediate scene before. It's like you know it's coming but it hasn't happened yet.

Weird! Also the past couple of days I have had pain in my neck, and sensitivity to sunlight, along with a mind fog so needless to say this week has been interesting.

Interesting indeed. I am very sensitive to sunlight. I'm the guy wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day and about to get an eye doctors authorization to tint my car windows as dark as I can. I have always been sensitive to light but it feels as though it may be becoming stronger these days.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Very interesting, especially the second video. I still think there is more to it than just our brains alone but I am open to anything as well. Thanks for posting this info.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented
Well since time is manmade, and supposidly all things that have happened, are happening and will happen are doing so infinitely I wouldn;t doubt we would pick up on ripples backwards to us.

I just wonder if it is going to increase or not. It seems to happen a few times a week or so these days. Just very strange. Strange times we are living in.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Very disturbing.

i thought i was the only one, i find it most unsettling to have repeat's..I'm currently at the point where ive secluded myself from life, just to stop it.. little good tho, seems to have accelerated, like nothing is new to me

and Ive also had moments were a question was thought, and received an answer (in real life not the schizoid type)
3 times that's happened.

i think you might find vibrational frequency's, mass consciousness, and 2012 of help
also AAT, the bible, old testament, Sumerian epics.. well all that fits to AAT
and Ascension

doesn't fit that human is really fully evolved with out intervention that we would have dejavu, and psy abilitys

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
From what I can remember from a New Scientist article; they say Time equals past, present and future and is happening all at the same time.
But our brains have been made to percieve it as linear.
Those unfortunate senior citizens have a problem with time perception, so they think they have already done the things they percieve they have done.

My eldest gets deja vu a lot but she says since 2006, her deja vus have changed. She says she sees reality in front of her, whilst replaying the deja vu in her mind's eye over it but she says reality has changed for the better.

I used to think deja vus was the Creator's way of telling me I'm on the right road. I still don't know.
I used to get deja vus all the time when I was younger, now I get movies in my dreams ie not my reality but cryptic clues on the world affairs, more prophetic.
My dreams seemed to have branched out.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just before I saw this thread I had a strange feeling I had seen this thread before, and then I saw this thread, read it and all the while, reading every post, I had the eeriest sensation I had read them all before.

Just before I saw this thread, I had a strange feeling I had seen this thread be...fore...

Just before I saw this thread, I had a strange fee...ling...I had seen....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Alright so I have to update this here. I had the most intense session of Deja Vu tonight. I was able to know what was going to happen for almost thirty minutes. I was at a wedding and at a table and was able to tell the people around me what songs would come on and who would walk in and out. It was the strangest episode yet and I am still having a hard time shaking it. Anyway really weird and increasingly strange.

ETA: I have been having a lot of flash backs from combat lately, and when these issues begin they feel very similar in nature.
edit on 23/6/12 by usmc0311 because: added material

top topics

join