It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over southern illinois?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Been a member here since the very beginning, although I spent some time away from this site, only to come back to find my username and password no longer worked. So I re-registered. I was not going to because I find that this site has become a mouthpiece for a lot of people who are just off.

But why I came back, and why I was on here today, was because of what I saw last night around 10:59.

I live in southwestern, PA about 25 minutes south of Pittsburgh. I was outside with the dog last night and witnessed exactly what you saw. I turned the corner around the side of my house which opens up into a field that sites between our street and another row of homes behind us. I looked up and saw a bright light. Immediately I thought it was a medical helicopter, or a plane, but I could not judge its altitude and it made no sound which was actually quite noticeable. It seemed to be stationary when I first saw it, but then it started to move across my field of vision from south to north. It moved slow and not exactly in a straight line. IT was very bright white/yellow. As best as I could judge it was about 8 - 10,000 feet up. As it moved it seemed to start to climb rapidly and turn to a bright red as it did. As it turned from bright white/yellow to red it's color intensified then dimmed out. Almost (and this might sound crazy) as it was leaving the atmosphere. Near the spot where it faded out, about five degrees to the north another smaller light started to move near it, the dog was impatient and jerked me away when I turned to find it again I could not.

As a sheer skeptic for many many years, I was totally blown away by this. I was shaking and had a rapid heartbeat as this happened. I did not have a phone or any device on me. I was almost in a state of shock when it happened.

I always doubt people when they say they have seen things, or can find a rational explanation but I can honestly say there was none for this last night.

I stayed out side for a few minutes until my wife got rattled and made me come in, I just wanted to see it again just to make sure I was not losing my mind.

One of the craziest nights ever....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Reminds me of craft I've seen round this way, I can't tell the shape of the actual body, although I'm conviced I've saw black and grey triangles previously, they would flash red and yellow, the strangest thing is, they flashed spiral shapes, and circular.

You know what you wave a sparkler in the air, and you can make patterns and words, like that.

Those pattern ones were last year.

In 2010 I saw a black saucer in broad daylight, I was havin a ciggy out my window, looking out in the garden. It wasn't there, then in the blink of an eye it was there, just sitting there, almost like a photograph. After about 2 minutes, it tilted to the side, and sloooowwwwllyy glided backwards off into the distance.

A week later, me and my friend were looking out the same window, and saw a silver orb floating out of a cloud, there was 2 flashes of light and it dissapeared, after 30 seconds a small thin contrail appeared indictaing it had zoomed right faster than the eye could see.

A week after that, me and the same friend were gardening in my back garden and witnessed 3 jets following an almost transparent orb at very high alitude, I got my mobile out and caught the orb and a jet.

Later that day, I was viewing the photos again, and noticed the exact same silver orb I witnessed the week before was hovering above a tree in my garden.

I have picks.

There was definatley strange stuff happening round here 2010/11, I'm yet to see anything in 2012 apart from 3 suspious 3 meteors... I say it like that because, well I dunno how to explain it.

I must say, the more I think about that saucer out my back garden, and that orb above my tree, the more worried I've become! Lol

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
ADDED LOCTION: (Addison, Illinois)

I had posted a report on www.ufosnw.com about my sighting. Last night 06-22-2012, my girlfriend and myself were star-gazing at about 10:46pm CST, when from the west of us a bright orange/red light came into our viewing area in the sky, it was pulsating in a reddish/orange color , I observed it through the binnoculars and it had like a orange glow around it, there seem to be a portion where it was transparent. It was traveling south-east and looked triangular with a extreme long cylinder body, luminating a glow with its entire shape pulsating.

Immediately I turned around to see if anyone was around so they can look up and as I turned back it was gone. I asked my girlfriend where did it go, she said it just dissapered.

Last night there was several clouds in the area where it was last seen. And the odd thing was that prior to the sighting, the clouds would move as usual but after the sighting in the area the light dissapered these clouds in the area along with the rest of the night sky seemed not to move for the next 3 to 15 minutes or so, infact seemed that time stood still. It was exciting and my though was that the clouds were stopped on purpose. While completing my report of the sighting to www.ufosnw.com, everything seemed as usual.

Note: My girlfriend never was a believer, but lately she is coming to be a believer. This is not my first sighting and as a regular gazer, I learned to identify the ISS, satellites, stars, planets and this was neither....

edit on 23-6-2012 by 2ndSEED because: Added location

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ohhh, no pictures

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thank you so MUCH for your comments..I am shocked others saw it! I'm glad to know i'm not crazy..which is why I pulled my husband out the door so hard he almost fell
He was just inside the door on our basement landing...I pulled him out so there could be at least two people who witnessed it.

I looked again tonight and there is nothing...
( I don't know what it was, but from some of the comments it MUST have been something..who knows..I hope it comes back----I have my flip on my little shelf right inside the door to the backyard..I even have backup batteries laying with it..I do have a Nikon D700 but unfortunately, I cannot keep it on the shelf too...the flip will have to do..if i get the opportunity to see this thing again!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I live east of St Louis a ways in the country, the sky is very clear sometimes out here. There is some history around here of some fantastic UFO sightings, such as the black triangle that was followed by police a decade or so ago:
wikipedia.org

I saw a small, close to the ground UFO in Virginia in my teenage years and I keep looking at the sky hoping to see another UFO, but so far nothing. When you see this stuff it really nags at you for the rest of your life, whenever I'm outside at night I can't keep my eyes off the sky. I would imagine a few people have seen me stargazing, watching aircraft and probably thought I was crazy.

I didn't see anything though, it's a shame. Closest thing I've seen around here is meteorites bright with pieces trailing off of them, which is a spectacle in itself.

reply to post by liejunkie01
reply to post by Longshots

I live right nearby... small world.

So howdy neighbors.
edit on 24-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

HI! We come up to STL quite often to do grocery shopping at Trader Joes and just to take the kids to the science center and magic house..I LOVE STL..so much to do. I am hoping to see it again...but you are right..it nags at me as to what it was..Aliens? Ours? Secret Project? who knows..I just wish that sucker would have landed in my backyard!
Maybe we need to get landing lights?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I personally believe that Scott AFB has got some pretty interesting things going on.

Speaking of which I am going to go to the airshow this year. They didn't do it last year. You should bring the kids it really is a good time.

I have poste many times on ATS that I believe that I saw the Shiloh ufo that night/morning.

I am sure it was because what kind of blimp would be out at that time. Not to mention the three lights.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

thats not a real picture is it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

loving all the ufo reports recently over in the USofA
keep looking up and im hoping i see something over here in the UK
i have to smoke outside (orders of the misses)

edit on 24-6-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

thats not a real picture is it!

Unfortunately not.

I have done a little research over the years. This is what some said it looked like.

I am pretty far away from Shiloh but I saw it in the distance kind of on the horizon, but not that low, when I was at the lake. I saw the three lights and it was massive. Big enough to see it where I was. I even tried to get on the highway and travel west in the direction it was. Unfortunately I lost track of it and kind of gave up on the persuit.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

looks kind of like the belgian triangle and the mythical TR3B

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Longshots

This is very interesting to me, as you live on 20 minutes away (I'm in Carlinville).

About a month ago, my wife say a metallic object sitting still in the sky, then zipped off to the right at incredible speed. 2 weeks after that, a friend saw a silver disc shaped object very low to the ground on his way to work. He takes the country road as its faster. He said it simply disappeared.

Lots of activity in this area lately.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Wow, I think I may have seen the same light around the exact time on Friday night.

I had just set up new patio furniture in the front yard and while resting in a chair, looking up into the sky, I saw a big bright orangish light steadily flying across the sky. I knew there was something different about this object because it seemed very big and I was able to rule out other commonly identifiable flying objects. I was very startled and decide to grab my fiancé from inside the house so she could see this object too.

I filmed this with my iPhone and tried to have a steady hand shooting through the trees near the end as it was flying out of view.

We also noticed a strange search light type strobing against a cloud that in the same direction. That is not visible in this video or another one I filmed. It is quite difficult to film the night sky with a consumer camera and luckily I was able to capture what I did.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gocujo

You guys sounded like me and my husband! We were so freaked out...we just couldn't believe what we were seeing..I just remember the thoughts going through my head..plane..no..heli...no...firework...noway..flare..no..what is it..what is it..what is it..my husband was more freaked out than I was..he just kept saying he couldn't believe what we were seeing..it was so bright, almost had the intensity of a firework..but it was definitely NOT a firework..unless fireworks can rise up and then travel slower then faster across the sky..then disappear so fast.

We have a life flight unit at Heartland regional hospital and one at the VA med center and both of those heli's we can hear for miles..they travel so low..and they are very loud..this was DEFINITELY not either of those because this made absolutely no sound. It was just there..like an itty bitty silent sun crossing the sky...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

That's weird...I didn't see any shape to this thing..it was just so bright we only saw a sphere/circle of light. Almost like seeing a light bulb in the dark..I wish I could see this during the day..but even with the flip it would be hard to make out. We just don't have camera that would allow us to film something like this.

I had to look up Carlinville on the map..I think you might be further away than that..it takes us about 21/2 hours to get up to jerseyville...and you are past that town. We are all the way down here on the 24/57 split. Mt. Vernon 57/64 split is 45 min. away from my home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join