It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Sandusky: Pedophile. Found Guilty.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I asked my husband this morning what he feels could make a man turn to something like this. What happens inside a persons head that they become sexually attracted to children ? How does someone get that way ? I also asked him if he thought that Jerry had been abused when he himself was a child. So many questions and so many lives that have been brusied by this. I wont say ruined because I believe that people can recover from many many hardships and I do believe that these young men can and will recover from this abuse. I hope that none of them become abusers in the future.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

He's too old and too fat to be anyones bitch. He wont have any love in prison. He might get beat to death. That is probably what awaits him.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

What ? They have sections in prison ? Heres the area for rapists, here we have murders and next to them just your common thugs. And then way off in the distance because we dont like to think about these things, we have the child molesters and rapists.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

You would need backers that could contend for an acadamy award. Unless you got professional actors someone would mess up if there were no actual crimes commited by the person you're trying to prosecuite.
I dont think its possible to lynch mob an innocent person.
Do you think that is what happened here ? Do you think these charges were trumped up ?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
IMO they have only chopped off the tail of the snake. They now need to chop off the head.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Come on man. please tell me how you interpret this quote from his interview:

"I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have — I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways."

That is something Sandusky said in that Bob Costas interview. I know im not the only one very shocked at hearing that particular statement. I don't think Sandusky is guilty based on any of the witnesses. I think he's guilty due to things he's said and done himself.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
1st, we had Priests...now we have Sandusky's image. Is it me or are they trying to make a poster child, of what a pedophile looks like? Kinda like the leaf of a marijuana plant...being the most dangerous "drug" out there. Also, does anyone BELIEVE he was guilty: BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT?????? That, is a KEY POINT.

I, personally, have much reason to DOUBT. Not sure how 1 person, can get do this to so many people, and get away with it, for so long. It just DOESN'T make sense. We're not talking about 1 child, were talking over 50???? Really? That Sandusky fella, was one smooth dude!!!!

Can i also say...that ALOT of testimony seems to be fabricated; almost as if they want us to form opinions, and paint our own little pictures...of what allegedly occurred. Just because he was found "Guilty" doesn't mean it was BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT!

Dangerous times we live in...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Anyone can say anything, and you will have to PROVE YOUR INNOCENCE; which is harder than them having to PROVE you are GUILTY........BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Just playing devils advocate here myself.
What would motivate any young man to one day stand up and say, hey, I had a homosexual experience with this old guy when I was a kid? Its not like these young men are coming out of the closet to the world. They are putting their reputations out there to bring justice to the world. They are talking about experiences that no one would want to admit to but they admit to them.
I dont think they did it on a whim.
I think this was damn hard and they did it because it had to be done. Once one stood up it made it that much easier for others to stand up. The tears on the witness stand was enough to convince me. The shame these young men felt because they all thought it was just them could be quelled once they knew there were others and that there would be power in numbers.
BTW I never thought the state had a case against Casey Anthony but I can tell you that I was one lonley person in that camp.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Love the Rat Pack avy.
Notice all those guys smoking cigarettes and note where they all are today ! Talk about fast and furious.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Based on this trial, it sets a precedence that so long as I can come up with a convincing enough story about someone from my childhood abusing me... and get the jury to believe it - devoid of and actual evidence, I would be able to put someone in prison?

There were witnesses who saw Sandusky raping a kid in the shower, raping a kid on the ground, and blowing a kid in the shower. How does your asinine theory work out now?

I heard about the kid in the shower. ( Mike Mcquery what is wrong with you???) but I didnt hear about the others that were witnessed. Why didnt any of them stop him right then and there ?????

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

oops, the term is running rampant.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by flyswatter

What ? They have sections in prison ?

Well they do actually isolate certain types and rapist is a biggie. Prison has its own weird sense of values and for some reason a murderer is ok but a rapist is not... His crime and notoriety is a death sentence in the normal prison population.

Anyone know what the youngest age victim was?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Dangerous times we live in...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Anyone can say anything, and you will have to PROVE YOUR INNOCENCE; which is harder than them having to PROVE you are GUILTY........BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

How do you suggest there wasn't a "beyond a reasonable Doubt"?

The term connotes that evidence establishes a particular point to a moral certainty and that it is beyond dispute that any reasonable alternative is possible. It does not mean that no doubt exists as to the accused's guilt, but only that no Reasonable Doubt is possible from the evidence presented.

How many witnesses/victims do you think is enough for "beyond a reasonable Doubt"?

edit on 23-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by newcovenant

No problem.

I am not sure if he was or not. He wouldn't be the first gay man that got married to keep up appearances. But I don't think that would have anything to do with him being a pedophile. One could say he picked kids to keep it more of a secret, but that doesn't explain the attraction.

Gay men or women without mental issues are not attracted to children. Just as straight men and women without mental issues aren't.

It takes a real sicko to look at any child in that way and yet tons of folks do it every day.

We should have a thread that talks about this. How does this occur ? What makes a person all of a sudden get sexually attracted to children ? Were all abusers at one time victims ? Is that the only road that goes to this destination ?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I think the youngest was 10. He apparently wanted them old enough to ejaculate but not old enough to have pubic hair. Sicko.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
He should also be found guilty of the early death of Joe Pa.

Joe Pa died because he lost his job, when your that old you only need so much to put you over the edge.

Sandusky pervert did it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
He should also be found guilty of the early death of Joe Pa.

Joe Pa died because he lost his job, when your that old you only need so much to put you over the edge.

Sandusky pervert did it.

I think Jo Pa's own guilt and stress might have done it.

Hardly think its fair blaming Sanduski for that.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

The stories were all different stories. It isn't like any of the stories had to coincide. That is the beauty of this scenario. It isn't a trial for one situation such as a murder or a robbery, it is a trial for an alleged number of completely unrelated incidents being grouped as one trial. There was no pressure to "mess up" because there was nothing to mess up.

I'm not saying the stories WERE trumped up, but I am saying that the possibility exists that they were. I have just as much proof that they were as someone does that they weren't. Therefore a man should not be put away for life based on STORIES alone.

reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

No, you think he is guilty because of strange things he has said and YOUR ASSUMPTIONS.

That quote you stated is completely irrelevant and out of context and doesn't prove anything. In fact, the first sentence flat out denies the guilt that you claim him to be guilty of. How does it make any sense?

That quote doesn't say anything to me at all. It is him saying he didn't seek out children for sexual needs. It also states that there are many children who he didn't spend much time with who he believes he has helped.

Once again... pedophile? Molester? Failing to see the admission or proof in any such statement.

reply to post by karen61057

Baw. Because tears can't be fakes. And the said "tears on the witness stand"? Living in PA I can tell you there was no media allowed in the courtroom, so whatever tears you saw that convinced you, unless you were actually there as part of the public, you heard about it. You didn't "see" anything. So stories of people crying in a courtroom convinced you that a man was guilty. You'd make a good juror.

And I am sick of this BS about molestation victims going out on a limb and sacrificing so much to come forward? Seriously? When did all this malarkey start? You are coming forward about a crime, a crime that thousands of people have come forward before about. If you are a victim of such an act, what possible reasoning is there to feel "bad" about coming forward about a crime committed against you? Acting like they are some kind of martyr's that lose their standing in society because they are deemed "molested".

Call it logic before emotion.

A close family member was a "victim" of molestation at a young age and guess what, it wasn't hard to come forward and admit what happened, and it didn't take him two decades to do it. If you were robbed are you going to wait for a couple of years to report it to the police?

Hard to stand up? Please. Crime is crime. You file a report with the police and it is investigated. If the police don't do anything about it, you take it higher in the chain to the DA. If the DA doesn't do anything about it, you take it to Congressmen and various other sources - you don't just hide in you basements for 20 years and hope someone else does something about it. By doing that, to me, you've given the go ahead that you don't care enough to fight forward, and it should be dropped. Obviously something recently made them care enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
All I have to say is, that I hope they put him in general population. Do you like broomsticks?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Yeah Sandusky did that. It had nothing to do with the cancer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join