It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Sandusky: Pedophile. Found Guilty.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What really kills me about this story is that my husband actually went to Sandusky's football camp two years in a row during high school!

He was, uh, too old for Sandusky's tastes, I guess.

I hope this verdict sends a big message to all the child abusers out there.

We're going to hunt you down.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am glad he was found guilty and it makes my stomach turn to think of the lives he has ruined.

Jail should be just the place for him. Sad thing is, he can't live through all of the sentences if they give him the max.

ETA a link as well since it was missing in OP... www.chicagotribune.com...
edit on 6/22/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Penn State could have shut down that guy in 1998 but they covered it up & covered it up & more kids were abused...its a cult out there in Happy Valley & they still don't get it!

Peace

link   
edit on 22-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

link   
I am glad your husband was not personally affected by Sandusky.

I can't say I am surprised by the outcome....I mean, he was pretty obviously guilty. And on top of all that, his adopted Son apparently spoke up recently saying that he was molested by Sandusky as well....

There was something about, his adopted sons statement, can't be used as evidence by the jury of THIS trial. I guess because of timing? I wonder if perhaps his son will take him to court for the things that he did to him....

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 22-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here's a link to one of the first stories about the verdict.
I not surprised a verdict was reached this quickly...

Jerry Sandusky jury reaches verdict; courtroom closed until all 48 counts are read

A jury has informed Judge John Cleland it has reached a verdict on the 48 counts of child sex abuse against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

Judge Cleland earlier issued a ruling banning those in the Centre County, Pa., courtroom from communicating the verdict to anyone outside the courtroom until all 48 counts are read and court is adjourned.

link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Sorry about that. Hit the wrong forum.

link   
The guy should be slowly tortured until he dies after many years of unthinkable pain.At least he was found guilty, and I guess that will do for now.I hope that hell is a real place just for this guy.

edit on 22-6-2012 by KaiserSouszay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I predict that he will be the bell of the ball in state prison
I hope that he gets Sanduskied at least once a day while in prison

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
One man took the fall, and the syndicate stands.

There is without a doubt a very serious case of organized sexual abuse in that festering pit that Sandusky crawled out of..

.. but they got their fall guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

There is without a doubt a very serious case of organized sexual abuse in that festering pit that Sandusky crawled out of..

Somebody gets it - Thank you!

link   
reply to post by KaiserSouszay

They don't take kindly to child molesters in prisons. He might have enjoyed himself with the boys he molested in the showers, but he's going to be a target in the prison showers. This is a good example of Karma at work.

link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You're absolutely right about that.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

They don't take kindly to child molesters in prisons. He might have enjoyed himself with the boys he molested in the showers, but he's going to be a target in the prison showers. This is a good example of Karma at work.

There's no way they stick him in gen pop. He wont be showering with anyone else, and its unlikely that he'll be getting rec time with anyone other than the rest of the cho-mos in prison. He'll be segregated.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

I couldn't agree more, and was sadly surprised at the verdict. I figured he might just get away with it completely given all the background and his ummm...upstanding reputation in town. I am so glad I was wrong on that count.

I have long thought there should be a line of folks right up there with Sandusky. Too many had knowledge, too many turned their backs, too many more just went with it...In my book they are just as guilty of the exact same charges as Sandusky and deserve the same sentences. "Doing The Deed" is horrendous in itself, someone knowing about that and "letting it go" might as well be "Doing The Deed" themselves IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by WeRpeons

There's no way they stick him in gen pop. He wont be showering with anyone else, and its unlikely that he'll be getting rec time with anyone other than the rest of the cho-mos in prison. He'll be segregated.

Yep. Ad-Seg will be his life. Even cold hearted murderers tend to hate child molesters.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Initially, yes...but eventually...he will be relased to the gen. pop. I have a friend who is a guard there ...who stated he won't be there permamently - am thinking I may take him some wieners from the local diner for lunch

Was there a cover up> ABSOLUTELY! Was he the one who committed the acts? ABSOLUTELY. I even said to my spouse at the beginning- his adopted children hold the key...and tadaaa...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

To me that is the bigger issue and i shudder to think how widespread this really is.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So...

I'm always considered an odd man out in these situations but allow me to play devils advocate.

Once again, Sandusky was a media darling from the beginning, determined guilty before the trial was even held. Seems all too common.

But allow me to indulge people's logic for a moment...

Based on this trial, it sets a precedence that so long as I can come up with a convincing enough story about someone from my childhood abusing me... and get the jury to believe it - devoid of and actual evidence, I would be able to put someone in prison?

Now imagine if myself and a group of people held a grudge against a particular person. Say we trumped up a bunch of stories, came out with them all at the same time, and then convince the jury with those stories to put the person away for life. Certainly a feasible thing to do.

Even more ridiculous - let's ALL claim that we never came out about it before because we were ALL scared. Every single one of us, and any supposed evidence that we did come forward in the past is conveniently missing or dead. Hmmm.

So... decade plus old stories manage to put a guy away for life in prison and the public to label him as a sex offender, a pedophile, a child molester, ect. The guy, being creepy and weird to begin with, was setup for failure from the very beginning.

I am a man of justice. Evidence. Timely charges. There is a difference if any of these charges would have come forward before, and if they were apparently dismissed, continued to do so. The emotion behind these events skews the logic of all, and the timing raising questions that no one wants to answer or justify. They would much rather just feel pity towards the alleged "victims" then to question the inconsistencies.

I don't know if Sandusky is innocent, but our courts are SUPPOSED to prove guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" and for me, and any logical thinking person - there still should be "reasonable doubt".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join