It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don't Be Alarmed": Army Trains MPs To Drive Tanks On U.S. Streets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Just another alarmist fearmongering thread. Nothing to see here.

typical response from the sheeple

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Bad idea! Police should act as police and the military as the military.

Military police sounds like nazi germany all over again and this is coming from someone who has a little sympathy for facism.

My fear is it will be used against all the liberals, progressives and communists, if and when "the right" wants to force itself on reformed americans. When republicans can't win another election either by cheating or by straight-forward means, start fearing the jack boots.

The right works for the security council of the UN!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

From what I read tonight..they either have us on a black or red list! Is this RFID issue really going to go down?? There will be War in our own country!

Just curious, what did you read and where?

I also read the article on blacklistednews but I didn't see a reference to "a black or red list". Which one is the good one, or are they bad & worse than bad?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
funny

OMG!!!"Tanks in the street"

"Get your thermite ready and here's how"

"Sheeple, we expect that response from them"

Wow, ATS still full of CLICHE's

in WWII our boys ran over a bunch of buildings "Over There"

jeezo guys get a grip...If USA was going to invade USA they would have done it when we all still had bank account balances.

Use your heads for something more than a hat rack, would ya!!!
edit on 24-6-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
I gave examples earlier on in this thread demonstrating from personal experience that not only has the information coming from PrisonPlanet been inaccurate, but it's on a cycle. Fear is sold to you, you get worked up, and eventually nothing ever happens and Jones is that much wealthier thanks to you buying into it.

I'll turn it around. Wake the heck up, people. Nothing is happening. Do you have tanks/APCs rolling down your streets? No you do not.

Why be concerned when they train here? I don't get the fear. Do you consider yourself an enemy of the Government?

Or when they train to respond to natural disasters (but Jones spins it into future martial law), want to see people suffer in times of emergency? What exactly do you want our military to do, sit on their thumbs with your tax payer funding?

I listened to Alex a few times and wondered if there was really something to his fervor. I began to see a pattern of connecting and combining every conspiracy theory there was, and realized that this guy is nothing more than a skip in the record, a distortion in the reality and the human psyche, obfuscating the real threats we face internally.

If people are actually concerned about the loss of liberty, it has nothing to do with what PP is pedaling. People just need to come to grips with the fact that ignorance is number one and conspiracy theorists like Jones are part of that problem.

People would be better off reading the constitution and understanding the function of our three branches of government. Our problems and solutions are about social values and historical contexts, not the mystique of doom-Sayers.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
They should all be good as long as they don't high-center themselves on concrete lane dividers.

Skip to 1:55...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

It been a few days now.

Anyone know if there are any pictures or videos from St. Louis? (Besides the initial news reports)
edit on 24-6-2012 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

Well said, I've listened to/watched Alex Jones only minimally for a short time, and have up until now done so with a non-bias objective view remaining neutral in my opinion of him. I've never commented on him or his production until now.

In 2008 he was speculating and creating fear regarding military training missions that I was involved in. Being able to compare what I knew to be reality and fact back then to what he was saying and writing at the time about us, I no longer consider him a potential reliable source of anything. I believe it has been a financially profitable business and nothing more. His own anger motivates him and in turn his words probably cause others who listen devoutly to feel more anger than anything else, as a result.

I'd go so far as to say listening to him can be bad for your health, and will most certainly skew your perception of reality. I hope that the majority of the community here can see that as well.

Sometimes, the reality of things is much less interesting than you hope it to be.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And this is a typical response from the paranoid. Your point?

Originally posted by moonweed

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Just another alarmist fearmongering thread. Nothing to see here.

typical response from the sheeple

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by g2v12

Well said, I've listened to/watched Alex Jones only minimally for a short time, and have up until now done so with a non-bias objective view remaining neutral in my opinion of him. I've never commented on him or his production until now.

In 2008 he was speculating and creating fear regarding military training missions that I was involved in. Being able to compare what I knew to be reality and fact back then to what he was saying and writing at the time about us, I no longer consider him a potential reliable source of anything. I believe it has been a financially profitable business and nothing more. His own anger motivates him and in turn his words probably cause others who listen devoutly to feel more anger than anything else, as a result.

I'd go so far as to say listening to him can be bad for your health, and will most certainly skew your perception of reality. I hope that the majority of the community here can see that as well.

Sometimes, the reality of things is much less interesting than you hope it to be.

You've mirrored about every sentiment I have on this topic. There are some really corrupt things being perpetrated buy powerful people and governments in the world. Allot of what is happening is already in the public arena if one takes the time to be examine research by intellectual sources like Dr. Noam Chomsky PhD, and a few others.

You might read - Understanding Power, by Chomsky, which clearly illustrates the institutions that are always at odds with our freedoms and human rights, even in the US. It also deals with factual historical contexts regarding how the US operates and works with terrorist states and extremist groups for various power and economic agendas.

I am always surprised by how many people (especially in the free world) are prone to following the mystique of shamans while the truth is hiding in plain sight.

Perhaps it is not corruption, but denial that causes great civilizations to collapse.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wanted to add.....

(FOX2News-St.Louis)-...........FOX 2 has made several calls to army offices in St. Louis and Washington, D.C. to get more information about the training, and why it is being held here.

Phone calls have not been returned. However, people who live and work in the area think the army training is a good idea.

fox2now.com...

Theres a video at that link,from the local news(cant embed here).

And a good idea huh?
I wonder if the frog in the pot has taken notice yet?
edit on 25-6-2012 by Black_Fox because: Edit

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The reserve base where the training will most likely originate is huge. Massive facility. It has tons of roads they could train on rather than city streets. So how big is it?

Oh, snap. This should give a better understanding of why they will be on city streets.

Unlike your local DMV where a driver's test can be taken at any time in a day, the military does it differently. All drivers get trained at once starting with classroom instruction usually lasting a couple days, then hands on PMCS (preventative maintenance checks and services) training on the vehicles they will be licensed, this will take a day or so and finally the driving tests themselves. All told, it takes about a week. If it is NOT driver's training, it's going to be convoy operations which usually follows driver's training. Any sort of training beyond this would not be conducted off post, such as reacting to contact or other convoy live fire exercises.

In the news report where these guys think it's a good idea don't know what they're on about. Yes, people that see it will think it's cool. The majority of Americans do love to see the military equipment in motion, you don't see it often.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

This is a bit dated but I suggest you read

www.wvculture.org...

and about the 'bonus army' which illustrate the use of the military against civilians.

IMO it could (WILL) happen again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join