It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Don't Be Alarmed": Army Trains MPs To Drive Tanks On U.S. Streets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

"Don't Be Alarmed": Army Trains MPs To Drive Tanks On U.S. Streets

www.prisonplanet.com

The exercise is part of a U.S. Army program run by military police from Fort Meade, Maryland focused around training MPs from St. Louis how to drive heavily armored tanks “on highways and on city streets.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Theres a video (cant embed) on the page from the St.Louis News.
Not sure what to think.
Interesting place to train,and more intersting as to why they need training of that sort.

Theres also this report.
Urban Warfare: Troops on the Streets of Hartford, Connecticut(Video at link)
www.prisonplanet.com...

I've read through comments on multiple sites,and people seem on edge and concered.

Well its suppose to continue through these dates
The exercise will run from June 21-28 in St. Louis, with the presence of the tanks being most noticeable in the area of the sixth district.

It could be nothing,it could be something.
Thought ya'll would wanna check this out.
Cheers~!~

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2012 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is interesting to say the least...I wonder if it has anything to do with the DHS vehicles driving thru Albany yesterday? That made me uneasy also...of course do I think of taking a picture? No!

I don't like all this...what country are we invading that has streets like us?? The alternative is it's us, right? Has this happened before?

Alot of questions....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is how they slowly desensitize the civilian population to accept large military vehicles driving down the street. In a few years we will become conditioned, and finally they will arrive at our house to take us to our assigned FEMA camp sites.

War is Peace.
edit on 22-6-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh, goody. When TSHTF, we'll get to capture tanks, too. First APCs, now tanks. What other toys are we going to have at our disposal?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nobody will do a damn thing.
This is the "frog in the boiling water" scenario

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Probably these as well:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Howd that work out for em?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Howd that work out for em?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Good!!!! If anyone even thinks about invading this country the last obstacle in our way should be our troops not knowing how top operate tanks on its won territory. How freaking dumb would that be?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Typical Prisonplant BS. I've tired to find more sources then that CT video to back this claim up or just to clarify what was going on.
and suprise suprise nothing just more PP BS.

annoys me so much.
Does it not make sense that this is training for more urban warfare on civilians of nations in the middle east.
Just typical fear mongering

ETA: stop with the FEMA camps BS they have been debunked many a time
bet that one was from PP too..
edit on 22-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Well it makes sense, the entire interstate system was built for the millitary. So they're just training them to use the system already in place.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing

Well it makes sense, the entire interstate system was built for the millitary. So they're just training them to use the system already in place.

awww you beat me to it.

As one of the components of the National Highway System, Interstate Highways improve the mobility of military troops to and from airports, seaports, rail terminals, and other military bases. Interstate Highways also connect to other roads that are a part of the Strategic Highway Network, a system of roads identified as critical to the U.S. Department of Defense.
nitial federal planning for a nationwide highway system began in 1921 when the Bureau of Public Roads asked the Army to provide a list of roads it considered necessary for national defense. This resulted in the Pershing Map.

wiki

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Those are M1117s
www.inetres.com...
If hostilities arise and they use thees to attack innocent civilians place your Thermite in the left side of the turret.That will detonate the 40mm grenade feed.
edit on 22-6-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Surely to God our own military is not going to turn on its own people!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

From what I read tonight..they either have us on a black or red list! Is this RFID issue really going to go down?? There will be War in our own country!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Those are M1117s
www.inetres.com...
If hostilities arise and they use thees to attack innocent civilians place your Thermite in the left side of the turret.That will detonate the 40mm grenade feed.
edit on 22-6-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

Yea, I got my thermite, right here in my back pocket.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
This is interesting to say the least...I wonder if it has anything to do with the DHS vehicles driving thru Albany yesterday? That made me uneasy also...of course do I think of taking a picture? No!

I don't like all this...what country are we invading that has streets like us?? The alternative is it's us, right? Has this happened before?

Alot of questions....
Oooh, when are we invading Canada? After all we kind of have a sketchy history with the oil rich nations and they are our leading supplier...I'm just kidding of course.

Honestly I'm so used to strange (to my untrained eye) military aircraft flying by all the time. I really do not think I'd bat an eyelash at a tank rolling down the street. Consider this frog pre boiled.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Some time back while driving down a highway in a convoy of Humvees we got all sorts of positive response from passing vehicles - We were restricted to 55 in the slow lane as per regulations.

Salutes, honks, women hanging out of their sunroofs, quite the uplifting experience to tell you the truth - It can remind you that many people still appreciate our armed forces. (Thank the MSM I guess?)

Then there was this one lady as a passenger of a car in the next lane over. While passing us along with everyone else, she gave us a serious "WTF is going on?" look. My first thought? She must be a member of ATS.

On topic... I'm not so sure most of the roads would be able to handle the abuse that a tank puts out. One pivot turn on a less than stellar road and it would be finished, utterly torn up. I wouldn't agree with that unless they'd be willing to repave all the damaged roads afterwards!

Now that I've looked at the OP's link, I found this link within that one from 2008: [color=108044]Northcom officials were forced to subsequently issue a denial (regarding troops engaging in civilian law enforcement duties). I'm linking this because I was in that unit on that mission. Northcom didn't know what to do with us after deployment during this dwell time so we trained for, of all things, responding to natural disasters. Hurricanes specifically within my unit. I thought this was great, a lot better than spending time in Iraq. Tax payer money much better spent, right?

Nothing ever happened.

Here we are, the Army will train stateside, again, and Alex Jones will complain, again.
I had no idea that these sensationalistic scare tactics were on a cycle like this. Fact I had no knowledge of PrisonPlanet nor ATS back in 2008.

As an aside to the OP, I've no criticism against you for posting this, none at all. I hope my insight regarding this puts things into perspective, however.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join