It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Lana Del Rey's "Born To Die" hypnosis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is in the grey area because it's personal perception and feeling, not necessairly experience. Regardless I have no other resources than the actual video itself, so in this forum it goes.
I'm asking for opinions thoughts on the video. I find it extremeley hypnotic and in a way it's hard to not avoid. I'm obvoiusly a hater of main stream music by all means, but I have found exception in this songs capability to catch hold of you. There is a lot of good symbolism. It seems to really be a song about her handler, that weird dude with the tats and that hair. It's just evil. I'm really looking for opinions.
I feel like vevo has stepped it up with this one, there is something ritualistic about the noises in the video. Kind of like an instinctual trigger through the beats. It's certainly worth looking at. I want to know what you have to say, thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I thought it sounded pretty nice. Although I was doing other things every time I listen to the song so I never pay attention to the lyrics.

It's a pretty chill song, much like Drake's The Resistance and Lil Wayne's I'm Single, although I don't really like either of those artists but the beat sounds so sleepy and hypnotic.

Music is a beautiful art. You can make it liven a person up, or make em go to sleep
It's far from hypnosis lol, just a song with a nice sleepy rythmic beat behind it.

Drake's Resistance

Another Hypnotic type of Song...called a Symphony!

edit on 22-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Is this video hypnosis?
On one hand it might not be. On the other hand it very well could be, and anyone who watches it becomes brainwashed.....
hmmm, should I watch it or not?
Because really, if it's hypnosis or not, everyone who watches it will say it's not hypnosis....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I didn't see much symbolism, I think the beat is hypnotic, and Lana Del Ray's voice is almost monotone. I could see how it draws you in. It gives me a very peaceful feeling, I liked it quite a bit.

Lady Gaga's Paparazzi, and Bad Romance, was loaded down with symbolism. Paparazzi has the Mickey Mouse programing, sexuality, murder, revenge, but very catchy.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Is this video hypnosis?
On one hand it might not be. On the other hand it very well could be, and anyone who watches it becomes brainwashed.....
hmmm, should I watch it or not?
Because really, if it's hypnosis or not, everyone who watches it will say it's not hypnosis....

Mind Blown....

An excellent point whether done in jest or not.
It gives one pause to think.

new topics

top topics

join