It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking* Reports of Major Israeli Air Assault on Gaza

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

Not only that but when are we going to crack down on the already existing nuclear weapons Israel has?

Kind of hard since the Jews actually invented the bomb...lol

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

You're a total racist.

Gaza terrorists have been raining missiles on Israels south for the past 3 days, HUNDREDS of missiles, injuring a few and damaging infrastructure.

Israel has not asked for Hamas to start launching missiles. They DO SO BECAUSE they know ignorant hate-filled westerners will ignore the provocation and demonize Israel for their response.

Another thing to think about...where does Hamas get all their missiles from...it is not like they can buy them.
If the Arab nations around Israel actually sent food and aid and worked to make Gaza a place to live in peace there would not be any issues over there.

Gaza is a propaganda pawn for the Arab states, they care little and would love to see Israel escalate the violence so they could "help"....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Kharron

Not only that but when are we going to crack down on the already existing nuclear weapons Israel has?

Kind of hard since the Jews actually invented the bomb...lol

Well, as humor I would star you for that.

But if it is not, then I really have nothing to say.

Khar

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well the idiots keep firing rockets into Israel. Trouble makers of some sort. I doubt anything at all will happen in Gaza until the West Bank land purchase and citizenship deal.

Who wants to war anyways.

Images of the Middle East during the on-going conflict...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Holy cow it's Christmas already?
merry Christmas everybody! Peace in earth!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Double double

edit on 23-6-2012 by dl2oneThe2nd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Azadok2day

And you learned all about Islam from your local Presbyterian minister who told you exactly how you should feel about them.

I read about them from the Quran, care to hear some of it? I got plenty that i learned. Sharia Laws are interesting too, theyre tailored to allow a muslim to take advantage and screw a nonmuslim and get away with it and the worst part is, in a muslim country non muslims have to obey sharia or pay the price, how you like having something you don't believe in forced on you?. Criminal organization is what Islam is
. Pay the jizzya poll tax for protection and if you don't got it? Either they destroy your stuff, or beat you or worst case scenario kill you, theyre just like Mafiosi.
edit on 23-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Another thing to think about...where does Hamas get all their missiles from...it is not like they can buy them.

Where does Hamas get their missiles from? not so long ago, Fatah controlled the Gaza strip. In order to "battle" the deviant Hamas, America gave Fatah some 400 million dollars worth of weapons: m15's, RPGs etc. When Hamas kicked Fatah out of the strip in 2006 after being 'democratically elected', that entire arsenal which was given to Fatah to fight Hamas became Hamas' property.

That's just one of their sources for weapons. Another is illegal shipments from tunnels coming from Egypt.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

And also perfected some pretty awesome delivery systems for such a small area of land that they have to deal with. Thankfully they are armed to the teeth with strategic and tactical nuclear weapons that will deter large super-powers like Russia and China from meddling with their affairs like a similar repeat of the 1967 6 Day war or (the fastest ass kicking in the history of the middle east). I often wonder the age of some of the members on this forum after reading their posts with such blatant disregard of a countries right to defend itself from human garbage that seek to cause nothing but instability, harm and division among nations. People would be AMAZED by the amount of members on this forum that use the EXACT same username and political style of writing over on the disgusting stormfront forums.

I have to laugh when ignorant people compare the rocket variants from a Soviet BM-21 Grad platform to toys, it shows just how much lack of an understanding of the situation they truly have. It also shows how sadistic the swine terrorists launching these things into civilian populations are as without the proper tube for initial guidance and mathematical targeting, they are nothing more than indiscriminate missiles carrying high explosives and shrapnel in their warhead. The assholes firing them could care less if they hit a residential area or a hospital while yelling "allah snackbar" to some throwback in time; nothing but cowardly swine. At least Israel uses guided munitions when trying to root out these vile terrorist pigs that hide amongst an innocent civilian population.

It's a hell of a challenge to bring peace to an area where a percentage of one side is driven by an archaic and asinine ideology that seeks to brainwash it's most youngest parts of a generation. Dealing with that aspect of the situation is going to be the biggest hurdle.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So what will happen in Gaza? Is politics really important in Gaza or does money talk?

Lets take a quick look at the place...

google map of gaza

It has bit of land under cultivation but it really has no future without economic development. They will keep having babies and its a small place. 40 km of undeveloped coastline.

So lets look up the coast a bit and see what they have done...

So 10 km up the coast...
google maps

Yes it helps if you have a bit of money to work with. Well I suppose if they didn't want to become a little empire all to themselves they could become part of Israel. If Israel would adopt them as citizens.

1.7 million people and 2.6 million in the West Bank.
If they give them 10,000 each for the land, and some cash settlement as a bonus if they become a citizen, say another 10,000, 5,000 after the land is sold and the people have a chance to buy their homes back for the first 10 thousand, then 5 years later they get another 5,000.

4.3 million people times 20,000 total cost = 86,000,000,000 86 billion.

I don't think it works as well if you include Gaza because it has a high population per sq mi.

I would do the land purchase for the West Bank, and not Gaza. If necessary I would build a wall of Jericho again.

They will have high rise towers there themselves as soon as the deal for the West Bank is done and they get ownership of Gaza. People will invest from other places to build resorts.

Another thing is the citizenship, and if you make that many people a citizen right away with the West Bank, it will upset the political demographic. You could say maybe some day, or make it an autonomous state, but they will never agree to rule by Israel. Look at the map again, make it a part of Egypt.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by g146541
I DO!!
In fact, my favorite reply is Remember the U.S.S LIBERTY.
There are many many other terrorist attacks planned and executed by this terrorist regime but this one shining example cannot be argued away.
The Palestinians live out a USS Liberty incident every day just like the murders mentioned in this topics OP.

Is America a terrorest state?

Considering we have a lot of dual citizen types in power, yeah I'd have to say so.
And most probably why the US has been on the downhill slide since the end of the second world war.
It is truly sad, but I hold onto hope for this nation.
This still does not change the fact that the terrorist state of israel murdered what were supposed to be her allies.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

there was a time when Egypt imposed itself on the Gaza strip as part of an Arab empire after the second world war.

Egyptian administration (1959-1967)

In 1959, the Gaza Strip under the All-Palestine Government was officially merged into the short living United Arab Republic, effectively all independence signs of Gaza were abolished and Egyptian administration was officially imposed. In this move Nasser de facto canceled any official Palestinian self rule. In 1962 the Egyptian government established a Palestinian Legislative Council elected by the population.

When the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) was founded in 1964, Nasser proclaimed that it would hold authority over Gaza, but that authority was never conferred in practice.[6]. A year later, conscription was instituted for the Palestinian Liberation Army.[6]
en.wikipedia.org...

But they would still need patronage from some larger country. Maybe Turkey would want to take them on as a part of Turkey. Or else they will just struggle along on their own but that doesn't bring peace to the region.
Egypt should maybe rule them and other countries help support them economically for a while and look for investment. Once the disputes are settled the land would be very valuable.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Lol, you're so blind, and yet think you are so knowledgeable and think you know "whats really going on". You call them zionists, yet they sit there and get shelled with rockets in residential areas, would you not too fire back? Get off your "zionist" calling throne. If your town was getting shelled, i bet you would be too # pant'd to even react, I personally find it heroic that the Israeli's won't sit by idley while they are shelled.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
So what will happen in Gaza? Is politics really important in Gaza or does money talk?

You could say maybe some day, or make it an autonomous state, but they will never agree to rule by Israel. Look at the map again, make it a part of Egypt.

This just in...

A ceasefire between Gaza Strip factions and Israel will go into effect Saturday night following Egyptian mediation efforts, senior Hamas man Ayman Taha initially said in an interview with a Palestinian television station Saturday evening. Later he said that the lull has no set date and will be implemented gradually.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

why is it so unreasonable for them to have and keep what they fought for and have been living in for 3000 years too.

I do not know anyone who is 3000 years old, but that is besides the point. We are all born into this world to make the most with what we have. Aboriginal culture here in Australia goes back 200 000 years, but white man came, killed those that tried to make a stand and then fenced the rest of them of from their cultural roots, heritage and way of life. Now white man gets upset because they drink and burn down houses and do not know why. White man did not ask, white man did not try to understand, white man carry gun and this is why white man is right even when white man is wrong. We have had one prime minister say sorry because it is sad what happened, while many where running around worrying about 'how much is this going to cost?', without even acknowledging or caring about the horrors that have happened. It is still sad to see white man culture is still blind in many parts.

What is unreasonable is war. there is no attempt to co exist, to try and understand where the other cultures are at. There is no acknowledgement of the common problems and attempt of mutual security and instead of what was once another person born just down the road is now an enemy. The cultures have become isolated and ethnic cleansing takes place, but what are we really attacking is life, our potential and god because we are to lazy and self centred to realise any better. The culture of lies and degradation of morality to keep this conflict up kills not only the enemy, but the best in us. We may be the last race standing as we continue to bath in hate and live in fear, but I would rather have death than a part of this sick, sad and painful world.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

While you are arguing Ahud, I am building a trade route.

www.ynetnews.com...

I just know that Benjamin can see the logic in settling that land dispute with the West Bank. If you irrigate it you will have such a market for your crops you would not believe in just a few short years.

Let Egypt look after Gaza and we will give them aid. They don't need much because I am sure they want to be a part of the trade route. They will find economic opportunities. So you give up 40 km of water front? So what? You gain the West Bank.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

How would you manage the West Bank land purchase politically? Why politically? Take it to the people who live there. As individuals. Do they want the money or not and do they want to end all this trouble and get some irrigation? Well then?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

So then will the people of Gaza be unhappy and want to take out that anger on Israel? Well in every neighborhood and in every city and town there are people who have money and some who have none.

Gaza is still a very strategic location. You know in 20 years all along that coastline will be towers like everywhere else.
Trade routes bring prosperity.
They will make money and have some sort of province or state of Egypt. It's too small to do anything with.
It's not Monaco.

But you know if the problems were settled, there is no reason why the people could not make a living in business and commerce, trade, and who knows, imagine the jobs in the region related to shipping.

So then you know Egypt has a very strong military, they can police the border, police the people.
Everyone will benefit from security and stability and economic opportunity.

You know I used to say to the people in Arabia look, you only need to irrigate and you could farm!

They don't want to go out side, in the desert and farm, when they can be inside in an air conditioned tower swimming in the basement and playing tennis.
They don't even really want to cut the lawn, and you know what? They don't really like trees.
I don't think they do.

edit on 23-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by BobM88
What I don't get, and never have...why are no Arab states helping the Palestineans?

Because they care nothing about them - but they like them attacking Israel

The other Arab states know if they attack israel then they would have to deal with America. If we grew some balls and told israel they were on their own israel would be gone in less than a week.

The Arab league tried that twice already and Israel handed their asses to them... Without American help.. You may want to retract that statement..

Iran itself can put more men in the field than the total population of israel combined. And if israel is as bad as you think then why are they begging America to go fight Iran for them?

Without American help? Where do you think they got most of their weapons from?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You think America will stop giving you money if the problem goes away?

I doubt that.

They are your patron country. You will be America's eyes and ears for deals coming through the trade route.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join