It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mikemck1976‘s MUFON Report of the Day 6/21/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Welcome to Mikemck1976‘s MUFON Report of the Day. This is a daily thread, where I bring
to you, my fellow A.T.S. Members, a recent case from the files of MUFON that I find to be the most interesting, strange, funny, or just unbelievable from around the world.
The reports and photos that are posted here have not been altered by me in any way, except for the spelling that I find wrong in the reports, and they are reported to you as they were reported to MUFON.com.
Feel free to comment, speculate and even copy the provided photo’s for your own analysis. We have some great minds here on A.T.S. and it will be interesting to see what conclusions we can come to if we all work together as a collective.

Enjoy

Todays case comes to us out of Prattville, Alabama. A daytime sighting, right at sunset, yesterday.....

mufoncms.com

Case Number: 39696
Date Submitted: 2012-06-21
Date of Event: 2012-06-21
City: Prattville
State/Country: Alabama, U.S.A.

Description

We have noticed this object flying by over our house about the same time each time we have seen it. Its very bright as if the sunset is reflecting off of it however if it was a plane you should be able to see the wings. Well tonight we saw it again. One went over our house, same flight path as others we have seen, no sound, no visible wings, appears to have red on the surface. One flew over then we looked up and saw another one heading our way. Same flight path as the first. I ran got my camera and took a pic. The object focused very well in camera but blurred before I could get a snapshot. It was sliver, no wings, no obvious windows or tail, or trail. It had two grooved areas around the middle like the belly was grooved or dipped inward. This is where the red color was from. As it passed over our roof we ran to the front yard to try to catch it and get another pic but it disappeared. Very clear blue sky at about close to sunset is when we saw it and have seen them each time.

Full size photo in link.
UFO6212012.jpg

UFO6212012cropped.jpg

I'll leave you to it Ladies and Gentlemen.
Have fun!

edit on 22-6-2012 by mikemck1976 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Looks like an airplane with the sunset reflecting off it...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
That one is tough to be sure of anything. i know nothing about cams but it looks like a plane and maybe something to with the shutter speed on the cam.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Thank you for starting this thread. It will be interesting to see what happens as the year progresses!

I can't really see the object well enough to comment as to what it appears to me. If a UFO, then I would say it is a cigar shaped. But............. who knows?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
That one is tough to be sure of anything. i know nothing about cams but it looks like a plane and maybe something to with the shutter speed on the cam.

Camera Brand: Canon
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
Exposure Time: 1/60 sec.
Aperture Value: 4.97 EV (f/5.6)
ISO Speed Rating: 200
Flash Fired: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
Looks like an airplane with the sunset reflecting off it...

I have no idea how you saw an airplane in that image.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Shino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Thank you for starting this thread. It will be interesting to see what happens as the year progresses!

I can't really see the object well enough to comment as to what it appears to me. If a UFO, then I would say it is a cigar shaped. But............. who knows?

No offense meant at all, but if its a UFO? It is a UFO until it is identified clearly.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Airplane fuselage lit by the setting (or rising) sun +
Angle of view that makes the wings hardly visibles +
Camera that unfocused on it =
The photo in the OP.

Similar examples of planes with wings hardly visibles:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
go to Michigan city beach in Indiana and sit on beach and watch them all day, nothing but planes
I was just there this week end seen them all day.holding pattern for Ohare airport in the afternoon sun 3 or 4 pm seen then did not take pix because I could see then as planes when they turned

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

edit on 22-6-2012 by deadcatsrule because: double post

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hello...I'm in southwestern Ontario (Canada), and also a "sky watcher". Lately I have noticed a couple of times, that something was flying across the sky.....appearing to have no wings (silver-ish colour). They also seem to just disappear (in a clear blue sky with no clouds nearby).
Sorry I haven't got any pics yet but will try to get one......TRY, lol.
Anyway....this is interesting and I look forward to hearing from others.
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hello...I'm in southwestern Ontario (Canada), and also a "sky watcher". Lately I have noticed a couple of times, that something was flying across the sky.....appearing to have no wings (silver-ish colour). They also seem to just disappear (in a clear blue sky with no clouds nearby).
Sorry I haven't got any pics yet but will try to get one......TRY, lol.
Anyway....this is interesting and I look forward to hearing from others.
jacygirl

I hope you get a photo of one.
That would be interesting to see.
Good Luck

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just downloaded a photo analysis program that seem pretty good.
After I figure out how to use it,
, I'll run these photos and see if I can make them any clearer.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
to the OP I am no expert don't
claim to be just I see this all the time
there for I mean no offense ether

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule
to the OP I am no expert don't
claim to be just I see this all the time
there for I mean no offense ether

No offense taken. That's why I started doing this, it's for everyone who wants to voice there opinion on the subject, in a constructive manner of course.

One big U.F.O. photo analysis thread, involving some of the best and brightest minds that I have ever had the pleasure of talking to....

My fellow A.T.S. Members.

edit on 22-6-2012 by mikemck1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by sled735

No offense meant at all, but if its a UFO? It is a UFO until it is identified clearly.

Well then, allow me to clarify my statement.... If it is an alien craft, it appears to be cigar-shaped.
There... is that better?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, I worked on one of the photos. I tried to get a little more detail out of it. What I was trying to do was find the edges of the object in question. This is what I came up with....

This is the best I could do with it. The image was kind of a blur and I tried to get around that. I'm not sure if this is any better or worse.

Well I have to hunt for something to use in the thread for today, so I'm out of here for now. Today's thread should be up by 6:00pm est.

top topics

join