It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights above a field in texas RECENT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Saw this and thought it was a good one. Lots of WTF going on. Please enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

Description:
From the OP: These lights appeared over a field where a rancher keeps his cattle. The lights appear to slowly move above the tree line then move below the trees. The lights appeared in the middle of the night when allot of the ground was covered in a thick layer of fog. I originally posted this video for Angela a few days after she recorded it. I removed this video when one subscriber said this was farm equipment. After taking a day time picture of the tree line and matching a few frames of video to the day time picture. It looks like these lights were to high in the sky to be farm equipment.

edit on 22-6-2012 by NervousNJerky because: to Add a snipet of a description.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Could be farm equipment... just not our kind of farm equipment.

Very nice video tho!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There seems to be some editing around 15 seconds. To me this looks like trucks obscured by fog, the editing may have been used to make it look like they were above the ground, not sure exactly how.

The creepy music doesn't do anything for the credibility either I think!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Must be testing their new drones.

Cool video...

edit on 22-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NervousNJerky

"There has been a tendency in recent years to recognize the possibility that the UFO phenomenon represents an unknown agent of our own earth’s environment and as such the term alien can now often be found referring to entities where the meaning is ‘alien to the human race’ (BUT NOT NECESSARILY ALIEN TO THE EARTH)."

what you are seeing could be sprites..

Natural Explanation Found for UFOs The appearance of a "sprite" (about 30 miles high by 30 miles wide), flashing above a distant thunderstorm. The "sprite" is about 175-250 miles away from the camera. CREDIT: ILAN Science Team Mysterious UFO sightings may go hand in hand with a puzzling natural phenomenon known as sprites — flashes high in the atmosphere triggered by thunderstorms. The dancing lights have appeared above most thunderstorms throughout history, but researchers did not start studying them until one accidentally recorded a sighting on camera in 1989. "Lightning from the thunderstorm excites the electric field above, producing a flash of light called a sprite," said Colin Price, a geophysicist at Tel Aviv University in Israel. "We now understand that only a specific type of lightning is the trigger that initiates sprites aloft." Researchers have detected the flashes between 35 and 80 miles (56-129 km) from the ground, far above the 7 to 10 miles (11-16 km) where usual lightning occurs. Sprites can take the form of fast-paced balls of electricity, although previous footage has suggested streaks or tendrils. The cause or function of the flashes remains murky, but Price suggested that they could explain some of the UFO reports which have cropped up over the years. That might provide some solace for UFO enthusiasts disappointed by human-caused hoaxes in the past. Both jetliner pilots and astronauts have previously reported sightings of sprites, along with a different but equally mysterious phenomenon known as blue jets. Price and his colleagues have focused on "winter sprites" which appear only in the northern hemisphere's winter months. Their remote-controlled roof-mounted cameras can spot thunderstorms producing sprites far out over the Mediterranean Sea. Triangulation techniques have also allowed the researchers to calculate the dimensions of the sprites.

Maybe a suggestion if genuine ....

edit on 22-6-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm really glad you did the overlay.

That really helps. The video is great but would have been flooded with debunkers had you not re-edited the footage.

Kudos! S&F!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think the overlay doesn't match, I'm not an expert on these things but the 'object 1' in the video isn't as far above the tree line as the 'overlay' makes out, something to do with perspective. Call me a debunker if you like but i shall remain sceptical for now.

one question i have is what happened when these objects were on the ground, why did the person stop filmimg and why do there appear to be edits?
edit on 22-6-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Little f---ing wonder people are hesitant to come forward with their sightings.

Farm equipment.

Trucks.

Sprites. I mean, seriously??? Sprites?

I'm too disgusted to go on....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

There is 10 sec of creepy music at the beginning
but the rest of the video is simply Texas crickets
doing their night time thing, I think.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

yep but why use it? there is also a caption describing the lights as 'craft', so who ever made the video has decided what they are allready. The info on youtube says this is the best of the footage, which means it is edited. why not show the whole of the footage? Who is Angela and where did this filming take place?
These are all legitimate questions to get to the bottom of what this is.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think its quite likely they are combine harvesters working at night , I believe the audio of the crickets has been dubbed on to disguise the fact .

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was about to post this until I saw you beat me to it! Darn.

It's interesting footage. The channel has 15 videos in total, 2 UFO videos including this one.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This all comes down to perspective, as one other poster stated.

The "Trees" in the foreground are nothing but bushes...not trees. And, the harvesters -- FARM EQUIPMENT -- happen to be slightly elevated on ground beyond the bushes.

Sorry folks, but these objects are not flying. The upper lights on each object are spot lights/head lights. The lower lights are fog lights and or running lights.

Harvesters often work in tandems to cover more ground faster.

HOAX.
edit on 22-6-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
This all comes down to perspective, as one other poster stated.

The "Trees" in the foreground are nothing but bushes...not trees. And, the harvesters -- FARM EQUIPMENT -- happen to be slightly elevated on ground beyond the bushes.

Sorry folks, but these objects are not flying. The upper lights on each object are spot lights/head lights. The lower lights are fog lights and or running lights.

Harvesters often work in tandems to cover more ground faster.

HOAX.

Almost sounds convincing, but let's take a closer look. The below still images are from the video clip, about 1:50 and 2:02 in.... And you say that what's seen in these are not trees, but are "bushes"?

I'm all for skepticism, and have my own issues with this video, but still, I cannot stand the "debunk at all costs" attitude often displayed around here. So what species of "bush" might that be on the left, with such thin outer stems? (Bushes are not just scaled-down trees....) And then, once the item the left is scaled down to bush size, what species would that make the bushes at center and towards the right?

And if all of THAT in the foreground is scaled down, then how big would the 'UFOs' (in front of the distant landscape) have to actually be? Pretty small, right? Which does not jibe at all with what appears to be a telephone pole out in the field, center of image. The perspective you're suggesting just doesn't add up.

I could be wrong, but every visual cue I'm getting so far suggests that we're seeing more than small bushes and fine brush in the foreground....

edit on 22-6-2012 by TeaAndStrumpets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I think its quite likely they are combine harvesters working at night , I believe the audio of the crickets has been dubbed on to disguise the fact .

To be perfectly honest, I know your track record on these types of things. I have seen you come through time and again when it comes to different UFO/Alien videos, posting the correct explanation in the past.

I am inclined to believe you because of that record, for what it is worth.

Your evidence of harvesters working at night, is acceptable to me, and like you, my first though in hearing the crickets was that it was dubbed over.

I do agree with your finding on this one.

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 22-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm going with a couple of Combines.
Those things are huge.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Especially right at the start, it looks exactly like a truck (harvester) with headlights driving along behind and to the left of another. Later in the video, it seems as if the person taking the video is moving to create the illusion of movement from the lighted vehicles. I don't think this is anything extraordinary.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Could the fog be causing some sort of optical illusion that makes it appear as the lights are above ground?
I'm a believer, but I've seen harvesters at night and they do look exactly like these lights.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is so interesting! About five months ago i got a call from my friend saying that she saw a ufo in the field behind her house and she described crafts just like this. She said that they just hovered around and she thought that they were helicopters at first but they were silent and too close to the ground and they had more lights on the bottom than a helicopter would have so it seems like what she saw is exactly what was in the video. Also the field behind her house never has farm equipment in it, it isnt even part of a farm just a random field which we have a lot of where i am from.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is not filmed, edited, or studied by me. I viewed it on youtube and posted it here. The sound track is suspect I admit, but I have never been in Texas this time of year and cannot atest to the authenticity of it. There is a complete discritopn on you tube, just search the title on youtube, or use the link provided and view it. There the OP states this video is comprised of the best of what his girlfriend had videoed a day or two before. This would account for the editing mentioned in on one of the replies here. According to the discription, the object began approaching said girl and she freaked and ran inside. On another site wich will remain unmentioned, this part of the video is presented, and it shows her shaking an aufull lot just before she shuts down the video camera. I will not comment on the other theories. I don't claim as to the subject matter, not my place. I mearly wanted you all to see the video. Thanks for all the responces, like I said. lots of WTF going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join