It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Trillion gallons of toxic waste injected into underground America!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It seems like I'm the bad guy here...

I am one of of the drivers of the tanker trucks that deliver this massive amount of waste-water to
these disposal facilities...

There was another thread long ago where the OP was concerned about individual "fracking" of
well sites, and here's part of my response...

As for the Gasland film, it is a tad sensational about fracking. I am MUCH MORE concerned about the delivery of waste water to the various disposals in the area. Some of theses disposals pump well over a hundred loads of water a day into the ground at near-fracking pressure FOR YEARS. There are literally lakes of wastewater two miles underground. This is the elephant in the room that no one seems to care about. Albeit, a well disguised elephant...still an elephant none-the-less. This massive amount of wastewater lies closer to the water table than does the high pressure water and sand pumped downhole to encourage gas production during the fracking process...but nobody ever mentions that part of it...

If you're interested, here's the thread...my responses are on page three and four...
To Frac or Not to Frac

In summary, my opinion is/was/and will be, that the disposal of the waste-water after the fracking
process is the issue that no one talks about...and I think it is more dangerous....NO I know it is
potentially more dangerous...

Anyway the reason I joined this thread is because someone asked, "How come these people who
do this don't just stop doing it? Don't they know they are hurting the environment?"

Well, my case is a pretty good example of how someone (with a conscience) can and will
continue to participate in something that could be bad, or even shown to be bad. And this
applies to policemen in riot gear who bust up peaceful rallies. It applies to men of good
conscience who become ensnared in conspiracies and yet remain silent and complicit.
It applies to all of us who "look the other way" from time to time for whatever reason that we
do...and how we justify it.

For me, I've been a driver since I gave up my "Ramen Noodle" existence as a musician 20 years
ago. I became a CDL over-the-road driver across the US and Canada for many years until my wife
became disabled. Then I was required to take a job at home. I wasted my youth pursuing
music and have no other skill, except that of about two million safe miles as an OTR trucker.

Water-hauling happens to be very lucrative and enables me to be home everyday with my
wife and family.

I wish I could be more principled, but I don't see any apparent consequence to my environment
as yet. That is not to say that a threat doesn't exist...I'm fully aware of what could happen
to the groundwater supply, and my personal responsibility should anything happen.

It is just that given the circumstances we all make equivocations based on our best judgement,
to serve ourselves, our loved ones, and the greater good of all humans.

Sometimes we go along to get along...

eta to add...if you care and want to have some first-hand info on fracking and disposals you should check
the other thread I linked to...it is not my thread
edit on 23-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Yep.

And the government won't stop them till it's too late (if at all).

And none of the citizenry will have the balls/care to stop these companies.

Awesome. I love Capitalism, industrialization, and poorly regulated industry!
edit on 23-6-2012 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
It seems like I'm the bad guy here...

I am one of of the drivers of the tanker trucks that deliver this massive amount of waste-water to
these disposal facilities...

There was another thread long ago where the OP was concerned about individual "fracking" of
well sites, and here's part of my response...

As for the Gasland film, it is a tad sensational about fracking. I am MUCH MORE concerned about the delivery of waste water to the various disposals in the area. Some of theses disposals pump well over a hundred loads of water a day into the ground at near-fracking pressure FOR YEARS. There are literally lakes of wastewater two miles underground. This is the elephant in the room that no one seems to care about. Albeit, a well disguised elephant...still an elephant none-the-less. This massive amount of wastewater lies closer to the water table than does the high pressure water and sand pumped downhole to encourage gas production during the fracking process...but nobody ever mentions that part of it...

If you're interested, here's the thread...my responses are on page three and four...
To Frac or Not to Frac

In summary, my opinion is/was/and will be, that the disposal of the waste-water after the fracking
process is the issue that no one talks about...and I think it is more dangerous....NO I know it is
potentially more dangerous...

Anyway the reason I joined this thread is because someone asked, "How come these people who
do this don't just stop doing it? Don't they know they are hurting the environment?"

Well, my case is a pretty good example of how someone (with a conscience) can and will
continue to participate in something that could be bad, or even shown to be bad. And this
applies to policemen in riot gear who bust up peaceful rallies. It applies to men of good
conscience who become ensnared in conspiracies and yet remain silent and complicit.
It applies to all of us who "look the other way" from time to time for whatever reason that we
do...and how we justify it.

For me, I've been a driver since I gave up my "Ramen Noodle" existence as a musician 20 years
ago. I became a CDL over-the-road driver across the US and Canada for many years until my wife
became disabled. Then I was required to take a job at home. I wasted my youth pursuing
music and have no other skill, except that of about two million safe miles as an OTR trucker.

Water-hauling happens to be very lucrative and enables me to be home everyday with my
wife and family.

I wish I could be more principled, but I don't see any apparent consequence to my environment
as yet. That is not to say that a threat doesn't exist...I'm fully aware of what could happen
to the groundwater supply, and my personal responsibility should anything happen.

It is just that given the circumstances we all make equivocations based on our best judgement,
to serve ourselves, our loved ones, and the greater good of all humans.

Sometimes we go along to get along...

eta to add...if you care and want to have some first-hand info on fracking and disposals you should check
the other thread I linked to...it is not my thread
edit on 23-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

Your honesty is greatly appreciated, and your personal circumstances are duly noted by the cranky one.

One has to wonder if this is a common thread in such matters, could it be that many of the jobs we wish were not done, are done by folks singled out in some way because the are tied to the money or some other element. It is said by many that the highest levels of the secret orders operate by a kind of blackmail - think Godfather Two and the Senator, and while I am sure it is not the case that regular joe's are blackmailed, but it might be that if two applicants came in, and one has three kids and a late mortgage and one is fresh out of college, the childless one is dismissed.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Wow , thats shocking im really glad you put that list up ,I think thats important to see. And just to think they were thrown in jail makes me sick to my stomach. I say the ones who insisted they go up should take them down.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
GOOD!!!!

I hope it poisons all the elite fools living in their underground bases.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OH WOW!!
We've poisoned our oceans, fresh water we drink, the air we breath, the soil, and the earth of which all life grows...

.... How are we still alive??

...Any day now...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by crankyoldman

I worked for 18 months in a nuke plant like the ones that melted down in japan. I never gave it a thought about going to the top floor on the elevator to the fuel storage pool and reactor head before Fukushima. I see the epic failure of the design now. Once I was watch on video as some workers were changing out the control rod drives but some of them were so radioactive that they had to slam them back up intot he shielding because the dosimeter was jumping to 600 mr per hour and above. I learned a lot at that job which I will never forget.

Did you ever think "what a crazy method of boiling water simply to generate steam to turn a turbine". People just don't realise that the electricity comes from a bog standard ordinary steam turbine and NOT from the nuclear energy directly........technological madness.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Nuclear waste is the devils urine....Should of found better alternatives but apparently not....We are already doomed. All you can do is ride it out til your death...Hopefully everything will be better next time around.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by at1withharmony11
reply to post by frazzle

Wow , thats shocking im really glad you put that list up ,I think thats important to see. And just to think they were thrown in jail makes me sick to my stomach. I say the ones who insisted they go up should take them down.

I suppose every generation has a healthy sampling of unsung heroes who get no appreciation or respect, even when they're known to have done what they did and why. The bigger problem is that there are never enough of them to make a difference. Maybe that's why so many of the really bad ideas are incubated in the US and aren't stopped before they infect the rest of the world and become full blown planetary crises.

As for taking the nuclear plants down, I'll say it again, there simply aren't enough of us willing to do whatever it takes to make them do that. Most of us are dependent on those plants to light up our lives and cool/heat our homes. That's what's wrong with us ~ we've become overly dependent on government and corporations for every facet of our lives.

Its a classic national case of battered wife syndrome: They really care about us but they just can't stop punching us in the face. We deserve to be hurt. We can't live without them.

edit on 24-6-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

"You have changed the system with pressure and temperature and fracturing, so you don't know how it will behave."

Could all this have anything to do with the crazy sounds people have been hearing?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Yeah, it's called feeding a family. I know I would shovel the # to feed mine; how about you?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

The "battered wife" analogy was spot on. We have become enablers.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Now this is the REAL issue that should be dealt with, and should have been dealt with differently.

These are the events that we should address, and resolve.

I vote for funding NASA to transport all this waste and send it straight to the Sun.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dondrews

What you "would" do, have done, and what you "are" doing are very different things. I have no way in the world, the universe, of telling you what I "would" do with regard to any situation that is not likely to happen, and frankly, neither do you. But I can tell you what I have done and what I am doing, which is I do not, nor have I worked for or with folks who's designs are to exploit or harm the human race.

With all due respect, folks are so funny with their "what they'd do if...."

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join