It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Trillion gallons of toxic waste injected into underground America!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I used to work for a company called Container Products, located in Wilmington, NC. I got this job due to my security clearance and after working there a short while, I found out it's deep, dark secret and quit due to ethical reasons.
What they manufacture, and subsequently ship out, are steel containers specifically made for storing toxic waste underground. People would be amazed at the sheer volume of waste that has been contained by this one company.

The accounts I handled were for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Sandia, White Sands proving grounds, Bikini Atoll, plus other numerous Military contracts. This is some scary Sh/t.

Link:

www.c-p-c.com...

Check it out. You will be scared.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Then they wonder why sinkholes appear.

2nd

edit on 23-6-2012 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The people running this planet are seriously more stupid than the #ing television we all watch.

How can they think this is ok? # I'd knock all their teeth out if I could.
I'm in such a #ing rage. If those stupid mother#ers want to get rid of it they should consume that # and imagine what it can do to our planet. Did they ask the people if dumping 30 trillion gallons of # is ok? Nope so we shouldn't have to ask to burn down their houses. Damn I apologize for the language I'm just so affected by this story it makes me sick. It's everyday now we find out how the "man" is slowly killing and poisoning us and our ONLY planet. It's just sick. How do they sleep at night?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Thanks

Wow, just the opening of this report is shocking, I'm speechless. Generally in these situations the issues are downplayed, but the opening paragraph is anything but downplayed.

"In 1987, PECO was ordered by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to
shutdown Peach Bottom-2 and -3 on March 31, 1987 due to operator
misconduct, corporate malfeasance and blatant disregard for the health and
safety of area."

Definition of Malfeasance:

malfeasance n. intentionally doing something either legally or morally wrong which one had no right to do. It always involves dishonesty, illegality, or knowingly exceeding authority for improper reasons.

They let loose waste? Of course we were not there but it is hard to imagine what that would be like for folks with a conscience.

"Among the incidents cited by the NRC: security guards were overworked,
and one guard was found asleep on the job; 36,000 gallons of "mildly
radioactive water" leaked into the Susquehanna River; PECO mislaid
data on radioactive waste classification causing misclassification of a waste
shipment; at the turbine building on March 4, 1987, Unit 3 a major fire
occurred at the maintenance cage."

So we see that not only was the construction done without regard to the ability to dispose of the waste, but once operation, the operation was done without regard to the health of those the steam pump serviced: the paying customers and the public at large.

I don't get it. I cut someone off on the freeway and I want to flag them down to apologize, in this case folks willfully put the entire public at large in danger - tepco the entire world, and it seems to happen with no real issue regarding those "working." Is the paycheck that alluring? Is 50k or 100k so important that sensibility is simply ignored? Is the grip the corporate masters have on the workers so tight that no one dare speak? I know not everyone is Karen Silkwood, and companies spend millions to marginalize those who might talk, but if someone wants to hire me to dump waste in a river my response is "uh, no thanks." Instead folks wait in line...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented
It's not Mother earth I am scared of, it's the 35 foot long man eating insects that will be created from the toxic goo.

You saying this makes me think of Revelation 9.

1The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
the more i read the US news the more i want to move out of here.

chem trails, chems underground, they wont label gmo's, drones, fed bailing out the banks, all the dam taxes

we need a revolution and restart the whole gov w people who care. do what iceland did

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A disposal well is an old well that has had pumping units pumping on the formation for decades. A vacuum has formed in the formation. You do not have to pump anything down these wells. You just open the valve on the truck and on the well and the well will suck the fluid out. The fluid in question is salt water and paraffin. That is really toxic stuff. Idiots

edit on 23-6-2012 by Freedom_Machine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just at the moment where you think the world can 't be more f*kd up then it is, you read this...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's not only that it is toxic, the sheer volume of water used is terrifiying. 1 to 5 million gallons PER WELL (12,000 wells here in Texas) of water taken from aquifers is used approx. every 2 days. That was freshwater that won't be able to be used again for probably thousands of years. What the Hell are they thinking!?
There's tons of info out there but here is a short article: water usage

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

I would agree that the volume of water used in fracking is more of an issue that the fracking.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Pardon, but, how does one "run" in space?

Just being technical with you, in jest.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Do you really know how much water 30 trillion gallons is? Lake Tahoe on the California Nevada border is 39 trillion gallons. It would take two and a half years of Niagara Falls running round the clock to refill Tahoe if it were empty. The oil companies are flat out killing us....... we will die, or our children will die from this destruction of our groundwater and even surface water. And guess what? ......It's probably already too late to reverse the damage. Our oceans are thick with plastic, the Gulf probably is a foot or two deep in sand covered oil spills. The smog in China...... who cares? Does anybody care anymore? We will have brought an end to most of civilization in the next two or three decades. Even TPTB and Illuminati won't have anything left but desolation.......and the promise of death....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by VoidHawk

Pardon, but, how does one "run" in space?

Just being technical with you, in jest.

Of course you can run, you just dont get very far

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Why do we let these greedy bastards, that only think about money and theirselfs, people like you and me, people with the same blood, how can we let them destroy this beautiful planet. This rare planet with thousands of amazing species and beautiful nature, with millions of years of history. This planet which has gone through so many things, why do we let them ruin it? It saddens me deeply to see it dying, but it will rise up again. Like it has done for millions of years. humans, it's time for a big clean up. you have gone to far this time
edit on 23-6-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the obvious culprit are the Chemical companies... and not the thread targeted oil & nuclear polluters

the most proper way to do away with these long term contaminates would be to send the crud down to nuclear bombed out chambers that are a mile or so underground...perhaps even deeper to where the 'mantle' itself can absorb the dangerous materials, even over time...

but no - that ain't gonna happen because of the cost of disposal...the lobbysts wouldn't stand for it
the profits divvied up as bonuses would not exist for the likes of DuPont/DOW/Montsanto among the flock of culprits-in-profits
edit on 23-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Members Who Supported Massive Giveaway To Big Oil Have Received $38.6 Million From The Industry

Posted on June 23, 2012 by Admin

The House of Representatives, which already holds the title of the most anti-environment House ever, today added another mark to the list — the Domestic Energy Production Act, H.R. 4480. The act is specifically designed to increase oil and gas development, with measures that block safeguards from smog and pollution and mandate drilling on public lands. The House Republicans passed this pollution and plunder energy package overrun by oil and gas industry interests, 248 to 163. This breakdown includes 229 Republicans and 19 Democratic members.

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

Someone remind me, why do we vote for these clowns? Why do we pay their salaries? Why aren't they hanging from lamp posts?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by Manhater
Then they wonder why sinkholes appear.

A sinkhole happens when limestone is dissolved away by water and it would not be any factor regarding this waste disposal.

ever see acid rain on limestone?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
At least we'll be safe from an alien invasion, who the hell would invade a planet as toxic as this one.

I bet somewhere out there on the galactic highways that lead to earth there are huge signs that read

Warning, lunatic asylum ahead, take next exit and run

Lol I think your on to something there

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Yes, and it takes 100 feet of soil that the water would naturally be cleansed by if it were to travel in any direction after it is injected. The earth has ways of filtering the deadliest of contaminated water.

Considering that fracking wells are at 5,000 feet, I doubt very much that we have any concerns about toxicity.

However, I will agree that the volume of fluids injected is large...and could cause unsettlement at certain depths.

What happens if they don't keep track of what junk they mixed with other junk and it changes to some other toxic junk? maybe even belches poison gas out and kills fish and birds.

The filtering process depends on a whole lot of things, the stuff can fill a hole and sit may not even filter at all. it also depends on how much how fast is injected. In my experience having a scary ex-husband who had a license to deal with scary hazardous waste...if they say they dumped A amount they really dumped B amount and the person who monitors this got C amount in $$.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join