It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of gifts have your wedding guest donate to the Obama campaign.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Instead of gifts have your wedding guest donate to the Obama campaign.

Got a birthday, anniversary, or wedding coming up?

Let your friends know how important this election is to you—register with Obama 2012, and ask for a donation in lieu of a gift. It’s a great way to support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all appreciate—and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl.

[link removed]

Or as one poster put it, donate a kidney.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions of Use
edit on Sat Jun 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just vomited!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah, but would people actually do that? Also, how desperate do you have to be for campaign funding before you start asking people to forgo their wedding gifts to help you? That's just messed up.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have a gift for Obama and he is going to get it in November, and that is when I vote for the other dude.

It's kind like Christmas as a kid and you ask for that really cool toy but you get socks from grammy.
edit on 22-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wow. That is beyond pathetic. If someone told me they'd rather I donate to a politicians election fund over a gift as they start their new life. Well. I simply wouldn't go to their wedding, since it's obviously not that important to them. I totally understand donating to a charity in lieu of a gift. This however is just.... pathetic.

Also I love the extremely dominant anti-obama comments on Obama's own website.

(I just heard Obama needs more money. A new campaign is being started to collect money from children's tooth fairy and Birthday money.)
edit on 6/22/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I might be in favor of a " donate to a charity of your choice in lieu of presents"....But this? No way!

I mean, believe it or not, chances are, not all of your guests will be in support of Obama. So, trying to get people to donate to his campaign in lieu of presents...It's just not going to work. It is NOT a gift that all can appreciate. I don't care who's campaign they ask me to donate to in lieu of presents. It wont work.....

I know, shocker but people just might no appreciate being expected to donate to his campaign....

Truth_2012

edit on 22-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If I had a gift registry I'd be sure to ask for toilet plungers to be sent to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

(I just heard Obama needs more money. A new campaign is being started to collect money from children's tooth fairy and Birthday money.)

Thanks for the best laugh of the day!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'd rather give it to a panhandler and let them drink till they puke....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would really not liked to be asked this by anyone whose wedding I attend. Whether I personally supported the candidate or not, not everyone else is going to, most likely.

I am a fan of donating to a charity as a gift. My family does this for Christmas. Each year a different sibling gets to choose the charity and we make a donation to that charity in the name of "Our family, Christmas 20xx". I just wouldn't be comfortable asking them to donate to a politician instead.

To each their own, I guess.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This shows how seriously desperate the Obama Campaign is getting.

If they hadn't spent all our money over the last 3 years, maybe people would give a little

I wonder if we can get a free tootsie roll now ??

(note: the picture is not edited !!)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

L
L

he sure has some big ones
bigger than Wesley Warren, Jr's

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

My wife and I asked our wedding guests to give to charities on our behalf rather than buy us gifts because there are people out there who really need the help and we were fortunate enough to have everything we needed. Donating to political campaign is IMHO the worst way to spend money. After all, when that politician you donated the cash to gets in to power, they're going to screw you for every penny you have, so why offer it to them in the first place?

Rev

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Someone's lost their damned mind. I think donating to a political party is among the stupidest things someone can do. Better off to buy a new Caddy for Tammy Fae Bakker.

I would rather strain moldy diarrhea through my teeth.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Quite unbelievable - but then, when you have a bunch of amateurs running the campaign, and you have the mainstream media covering your every dishonest and immoral step along the way, then you can pretty much do whatever you want - which is exactly what our novice President is doing.

What a dweeb.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Oh yea, let me get right on that one LMAO!

Hey buddy, here's your Birthday present! I gave 3 bucks to the Obama campaign in your name!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Clearly a lack of class and manners. How narcissistic can someone be to ask people getting married to ask their guests to donate to your campaign? But then, some of the Prez' supporters likely take pride in their do-goodism.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This article immediately reminded me of George Costanza's fake charity "The Human Fund" with it's motto "money for people.". If somebody sends me any sort of notice that even a single cent has been donated to Obama in my name, I will sue them for defamation of character and slander.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
You know, I am on board with this one. Seriously. And since I don't intend to get married any time soon. All the better

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well, this time around it appears he is hoping to get your change.........

and that's about all some of us have left............................

Epic FAIL!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thread previously posted here.

closing

new topics

top topics

join