It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird flu virus is just THREE mutations away from making the leap into a deadly human pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Three mutations away from a pandemic killer and these mutations could take place in one human host

The world has yet to see a form of the deadly bird flu virus that could spread easily between people and cause a global outbreak - but that doesn't mean it won't happen, scientists say.

'The remaining... mutations could evolve in a single human host, making a virus evolving in nature a potentially serious threat,' Derek Smith of Britain's University of Cambridge, who led the research, told reporters.

I had Swine Flu last winter and that was quite bad
I certainly do not want to contract this
Is this just more scaremongering or could these 3 mutations happen quickly or
Take years before it makes a leap to humanity

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Cran

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The daily mail???

Year after year we hear these scare tactics, trying to scare us into getting the nasty flu jab.

Now if the daily mail were to mutate into a truth rag, well that would be something to get excited about

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well why not?

It's the same with the swine flu.

This was reported back in 2009, but I think back then they said it would only take two mutations.

Realize they're not saying any 3 mutations, but 3 exact mutations.

Honestly? We've cultured an environment which will wipe out chunks of us this century, that much I'm certain of.

If not by bird flu, then by a variety of other vectors.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
We should be diligent in monitoring these mutations, or we'll end up with untreatable diseases, such as penicillin-resistant gonorhhea. It's a war against the bacteria and virus' for supremacy or the meek really shall inherit the Earth.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So if they say it's 3 mutations, it means they have tried it no?
These scientists are out of their minds.

I believe that our lives and thoughts are all connected in oneness, to force a mutation would probably make the natural mutation evolve even faster since this knowledge would exist in the universe as we living beings have access without knowing it to this grid of information.

Some things are better left unknown...

and this exact story could just be fear mongering but it's not the first time I hear about forcing genetic mutation on viruses.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

No, it doesn't mean that.

It means they know enough about the RNA of the virus to say with a high degree of certainty that it would only take 3 key mutations.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Because it is in The Daily Mail does not make it any less Real
This reasearch was done at the University of Cambridge

Cran

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ahaha i had swine flue to, worst thing i've ever had, last 3 days, all day all night.

the only thing i can compare it too is alchol posioning which i've had 4 times..... yeah stfu i know

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Sounds like you were on death's door.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

maybe, i've never died before so i wouldn't know, at least that i remember

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

From what I've read of alcohol poisoning, and you didn't admit that you went through that, most are on death's door.
edit on 22-6-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

the only thing i can compare it too is alchol posioning which i've had 4 times

Thats Hardcore
Iv'e not had alchohol poisoning but i did get poisoned by a prawn and i can only liken that to being killed every twenty minites only to be revived when the barfing started again for about thirty six hours
Bad times

Cran

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

It's quite true - and old news in the science field. Glad the research finally got published.

FYI - as H5N1 gets more contagious it also seems to get less deadly.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's interesting that this subject is coming up again. This is something I just saw-

gma.yahoo.com...

I'm glad my kids are finishing high school before they develop more types of vaccines to mandatorily give students.

top topics

join