It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Obama should unilaterally eliminate the debt ceiling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Pelosi: Obama should unilaterally eliminate the debt ceiling

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., thinks that President Obama should unilaterally eliminate the debt ceiling, rather than negotiate with Congress to spend more money when the United States hits the debt ceiling later this year.

“I would like to see the Constitution used to protect the country’s full faith and credit, as the Constitution does,” Pelosi told reporters Wednesday. She was endorsing the idea that Obama should use the 14th Amendment — which states that “The validity of the public debt of the United States . . . shall not be questioned” — to circumvent House Republicans who want spending cuts in exchange for another debt ceiling hike.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Oh that Pelosi!

Eliminate the debt ceiling she says so Obama and the congress can spend whatever they want to, but,but,but wait!

Who said "pay as you go" wasn't that our dear Pelosi?

Pelosi says the the debt celing is unconstitutional and OBama should abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raising the debt ceiling is a lack of leadership the left said when they hammered the last administration for it, but now nope just an hindrance.

Meh Pelosi go home to California and leave the country to people who know what they are doing obviously she doesn't.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
WTF???????????????????

Shall not be questioned?????????????????

Vote Republican. Vote Romney.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Mad Red Queen, Pelosi, is starting to unravel around the edges. The last 2 days have shown her to be mentally unstable. Even the MSM is starting to pick up on it. Her insane hunger for Power is bleeding through her facade....

Des

edit on 22-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., thinks that President Obama should unilaterally eliminate the debt ceiling, rather than negotiate with Congress to spend more money when the United States hits the debt ceiling later this year.

Mooooom! Grandma got into the cooking sherry again!

Seriously, their 5 year plan for destroying America needs to be sped up??????

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I tell ya Pelosi makes Palin look like a genius something in the "water" either in Washington or California to come up with "the debt ceiling is unconstitutional".

Wow just when you think Washington can't get any more stupid.

edit on 22-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just when i thought no one would ever get more idiotic than "lets pass this bill before we read it so we can go home!".....she totally outdoes herself everytime.

Wtf state is she from anyway? Her constituents need to vote her outtttt

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Forgive me for going off on a rant, but it's this type of thinking that got us into this mess!

People in the housing market, ignored their own debt ceiling! People ignored the fact that their budget couldn't, wouldn't allow for such reckless spending.

Forget about making Palin look good.

Pelosi is so stupid, she makes Biden look smart.

Pelosi is so dumb, she makes Matt Damon look smart.

Pelosi is so incredibly stupid, she makes the coming zombie apocalypse look positive!!!!

With idiots like this, no wonder people think America is dumb!

edit on 22-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh and her face reminds me of a grey alien

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
???????? We don't want Nancy in California either.
She should stay on Airforce One or the other planes she hijacked for personal use while Speaker Of The House and Keep GOING!

Kinda like a broom in "Sourcerers Apprentice." Out of Control daffy she is.

The only difference in sourcerers apprentice is it was only a dream for Mickey and he woke up!
Saved by the big whizard!
All we have as the people to fight back, is to get whizzed ON.

Let her keep talking.
It helps Obama's reelection campaign. (sneer)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Pelosi is so dumb she got hit by a parked car

Pelosi is so dumb she heard someone say it was chilli outside so she ran and grabbed a bowl

Pelosi is so dumb she thinks a quarterback is a refund

Pelosi is so dumb she tried to kill herself by jumping out of the basement window

Pelosi is so dumb she got locked in a grocery store and almost starved to death

Pelosi is so dumb it took her an hour to make minute rice

Pelosi is so dumb she stayed up all night studying for her blood test

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A few more thoughts here:

The credit validity of the United States shall not be in question."

The people's or the government "right to credit" not a divine right and should always be questioned, and credit was made for the "Rich" who already have money, and the truth as we all know is neither the people or the government has money,

Point of fact the only thing the debt celing is raising the credit limit of an already over extended credit card that has been maxed out,and instead of paying off the debit they just raise more of what they already can't pay.

The provision at the heart of the constitutional debate, Section 4 of the 14th Amendment, states: “The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payments of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.” Democrats essentially argued that since the "public debt" cannot be questioned, then the debt ceiling itself is unconstitutional.

I have big problems with the 14th all debt should always be questioned especially when you can't pay the tab for that spending.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

You're post is very mean.......... but I gave you a star anyway because it was funny.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Pelosi has been on a roll lately.

The mind-numbing comments keep on coming.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thats IT? No more comments on Nancy?

How about her eyebrows are so scarey she looks like a reject Mothman wouldn't want to take a picture with her side by side.

How about the creators of Botox said they give up?

How about the pilots that flew her as Speaker said "Yeah Nancy, You understand the mile high concept. Come here you"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Is this off topic? Can I be arrested for what you were all thinking?

OHHHHHHH I crossed the line and I'm on my own..

I seeeee.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Zarni started it. Get HIM!.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Pelosi has wet dreams of being the first Womanish President...hormonal treatments permitting....

Des

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The credit validity of the United States shall not be in question.

To turn the tables a bit, on that ground we should stop doing business with...

THE IMF ((International Monetary Fun)d)

Lagarde on 'Worrisome' U.S. Debt Debate, Eurozone's Future

Bernake

Ben Bernanke tells Congress of the near future collapse. Admits foreign banks own our perceived debt

Should go a long way to fixing things... except that it won't.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It is reassuring to see that everyone here knows this is a problem. This economic mess is a very big and difficult challenge, pretending it does not exist is one way people have to cope with it. This is clearly one issue that is out of her league, so perhaps it is better that she stays out of it and focus on other things.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

With idiots like this, no wonder people think America is dumb!

No, Still this guy, although Nancy is a Peach, George was One of a kind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join