It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the global economic breakdown a good thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A person losing his or her job is a great tragedy for that person and his or hers family, but is the economic breakdown benefitial for the west overall?

It is my understanding that the western industry can not compete on price with China because of our high salaries. Will not a global economic breakdown force the industry saleries to lower because many will lose their work, which causes a supply and demand scenario since there will be more competition for the remaining jobs, which allows the industry owners to lower saleries since there are more people competing for the same jobs? So, this will again cause the western industry to produce its product at more competible prices, and the economy will pick itself up again. Playing with the above mentioned idea, if it is correct, then it would also be smart of the US to open its boarders to foreign immigrations like it did at the start of the 20th century. This would cause even more job competition, allowing the industry owners to lower the saleries even faster, thus the US would get out of the crisis even faster.
edit on 22-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well... Unless the Avengers are some where round the corner waiting to punish the evil bankers,

The short and accurate answer is no.

ETA: I'm sorry I can't be bothered to explain why, but your theory is *very* flawed.

I know someone else will tell you why

edit on 22-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The west could easily compete with China if we got rid of the artificial impediments. EPA rules have gotten completely insane, for example. How is a snail darter or some stupid owl more important that people? Another thing is our stupid tax system. It builds all kinds of hidden costs into products that China and other nations do not have. As for the illegals, they need to go. They are a huge net drain on the economy. I think the US would be much better off if we could send all of the illegals home, and all of the liberals to Europe.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What you are saying could be logic but as far as I know, most economic breakdowns only make the rich wealthier.
So sure, it's a good thing for them but the common people will only lose more and more their quality of life in the end.

American production and exportation doesn't only have competition for it's prices, it also as competition from children and from people that live 30 in the same apartment.
I guess the USA could lower it's standards of comfortable living to compete with globalization in terms of production.

Personally I couldn't care less about economic globalization, it just another way to make the Monopoly game go on and on till everyone loses everything they have. I want out of the game.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The west could easily compete with China if we got rid of the artificial impediments. EPA rules have gotten completely insane, for example. How is a snail darter or some stupid owl more important that people? Another thing is our stupid tax system. It builds all kinds of hidden costs into products that China and other nations do not have. As for the illegals, they need to go. They are a huge net drain on the economy. I think the US would be much better off if we could send all of the illegals home, and all of the liberals to Europe.

I agree.

The West could easily compete with China if we got rid of the OHS and EPA type bs. If we are the top of the food chain. then we should act like it. We could fix things easily if we took our governments back from the corporatists.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think it could still go either way, depending whether the people stand up for themselves.

There are two options that I can see...

1. The people wake up and become engaged in the process of rebuilding our nations, removing career politicians and moving away from supporting corporate business. The primary thing we need to do to end the problems is STOP BUYING crap we don't need, stop supporting the biggest businesses, buy locally, buy small, and only buy what you need. If we cripple the global corporations and bankers we end their dominance and their influence over government. At the same time we need to flush out the corrupt politicians too busy lining their own pockets to do the jobs they were elected to do. This means new parties, by the people and for the people.

2. The second plausible outcome is that people will rant and rave about things but actually do nothing, allowing their governments to grow bigger, more corrupt, more aligned to their corporate masters and growing ever more authoritarian. Europe is now facing this, with suggestions of a bigger European state to control taxation and banking from one entity. This is a bad move.

I don't believe in the NWO the way that others do. I don't accept that anyone a century ago would give a damn about their great, great, great nephew controlling a slice of the planet or their corporate bankster business controlling global currency. There is no common sense behind the ideas about FEMA Camps (why would they imprison people, with all those resources needed, staffing, admin, military assets, when they already have you by the balls?)

But, my idea of the NWO is that it is the inevitable result of corporate and government corruption, the 1% owning everything. These are corporations that have only one goal - to profit, at all cost. They are like machines, and when machines control everything you end up with everything NWO believers fear.

What people see as the NWO is not some ancient conspiracy, it's the result of massive soulless corporations snatching up everything, turning our governments into puppets and manipulating the masses for their own profit.

Sadly, I think it'll take a hell of a lot to get the people to stop and realize that they are helping to create the problem. Every time someone pays a corporation a single penny they are supporting the domination of the human race by those megalithic giants of industry.

I've said for a long time that it's going to take WW3 to wake people up, destroy the giants, start again. And even then there is a chance that it'll simply roll back a little but continue the way it has been.

Ultimately, the masses are too stupid to know what the problem is, and they are far too lazy to do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Economic Breakdown feeds the rich and poors get more poor. Rich people spend this time to buy more stocks, everything is cheap now and will rise up sometime. Poor people don't have money to buy vast amounts of stocks.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The world globalists are building their new Babel - "one humanity".
God set the world as nations because people are different. His people Israel were to be blessed, and we have been - exceedingly - Provided Faith remains.

Our punishment for allowing our fellow Israelites to once again fall away from the True God of Heaven and Earth? Our enemies are allowed to rule over us, whether that be immigrants, foreign bankers or communist Jews.

OP, your 'solutions' are their solutions - the western nations are being inundated with immigrants with dissimilar cultures who will not 'melt' into the pot, our jobs and manufacturing have been shipped to Godless nations, and our country is not only mortgaged to the hilt to foreign banks but we are selling our infrastructure to them.

God meant every word that He said. Forsake Him and this is the result. Nothing will solve it but repentance - turning away from wickedness.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Our punishment for allowing our fellow Israelites to once again fall away from the True God of Heaven and Earth? Our enemies are allowed to rule over us, whether that be immigrants, foreign bankers or communist Jews.

Who exactly are your enemies? I am from the west. But I am not jewish. Am I your enemy? What exactly am I to you?

edit- I am not an Amalekite. What else could I be?
All this religious stuff is absurd. There is no reason we cant all get along. Nobody is better than anyone else.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join