It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you heard it here first - Congressman Steve King, says he will sue the president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I swear these Washington Dc Pukes are beginning to piss me off... I was looking to see which turkey would pop his head up and stand up for the Constitution... and lord and behold - less than 24 hours - Viola

someone you never heard of asking for money - because he wants to sue the president....

Dear Fellow American,

I'm preparing to sue the President of the United States.

You read that correctly; if President Obama signs the executive order, circumvents Congress, exceeds his Constitutional authority, and refuses to enforce immigration laws in the process, I will take him to court on behalf of the American people...and I intend to win.

By now I'm sure you've heard about the President's latest outrageous circumvention of the Constitution. As a proud American, I'm angry and I bet you are, too. After all, we're a republic, not a monarchy! In this country, the people have a voice, and I intend to make sure it's heard at the highest levels of government—all the way up to the Supreme Court!

Will you join me in the fight to protect our rights by making a contribution of $25, $50, $100 or more to remind President Obama and the Democrats that we won't ever be silenced from defending the Constitution?

This won't be my first court battle against executive branch overreach. In 1999, I successfully sued then-Governor Tom Vilsack for an executive order that exceeded his authority as Iowa's Governor. I have sought the counsel of the same constitutional lawyers this time around to examine President Obama's executive order from every possible angle.

While the law is on our side, fighting the full force of the Obama White House is no small enterprise. The Democrats have already placed my race for re-election at the top of their target list, and I know this lawsuit will fuel their fire as they become more eager than ever to silence me. But I won't back down. And I know you won't either. The founders spilled blood in defense of liberty—we can spill a little sweat.

Will you help me defend the Constitution by donating $25, $50, $100 or more today?

The Constitution is very clear on this issue: Congress makes laws and the President must enforce them.

Thank you for your continued support. Without it, I wouldn't have the honor and privilege of standing up for our values in Washington each and every day.

Sincerely,

Steve King
Member of Congress, Iowa

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
why is he asking for money? If the POTUS isn't following the law as he claims, why do I have to send him money to remedy the situation. Isn't the ENTIRE reason he is there is to remedy such matters WITHOUT me having to spend money? Isn't that his job?

Doesn't proclaiming outrage and then asking for money follow the standard doctrine of the local church? How is it that a guy who's job it is to keep the POTUS in check using the same system as the church via, "the devil is out there, he's coming to get you, please fill the collection plate as it passes?"

And what am I supposed to get for this donation? Anything tangible, or does it go into the endless "we're fighting the good fight against the devil, I mean POTUS, and all the dirty deeds he keeps doing to you?"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

King loves to grandstand. I believe that this is not the first time he has threatened to sue President Obama. I'd love to know what became of any monies he collected from the other times.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

King loves to grandstand. I believe that this is not the first time he has threatened to sue President Obama. I'd love to know what became of any monies he collected from the other times.

A pizza-party, mate!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So basically this is just a scam to get more money.

How quaint.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hey,
Everyone should give whenever asked.

Here's Obama's new campaign to tell newlyweds and recent grads to put their gifts into the Obama campaign instead of keeping them.

For the cause!

Don't know this web sight but is IS funny:
www.barackobama.com...

The comments are funny too.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Base Pay for Congressman : $150,000
Average American Salary : $47,000

When this guy donates $100,000 to the cause, tells us exactly how he is going to win, and lobbies enough of his coworkers to do the same...

I might listen.

ETA: A salary of $160,000 puts you in the Top 5% of wage earners in the US. In any given restraunt he makes more than 90-95 out of 100 people in the room, and by a lot.

For fun, the difference between the top 2% and 1% is the difference between $250,000 and $1,600,000. Send a letter to them, and by letter I mean subpoena.
edit on 22-6-2012 by JDINFOWARRIOR because:

new topics

top topics

join