It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamps AKA EBT cards, reports throughout the state say the cards are not working

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Mass hysteria could break out at anytime, I noticed the banks are pretty busy today as well (maybe its Friday - Payday) .... I dont know what to say - if your not ready - your not ready ....

edit on 22-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Computer glitch? Or Computer Virus?

Since you have the glitches over seas in their banks, the issues with twitter and iran/ china being hacked, busy busy day for the 1 & 0 cowboys.

EBT being a credit system was the 1st mistake, the 2nd was putting everyone on one network.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If anyone not got the chance/time to watch the vid properly yet, the guy is talking about how people need to do a bit of a stock-up on what they need just as a precaution..

He says don't panic.. food stamp cards are not working.. hoping not to last morew than one day..
He's following the banking issue in UK and the possible Euro collapse..

He's suspecting a 'glitch' but be prepared, dont panic.. get some basic stuff to keep yourself ticking over..
Keep awake, open your eyes and ears and watch what's going on..

This could get a lot worse, or blow over by the morning

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ok, I saw this video yesterday. Can anyone find out if it's the same for friday? That was thursday they did not work

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I want to see his sources. From everything I can see there are no reports of these cards not working for people. Sounds more like one of those "prep" films.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
our's

just worked.. in Oregon

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think they are working now in California - I just started calling friends and just got a call - they used their EBT card at Safeway - so I guess the crisis is over.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

Mass hysteria could break out at anytime, I noticed the banks are pretty busy today as well (maybe its Friday - Payday) .... I dont know what to say - if your not ready - your not ready ....

edit on 22-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

You do know that Food stamps benefits are ran off a JPMorgan controlled bank system.

They are issued out of texas.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm going on a beer run. (With Cash) I'll ask my buds at the store if it's true.

And manna, I forgot how funny your avatar is.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Nothing on the website about any downtime.
www.ebt.ca.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Not true.
Store guy says he's been running cards all day.
No interuption of service.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Do you know if any other states are affected?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am fortunate to be of a mindset that has not EVER allowed me to take ANY Government assistance. I have been poor, homeless and hungry. I have never begged for change, work yes, change no. I once spent my only five dollars on a bottle of Windex and some paper towels. That turned into 75.00 a day. I once sold water along the major bike paths, no permits no nothing but an ice chest and a sign. That was good for over $50.00 a day.

My point? Take the free handouts and learn to do something to decrease your dependance on them. Why? You are going to be the first people to die when TSHTF.

Learn to do something without relying on a handout or I will laugh as I pass you on the street while you starve. Yes that may not be very nice to say but it is the truth. Got internet but getting food stamps, lovely

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Uh oh! Looks like it's time to get a job!

Nahhhh Screw child support. Get dem rims!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

There is an ATS thread about people not being able to get their money out of Banks in Scotland. This may be the beginning of a cyber-attack on the internet.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Thats horrible! I am not on Food Assistance either..but I wish I could get it! I work everyday and still dont make enough to cover everything. My family eats 1 large meal daily. We are not living it up in the US. I do care about others, and I hope they fix the EBT problem soon.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

you aren't a very nice person for all your self-sufficiency.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

I am a very nice person that does a lot for all those around me. I am not however very sympathetic regarding Welfare. If I were King there would be a bright yellow bus at each and every able bodied welfare recipients home at 5:30am five days a week. I WOULD find some trash for them to pick up, brush to clear, and if not able bodied? some damn stamps or envelopes to lick.

Food stamps and welfare without work? NOT A CHANCE! There is something you would be doing for that money, were I King......

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

if I were dictator you'd have lost your head yesterday.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Not everyone on food stamps is jobless. My understanding is that quite a few people on the program do have jobs, but also have a family and the paychecks they bring home just don't stretch far enough. Now of course I think it's a VERY bad idea to have a family if you can't provide, but I'd rather not see children go hungry because their parents are losers. Then there are those that get laid off without a decent amount in savings, those who get injured and really are unable to work. I'd rather see some dirt bags mooch off the system than a whole bunch of people go hungry who don't really deserve to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join