It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our local tough guys club! Submit to their personal laws or be tazed and hazed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by imagineering
Their conduct:
-Huge over reactions.
-Every scenario is treated as it is life or death. No balance, petty crimes are as good as felonies.
-Zero respect, they require all of the respect from the public, but offer none in return. Very boastful and oppressive.
-Hypocrites, I have seen police officers, speed excessively, tail gate, not wear their seat belt, litter, make wreck less maneuvers. Just to name a few.

Think about it -- who does this sound like?

If you've been watching the alternative and mainstream media over the last decade, what you're describing was standard-operating-procedure for the troops in the middle east. They were trained to suppress the civilian population and they went darkside from that point. Many of these troops have PTSD and more issues than you've ever seen -- that's why the suicide rate is so high. Many of these troops have come home and are now with the police.

Your particular miscreant may or may not have been a vet, but the odds are pretty good.

That is the last thing we need here, I already put up with all that stuff from the tough guy street gangsters running around this area. Its a terrrible thing when I begin viewing police officers with the same discretion as local gang members. Whenever a cop goes by me, I wonder now, what reason is he going to make up in his/her mind to stop me now?
Dear Police officer,
Please do your homework as respects to local laws and human rights. Next time I may hire a lawyer and have a media hay day!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

That is the last thing we need here, I already put up with all that stuff from the tough guy street gangsters running around this area. Its a terrible thing when I begin viewing police officers with the same discretion as local gang members. Whenever a cop goes by me, I wonder now, what reason is he going to make up in his/her mind to stop me now?

This gang-banger behavior has it's roots in the drug war so it goes quite far back. Several generations of police have been indoctrinated in the totally illegal "guilty until proven innocent" behavior that the Supreme Court let stand. The addition of out-of-control troops to an already corrupt police force just makes a bad situation even worse. BTW, I am a vet.

I recommend cameras for people in areas of out-of-control police. We can document their behavior and we can ID the perps. Dash cams (a big deal in Asia) are now being seen in larger numbers here. You can get hi-quality 1080P resolution in a dash cam for under $300. Many other types of wearable cams are available.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join