It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a couple ideas to make ATS better for the general user

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So, I like the ATS layout, in so much as you can see the top topics and the firehose (which is a brilliant addition). However, I think there are a couple more small improvements that could be made to make the whole site more enjoyable.

The ones that immediately come to mind are:
1. The ability to see when someone replies to a post of yours in a thread, and the ability to toggle that on or off.
2. A widget that lets you sub to certain posters and see when they post a new thread. Something like a virtual filing cabinet that is automatically updated in real time.

These seem like pretty common sense things, to me anyway.

Any chance of these becoming a reality?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

1. The ability to see when someone replies to a post of yours in a thread, and the ability to toggle that on or off.
2. A widget that lets you sub to certain posters and see when they post a new thread. Something like a virtual filing cabinet that is automatically updated in real time.

As to #1 go to your messages, and then hit Replies

As to #2....add those certain posters to your friend list and you can see when they post a new thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Oic.

They should be on a dashboard, still. Like, when you hit tools or go to your profile. I didn't know the messages>replies existed though. I stay away from the inbox as much as possible.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Mr Headshot

As to #1 go to your messages, and then hit Replies

As to #2....add those certain posters to your friend list and you can see when they post a new thread.

The problem with this description is that it only works if they specifically reply(hit the post reply) to the poster. If they simply hit the thread reply they do not show in your replies list in your messages section.
Edit to add: Even though you may have written the thread you still have to follow the thread for replies instead of using the replies section of your messages.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I have been on ATS a while (actually my second account since I can't remember my first from years back) and I never knew about the replies thing. So thank you for saying that no longer do I have to dig through threads to see if anyone has replied.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Guys, you should really check out my policies in my election to become ATS Regent, you've all got some great ideas that can change ATS for the good!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I would like to see an upgrade for the mobile site and if possible turn it into an app. That would be an improvement that the on the go members would benefit from, and me since im always on mobileATS lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by Just Chris

You have any policies for the minority ats members, AKA moble ATSer? Forgot about us didn't you... When I say 'us' I mean me because im probably the only mobile ATSer lol

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
I would like to see an upgrade for the mobile site and if possible turn it into an app. That would be an improvement that the on the go members would benefit from, and me since im always on mobileATS lol

An Application for iPhone and Android would be an excellent addition for the community. Something I would be very keen on getting involved in with the Superiors at ATS!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

your not the only mobile user, I have seen posts by others who post by mobile, although it is not as common.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by Just Chris

Its a shame that mobile ATS is so out dated that i wont be able to vote for you
joking, I can and will use the main site to vote when it becomes time. So far you have my vote as long as you stick to your guns

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i use both the mobile site and the regular site off my mobile. (depends on my internet speed) And i find that whenever i post on the mobile site, it dissapears from the list. kinda annoying waiting hours until i find better internet to check for an answer. I dont wanna nag you guys to fix the mobile site, but i think i might cos i know im not alone in using it. And i never will stop using it. Its basic its quick and its ats. Nuff said

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by OpinionatedB

yeah I see them too, im sure they agree with me on wanting an upgrade. This is something that needs done in general though it would be nice if the Regent, whom ever that shall be, was pulling for an upgrade aswell.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Reply to post by JarredAus

I would give you a star but you how it is on mobile.

Here you go (*) thats the best I can do lol

new topics

top topics

join