It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay activists visiting white house pics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted as I searched for it but couldn't find the link. I am not sure if it is legal or not but definitely not called for. The funny part is that whitehouse security even allowed folks to take pics of activists flipping birdies to past presidents is amazing regardless of political party disagreements and a person's political party preference. What message are we really passing to the next generation and the kids? People often forget just how lucky and fortunate they are that it is tolerated in the US unlike other countries.

Last Friday, an attaché of important gay people from Philadelphia made a trip to Washington D.C. as invited guests of President Barack Obama for the White House’s first-ever gay pride reception….some of them took advantage of photo opportunities to give the late President Ronald Reagan the middle finger.

Gay_Activists_At_White _House

edit on 22-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Haha Ronald and Bush deserve far more than birdies. If you even began to understood what they have done either directly (through actions and policies they supported) or indirectly (court nominations) to the rights of gays then you would understand where these people are coming from.

And lets not even go outside of the topic at hand, because there is a million other reasons to flip a bird at these two former presidents.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is something that happens with freedom of speech. Imagine if they pulled that crap in iran. And who cares if theyre gay?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
OHH NOOOSSS! There bees gay folk at the White House!

C'mon...who cares if gay folks went to the WH and who cares if they threw a bird to a painting? Hell, I'm not gay and I would make sure to flip a bird to the whole lot. Minus JFK.

I'll even make a wild bet and say that there may even be gay people that WORK at the WH!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya
"I'm not sure if this is even legal."

OF COURSE IT F**KING IS. It's not Kim Il-Sung's corpse in Pyongyang, it's a painting of a dead president in Washington D.C.
So is it legal in UK to flip one to the queen? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes. Yes it is. Bit impolite, sure, but certainly not a crime

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear12346
Haha Ronald and Bush deserve far more than birdies. If you even began to understood what they have done either directly (through actions and policies they supported) or indirectly (court nominations) to the rights of gays then you would understand where these people are coming from.

And lets not even go outside of the topic at hand, because there is a million other reasons to flip a bird at these two former presidents.

I do not deny that there are disagreements with voters and the POTUS (Current or Past) that we seldom find ourselves liking or disliking based on several factors. But do you think showing the disregard for the place itself for what it represents a wise thing? I couldn't care less about who the POTUS is but the white house is one of the most important symbol and monument that reprents the US tax payers. Isn't there any respect or code of conduct that folks should keep in mind for the place itself instead of the POTUS? The building has been around despite all the good and the bad POTUSs that it housed.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
This is something that happens with freedom of speech. Imagine if they pulled that crap in iran. And who cares if theyre gay?

Well definitely several other countries where this wouldn't even make it this far.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
OHH NOOOSSS! There bees gay folk at the White House!

C'mon...who cares if gay folks went to the WH and who cares if they threw a bird to a painting? Hell, I'm not gay and I would make sure to flip a bird to the whole lot. Minus JFK.

I'll even make a wild bet and say that there may even be gay people that WORK at the WH!

So would it be ok if someone goes to the church and behave any which way they please despite their belief system and/or the specific priest(s) that operate the church?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

A trifle disrespectful to the person who invited you to the White House, whatever you may think of the former presidents, surely....?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

If they were forced to fund the existance of the church through payroll deductions I would say they can act any way in which they choose, as long as it does not hurt anyone else.

The WH is their house as well. They paid for it as much as you or I. There are a lot of things they could of done that would really cause an outrage, but I see people flick the finger all the time and am not offended by it. Poor taste? Sure, but I would not go as far as to question it's legality.

Let's be honest here, this is not about a group of people flipping the bird to paintings. This is about a group of GAY people, invited by Obama, that flipped the bird to a picture of a dead president they politically disagreed with.

I would say that you need to grow some thicker skin. This sort of news story is fodder for so-called conservatives so they can keep them outraged at Obama and gays.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by hp1229

I would say that you need to grow some thicker skin. This sort of news story is fodder for so-called conservatives so they can keep them outraged at Obama and gays.
Trust me I'm very thick headed and skinned when it comes to many things in life. Just because it is collectively funded by the tax payer doesnt mean to disrespect the establishment that stands for something. Forget about the POTUS (past or present) that one disagrees with. I was only wondering about the legality of it since I wasn't sure. Thanx for that clarification.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Typical homosexuals at the inner city white house.... So predictable. Just like Sandusky. They try and say he wasn't a homosexual but he is the typical homosexual in America. GLADD / LGBT champion what Sandusky has done for the movement.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

edit on 6/23/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

I do not deny that there are disagreements with voters and the POTUS (Current or Past) that we seldom find ourselves liking or disliking based on several factors. But do you think showing the disregard for the place itself for what it represents a wise thing? I couldn't care less about who the POTUS is but the white house is one of the most important symbol and monument that reprents the US tax payers. Isn't there any respect or code of conduct that folks should keep in mind for the place itself instead of the POTUS? The building has been around despite all the good and the bad POTUSs that it housed.

What exactly does the White House stand for? I have never once heard people revere the white house as a symbol or ascribe to it some sort of deep meaning for America. Its always just the place the president lives. Thats it, its pretty, fun to look at, but not special. I mean its nowhere near the level of the statue of liberty, Lincoln memorial, or even the washington monument in terms of special meaning. Plus, even if the white house were speical, its not like defaced it or something. If you think its ok to disrespect the POTUS past or present, why does it matter where it happened?
edit on 23-6-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am not the least bit concerned about a widely publicized group of anythings but the male prostitute that signed in on one day and out the next over a 100 times still has me more than curious.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The white house isn't a church and is not a religious institution, so please stop pretending it is.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
reply to post by hp1229

The white house isn't a church and is not a religious institution, so please stop pretending it is.
It isn't however it is a famous landmark as for as US is concerned and it represents US internationally. I know it is not a church nor a religious institution. I am not pretending anything.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No class. BTW .. from what I have read, the Reagans were NOT homophobic.
I bet they had no clue about the Reagans and just thought it was cool to flip off a dead republican.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join