It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become God.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's much more simple than this.. Existence is the entire spectrum from the ground up to the highest levels. All you need to realize that you are GOD is to realize Existence itself is GOD. Hence, you are of existence and you are thus of GOD...Literally! So that makes you, me, and everyone GOD.

Or, you just need the opinion of considering yourself GOD...If you believe it by opinion alone, that makes you GOD.

Double OR:

Just invoke Solipsism and win! Hence the universe and all you bastards are just projections of my own imagination and mind to where I even convinced myself you are real. Thus having this discussion is merely my own split personalities talking to each other. Simply put, I am talking to myself here
Now prove me wrong! Well, I am sure some of me will argue myself wrong for the amusement, or because parts of me are in denial of I being all there is

edit on 30-7-2012 by TheJackelantern because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by smithjustinb

As long as your in the third dimension, You cannot achieve the level of the 4th+ or even 'God' for that matter....Pun intended.

Probably true. Wish not.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That's what Lucifer tried to do. It didn't work out so well for him at all. Maybe what you mean is we can advance ourselves threw cooperation. But God. Naaa, I think there's only one and I think he's not going anywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Sometimes it helps to know where "Lucifer comes from" :

matt-mattjwest.newsvine.com...

Just scroll down to where I discuss it
.. Kind of funny how Christianity steals from other religions to assimilate them like the BORG.. It's how Christianity has developed and survived in the face of competing religions. It's the only religion btw that requires and teaches people to be literally ignorant of their own religion and it's actual history.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJackelantern
reply to post by r2d246

Sometimes it helps to know where "Lucifer comes from" :

matt-mattjwest.newsvine.com...

Just scroll down to where I discuss it
.. Kind of funny how Christianity steals from other religions to assimilate them like the BORG.. It's how Christianity has developed and survived in the face of competing religions. It's the only religion btw that requires and teaches people to be literally ignorant of their own religion and it's actual history.

Okay I read all that. Looks interesting. But the argument looks very weak. Like I understand some of it but some doesn't make any sense. I think also it's very biased, so therefor quoting stuff that's written by other atheists as a reference holds no water. But ultimiately, as with a lot of things to turn to reference material is not gonna solve anything. All you have to do is look around and ask yourself... is there evil in the world, and if so then how did it come to be? So ultimately what that boils down to is if you believe the bible or not. Which again boils down to the idea that if there's nothing after we die then it won't matter. But if there is a God and you didn't prepare or get saved when you had the chance then you're going to hell. And if you don't believe that it's just like any other choice you make in life that you ultimate end up responsible for. Like I've had a lot of instances where I believe this or that was from God or even from the devil. But neither being is gonna knock at my door and introduce themselves. That would eliminate us having to have any measure of faith. So when you have faith in the creator your at ease with that choice and you can rest easy in your spirit regarding the things to come. But my thought is that if you don't then you might harbor some level of anxiety over what's to come. At least that's how I once was before I decided to get saved. But again, I'm not gonna convince you or you me so it's a fruitless debate.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Do you know what the difference is between the cell of a single celled organism and a cell of multi-celled organism? There are all kinds of different single celled organisms and there are all kinds of cells in a multi-celled organism. The differences are these.

1) Organization

Every cell of a multi-celled organism serves its own specific function and cooperates with every other cell in order to perform this function.

2) Serving the whole

Every cell of a multi-celled organism does not exist for its own purpose, but for the purpose of the greater collective. A cell in a multi-celled organism will even go as far as killing itself to preserve the integrity of the whole.

3) Communication

Cells of multi-celled organisms are probably the most effective communicators of all the animal kingdom. Communication is reserved for communicating duties that should be performed from on cell to another in order to serve to the whole.

In order to become something greater than yourself, you have to form a bond of incessant service to a greater collective. It can be done. Is it a better life? Is a human better than its cells? Do you think that a cell experiences life from the perspective of a cell? No way. In order to be as effective of a communicator as it is and in order to stay so devoted to the purpose of the all, it has to be able to experience the world from a perspective far greater than itself.

The variety of organisms here on earth aren't arbitrary forms who have nothing to do with each other. We are an ecosystem. Albeit, most of us don't consciously participate in our ecosystem, we are still bound by a common purpose. That purpose is the survival of not just ourselves, but the survival of the Earth where we live and the Earth that we are. I think we have a long way to go before dogs and cats start participating in the survival of the Earth, but as humans, who do this already, we should increase the degree in which we do this, and lead by example. The first multi-celled organisms were not complex. they were made up of a group of almost all the same type of cell. But as time went on, more kinds of multi-celled organisms started emerging and then, after that, more complex multi-celled organisms constituted of various kinds of cells started emerging.

All it would take for you to become God is for each of us to become God together. Serving others is the only thing that matters. Once we achieve this caliber of service, we will effectively be looking at the world from a much greater perspective. One not our own, but God's perspective..

So, to have God's perspective makes you God?

You need to refine your theory a bit...otherwise, I do agree with SOME of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Okay I read all that. Looks interesting. But the argument looks very weak. Like I understand some of it but some doesn't make any sense.

You seem to be the only one you can't seem to understand it, and how interesting it is for someone to take a very simple concept and claim to not comprehend it.. Pretending to be stupid isn't a very good form of argument :/ Maybe you can quote for us what it is you did not comprehend that everyone else hadn't had a problem with understanding.

I think also it's very biased, so therefor quoting stuff that's written by other atheists as a reference holds no water.

Sorry, I wrote that article and used quotes to highlight things and to quote other source material.. And it holds water, I suggest you actually research the subject since those whom had done it for you wasn't good enough for you.. There is no bias in stating facts other than the facts themselves are inherently biased.. You're basically complaining because it doesn't conform to your religious ideology to which clearly has been constructed of the backs of others. The taking of the Pagan beliefs and the Goddess of Venus and making it evil in the Bible as an evil character is one of the many ways Christianity used assimilation as a means to consume and destroy other religious beliefs such as Paganism. Hell, it's a tactic used in businesses where you buy out your competition and then dissolve them.

But ultimiately, as with a lot of things to turn to reference material is not gonna solve anything.

Actually it does solve what Christianity is and why Lucifer is a fictional character stolen from Paganism.

All you have to do is look around and ask yourself... is there evil in the world, and if so then how did it come to be?

This is really easy to answer. You can only live in a quantized existence where the base rules are positive, negative, and neutral.. Negative things happen because they can.

So ultimately what that boils down to is if you believe the bible or not. Which again boils down to the idea that if there's nothing after we die then it won't matter.

There can never be nothing after you die. Nothing can't ever actually exist. In fact, if there was no conscious entities, existence would still exist and persist without you, me, or any conscious entity. Existence doesn't require you to exist, you require it to exist. Hence, your logic is backwards... As in, a conscious state can't exist without cause and thus when you die, those processes and systems that made you simply just stop serving that function or purpose. Hence, you still technically exist even if you're dead. to give you an idea, it's like turning your computer off and understanding why windows desktop ceases to display on your computer monitor. That image was an emergent property of the processes that made it... Same concept when the human brain dies, or even when you lose consciousness when pulling 7 G's to where you G-lock. See video below for a demonstration:

www.youtube.com...

But if there is a God and you didn't prepare or get saved when you had the chance then you're going to hell.

Not only is this a poor attempt to prey on human weaknesses such as fear to brainwash someone to join in fear, it's also riding on the worst argument known as Pascals Wager.. Easily defeated by just realizing that if anything is GOD, it would be existence itself since that is what actually governs everything, and literally is that of everything. So if you worship existence, it's all inclusive and thus you would have every belief in and of existence covered! Win Win!.. After all, what is GOD without existence?

And if you don't believe that it's just like any other choice you make in life that you ultimate end up responsible for.

Sorry, a true choice can't be made without omniscience, or infinitely knowing everything that would involve making an actual true choice. And since people, nor any entity can be omniscient, choices are for the most part guesses, and the better ones being informed guesses. So you let me know when your deity will grant me omniscience so I can make a real choice, and not one pushed through the preying on ignorance.

Like I've had a lot of instances where I believe this or that was from God or even from the devil. But neither being is gonna knock at my door and introduce themselves.

Good indication of fictional characters. I don't expect a Pixie fairy to either, or an imaginary friend. And again, there is no specific character in the bible called the devil, or Satan for that matter... Satan in your bible only means to appose, or that which apposes your religion..No different in how you are evil child molester in the eyes of scientologists for apposing their religion.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

That would eliminate us having to have any measure of faith.

Faith is nothing more than blind hope... You can have all the faith there could ever be, but truth and reality could care less how much faith you have, or what you believe.. None of that will ever change fact into something fictional just because you want to believe it as such to hold on to your own mythology, religion, fallacies, fantasies, or imaginary friends ects.. In the end, it is what is factual that matters and that which actually has relevance.. such as this:

The only GOD to existence is existence itself as anything in and of it would be ruled by it, governed by it, and an emergent property of it... This is regardless if something emerges from conscious processes/influence, unconscious processes/influence, or both unconscious and conscious processes.. And since consciousness can't exist without cause, the best answer you can possibly get is "both" since it all begins with existence first..

So all I needed to do here to make me and everyone here GOD was acknowledge that existence itself is GOD and thus anything in and of existence is thus of GOD. You can't get any higher on the GOD totem pole than existence itself. And that isn't something that can be created since you can't create anything without it. When you apply infinite regress, the concept of GOD becomes utterly moot to where everything is GOD.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You seem to be the only one *who can't seem to understand it

Fixed

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The thing about "evil" is that just being a human makes you qualify as being "evil". You can deny that all you want, but you'd be lying to yourself. Now, it seems that the only way to salvation is to realize that you don't need salvation and that its okay to be your self with all the natural "evils" that come along with it. The nature of existence is dualistic. God is all. That includes good and evil. Good and evil are irrelevant. All that matters is that you grow. And guess what. Growth is on auto pilot. So all you have to do is just be.

Christians strongly believe that the world we live in is messed up and needs to be changed and people need to be "saved". This is why I'll never be a Chrisitian. God made the world as it is. Therefore, the only real opposition (Satanic belief) to God is believing that God's creation is less than perfect. Therefore, all Chrisitians unknowingly support Satan.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serenity777

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Do you know what the difference is between the cell of a single celled organism and a cell of multi-celled organism? There are all kinds of different single celled organisms and there are all kinds of cells in a multi-celled organism. The differences are these.

1) Organization

Every cell of a multi-celled organism serves its own specific function and cooperates with every other cell in order to perform this function.

2) Serving the whole

Every cell of a multi-celled organism does not exist for its own purpose, but for the purpose of the greater collective. A cell in a multi-celled organism will even go as far as killing itself to preserve the integrity of the whole.

3) Communication

Cells of multi-celled organisms are probably the most effective communicators of all the animal kingdom. Communication is reserved for communicating duties that should be performed from on cell to another in order to serve to the whole.

In order to become something greater than yourself, you have to form a bond of incessant service to a greater collective. It can be done. Is it a better life? Is a human better than its cells? Do you think that a cell experiences life from the perspective of a cell? No way. In order to be as effective of a communicator as it is and in order to stay so devoted to the purpose of the all, it has to be able to experience the world from a perspective far greater than itself.

The variety of organisms here on earth aren't arbitrary forms who have nothing to do with each other. We are an ecosystem. Albeit, most of us don't consciously participate in our ecosystem, we are still bound by a common purpose. That purpose is the survival of not just ourselves, but the survival of the Earth where we live and the Earth that we are. I think we have a long way to go before dogs and cats start participating in the survival of the Earth, but as humans, who do this already, we should increase the degree in which we do this, and lead by example. The first multi-celled organisms were not complex. they were made up of a group of almost all the same type of cell. But as time went on, more kinds of multi-celled organisms started emerging and then, after that, more complex multi-celled organisms constituted of various kinds of cells started emerging.

All it would take for you to become God is for each of us to become God together. Serving others is the only thing that matters. Once we achieve this caliber of service, we will effectively be looking at the world from a much greater perspective. One not our own, but God's perspective..

So, to have God's perspective makes you God?

If you could see out of my eyes and feel what I feel, would that not make you me?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJackelantern

That would eliminate us having to have any measure of faith.

Faith is nothing more than blind hope... You can have all the faith there could ever be, but truth and reality could care less how much faith you have, or what you believe.. None of that will ever change fact into something fictional just because you want to believe it as such to hold on to your own mythology, religion, fallacies, fantasies, or imaginary friends ects.. In the end, it is what is factual that matters and that which actually has relevance.. such as this:

The only GOD to existence is existence itself as anything in and of it would be ruled by it, governed by it, and an emergent property of it... This is regardless if something emerges from conscious processes/influence, unconscious processes/influence, or both unconscious and conscious processes.. And since consciousness can't exist without cause, the best answer you can possibly get is "both" since it all begins with existence first..

So all I needed to do here to make me and everyone here GOD was acknowledge that existence itself is GOD and thus anything in and of existence is thus of GOD. You can't get any higher on the GOD totem pole than existence itself. And that isn't something that can be created since you can't create anything without it. When you apply infinite regress, the concept of GOD becomes utterly moot to where everything is GOD.

You are right that God is the whole of existence. But in your experience, you are not. You only experience you as an individual. You don't experience you as what you really are- the all, so it seems appropriate that you can't go on living a lie for eternity. One day you will experience you as the all and your individual self will be something that you would willingly cease for the betterment of the whole- like Jesus did.

Compassion is the beginning of this higher form of experience. All is the self, true, but you are a long way from completely experiencing your self as the all. We are growing, though, so just relax and be patient. We have eternity to perfect this state. One day, though, it will happen. We will fully know ourselves and be as Gods.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are almost there. Really we have to realize that we are already. We have to work backwards from the division made long ago. We are on the same page though.

Well done.

S&f

We are as one

Edit:
Source consciousness is self aware in humanity once again. We are unstopable.

edit on 11-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

You are almost there. Really we have to realize that we are already. We have to work backwards from the division made long ago. We are on the same page though.

Well done.

S&f

I just starred your post on "The theory of subatomic consciousness".

We are already. But we don't see it that way. Serving others is a neccessary prerequisite of seeing ourselves, in a practical way, as God.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The force of love is to source consciousness like molecular cohesion is to matter. The bond that makes it all possible.

We will never be alone or divided again. This cycle is the one where we come together. Gathering has reached critical mass and we will not be scattered after the reset.

I truly know this....we do.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Don't forget to dance. The Goddess likes to dance.

Yes, She does! And She fills you with Love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join