It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is Yahweh, Part 2. What he himself has said, and the Christophanies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
true that, and we are even told of a few in the Bible. The Apostle Paul and the Prophet Daniel come to mind.
I fully believe it is possible for believers to experience out of body phenomenon, however the difference is the motive.

BINGO! God knows our motives and everything else about us. (MY belief anyways)

Ian Clayton has these bizarre experiences just like Philip did in the NT and once he wanted to bring back some physical proof which seems harmless enough. God saw WHY he wanted the proof apparently and told him to put it down or he would never go on another journey. Video below:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

God saw WHY he wanted the proof apparently and told him to put it down or he would never go on another journey.

Anything from above like an object, is not allowed to come here. Even when the angels return above, they must change garments before they enter the gates.
edit on 22-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

On the other hand there are many who have left their body and visited Heaven in their spirit.

The best example is Paul, and it took him a long time to realize it.

2 Cor. 12:4 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows. And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows. was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Akragon
Its a shame christians can't see the seperation between the Father and the Son...

They are not one and the same...

:shk:

It's shame you can't see that it was Yeshua there all along. The Father is Spirit even Yeshua said so, those were physical manifestations of God. No eyes, no ears.

Jesus is NOT God my friend, that might be your belief but it has no scriptural basis... other then your own religion reading into what he actually said...

The Father is not the same as the son... they are "one" but separate entities...

but feel free to deny the Father... and call his son a liar. Makes no difference to me...

All anyone has to do is read the gospels...

find out who Jesus said was greater then he...

Find out who did "the work" he did...

And please don't bother posting the usual passages, i know them all... every arguement you have that says Jesus was God... Been there done that too many times...

Its a pointless arguement for people that are blinded by their religion

:shk:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
So god gave birth to himself?

I'm confused.

No, Theos begets Theos. As human begets human. I do not believe the Bible EVER says God is ONE person.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Opportunia because: grammar

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Thats right...

Not three in one... ONE and ONLY...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

A good example of this is Dr. Percy Collett who wanted desperately to see Heaven so he fasted and prayed for many years: "Let me see your glory." He had several visions of Heaven but he wanted to actually GO there. His prayer was finally answered and he was taken to Heaven.

You actually believe this? The guy was a nutcase, based simply on his fasting and praying for such a thing....

His "prayer" was finally answered? I'm thinking he finally got delirious -- or neurotic -- enough to imagine he was taken there. Can you say "power of persuasion"?
The more I read these forums, the more I think there are some very, very delusional folks around. I have prayed to be a cat for a day (at about 10 years old), I have "asked" to be abducted by aliens (more recently), I have tried to telepathically "connect" with persons far from me (but still living)....none of it happened...but I wasn't about to starve myself and obsess about it...

what I know for sure is that my father, who died approaching two years ago, is often in my dreams. It is a wonderful experience, and has helped me overcome my grief at his physical death.....

and, I can draw a map of my dream world, too, like Dr Collett.

I just feel that those who are "brand new" Christians (adults who were converted by crises), who have endured terrible things that led to a radical personality change in beliefs, need to do some more serious soul-searching (and possibly get into therapy). And those who are long-term Christians (!!) touting absolute nonsensical dogma, need to take a long break from it and do some open-minded seeking.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
what about other religions and folks from those paths claiming to have experienced God?

i think christianity was specificaLly designed for jews to take an easy path to God. sacrificing animals, trying to follow 800 some odd rules.

i dont know. i just know if i want to get to a place, that i can get there from various positions

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

what I know for sure is that my father, who died approaching two years ago, is often in my dreams. It is a wonderful experience, and has helped me overcome my grief at his physical death.....

May I ask, how do you know it was of a dream?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

May I ask, how do you know it was of a dream?

How was what of a dream?

I actually think dreams are a real existence in another dimension....he is there when I dream of him, young, healthy, happy, and totally himself. That's enough for me. I am no atheist. I believe in an afterlife (actually, an eternal life), and when I talk to my dad in dreams, it is him....no question in my mind.

I think there is far too much we still don't know to claim there is or is not a God. But we are all part of something permanent, and infinite. We are all connected. That's all I need to know about Universal Truths.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

How was what of a dream?

You speaking to your dad. When most speak this way, they are brought to the center to speak.

Does that answer your question?

Yes

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

When most speak this way, they are brought to the center to speak.

The center of what? Sorry, you lost me, jhill....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by jhill76

When most speak this way, they are brought to the center to speak.

The center of what? Sorry, you lost me, jhill....

Between here and heaven.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I'm still not following....sorry. Between heaven and earth? Okay, I can go with that....but, is it me in between? Or him?
I don't really understand what you're talking about, though.

All I know (and I'm a middle-aged adult) is that he is there, and before he died I had asked him to please let me know where he was in case I didn't see him again....so I could find him. And I believe he has done that....there are also physical things -- like his watch (which my mom gave me after he died) moving ahead a few seconds (once right after he died, and again, more recently).

edit on 23-6-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

there are also physical things -- like his watch (which my mom gave me after he died) moving ahead a few seconds (once right after he died, and again, more recently).

I am glad you said this, this confirms it was not a dream.

I'm still not following....sorry. Between heaven and earth? Okay, I can go with that....but, is it me in between? Or him? I don't really understand what you're talking about, though.

I would have to see where your dad is at currently to give the correct answer. Can we take this to private message.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I believe he is saying, those are not dreams...

Or

Dreams are more then just dreams...

I don't know.... Jhill flips my brain...

Edit: Yay for psychic vibes...

edit on 23-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Jesus is nothing like the god of the old testament. Jehovah comes off as a partial douchebag alien. Unless he went to some clinic to get anger management help before incarnating as the Christ. If you want to understand what Christ means he says "I am he" or "I am God" you have to understand the vedic concept of god consciousness. And to the people who insist he didn't say he was god you're lying to yourselves. It's pretty clear he did say it. It's just the Christain understanding of it is nonsense to say the very least. Brahman is all there is, nothing is not Brahman. Christ realized himself as god and precieves himself as God. Nearly every realized jnana yogi has spoken in that same manner that "i am he" , " I am brahman " "God and I are one". Jnana means to know and experience Brahman (the Absolute) as one's own self.
edit on 23-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

And to the people who insist he didn't say he was god you're lying to yourselves. It's pretty clear he did say it.

Nope... he didn't say it... He knew better...

He always refered to one that is greater...

There is a slight issue with buddhist thinking, we are not God(s)... only parts of him...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

And to the people who insist he didn't say he was god you're lying to yourselves. It's pretty clear he did say it.

There is a slight issue with buddhist thinking, we are not God(s)... only parts of him...

facepalm.. you know one of the reasons they killed them is because he claimed to be God?
"The Father and I are one."
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God." Do we see Christ correct anyone here?
Also Thomas refers to Christ as "My lord and my God" Again Christ doesn't correct him. Titus 2:13 says Our God and our saviour.. referring to Christ
There are no pieces of God. It is under the veil of maya that one sees any separation. The existence is one.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

facepalm.. you know one of the reasons they killed them is because he claimed to be God?
"The Father and I are one."
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God." Do we see Christ correct anyone here?

There are no pieces of God. It is under the veil of maya that one sees any separation. The existence is one.

Yes!! We do see a cprrection here...

IF...

You keep reading the chapter....

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Notice a question mark in the part i underlined?

He quesitons them because he NEVER ONCE... claimed to be God... Only the Son of God... he said that many times...

And they the reason they killed him that you speak of, is because in Judaic law... any reference to God is forbidden...

ever notice jewish people write God like this... G-d They can't even write the word, let alone say they are from God.... especially the son of said God.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join