It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im sorry america but this has to be said!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

you say bully, but i have to disagree, bully's use violence or abuse as a way to feel better about themselves or are products of sh*tty parenting, they don't bully to keep the peace, not agreeing with you or disagreeing i would just use more fitting metaphors in the future, it will help more people understand your opinion in the future.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
The cold war is dead, yet the United States, by virtue of strong economy and military might, continues to police the world, deciding whether the policies of another nation are morally sound.

Like the school bully, America balls its fist, threatening violence, all in the name of peace!

As the most powerful hypocrite in the world, the United States arms the oppressed, unil they become the oppressors. Isreal, South korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Taiwan - how many more must die before the United States realizes that the threat of violence only leads to more violence?

That tyranny, disguised by the best intentions, is still tyranny???

Have at it!

I live in the U.S. and our Military is an ALL VOLUNTEER FORCE. No one is required to serve and due to the extreme nature of High Tech. Weapons Systems...getting in to one of the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces is tough! A simple High School Diploma is not enough and the U.S. Military looks for Men and Women who have at least an Associates Degree.
This means we have Grunts who serve with a College Degree! The U.S. Military Equipment is all Super Computer Networked and even a Marine in the field is now using Visual and Computer Guided Systems that are attached to their Protective Glasses which allows each Soldier to know the position of every other Soldier in their Platoon or which ever size group they are patrolling in. In constant communication to each other as well as being able to choose between multiple settings including one setting that is connected to U.S. Satellites.

We are a Nation that has members of EVERY NATION ON EARTH as our population. It is a STRENGTH not a weakness. The U.S. Military is Battle Hardened as well as Lean and Highly Mobile. After learning the lessons of the Cold War in which the U.S. bankrupted the Soviet Union as even though we spend much money on our Military...$1.3 TRILLION last year...it is but less than 8.9% of our GNP or Gross National Product. Even though our Economy is in a state of Mild Recovery...it is still the Largest Economy on Earth and Larger than even China...a Country with close to 2 Billion People...as the U.S. Population is a bit over 300 Million People and current studies done by the U.S., Japan and China show that the U.S. Worker is the Most Productive in the World. Japan has recognized this and the U.S. builds more TOYOTAS than Japan or any other County on Earth.

The reality is that a Country of this Power both Military and Economic...Drives World Markets. As the U.S. Economy Goes...so does the rest of the World and the U.S. Navy makes sure Shipping Lanes are safe for everyone.

As far as Iran goes...they are playing with fire...as far as China...there is no real threat to the U.S. Military as the Chinese are Decades behind....and as far as Russia....again...no real threat there either. Russian Military Hardware is in such a poor state of repair that it is estimated that over 80% of Russian Tanks, Troop Carriers as well as Choppers and self propelled Missile Launchers are unusable. Russia still has Nuclear Weapons but even some of these are in a poor state of readiness. China purchased an Old Soviet Design Carrier for Naval Training but that is all that carrier is good for. So...YES...the U.S. Military...especially since we now have a WORKING ABM SYSTEM known as the SM-3 aboard every Aegis Cruiser...is now in the process of installing the Free Electron Laser System...Nuclear Powered aboard every U.S. Carrier and Aegis Class Cruiser. There are two land versions already deployed. This will allow the U.S. TOTAL CONTROL of every Military on Earth. HEY!...at least it is the U.S. and not some other country! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well your problem here is obvious. It wasn't other Euro nations you needed to worry about for the better part of 4 decades. It was the Soviet Union. For better or worse, our military presence kept their influence on the other side of the Iron Curtain so that you could live free of their influence. Do you think you would have preferred that over a few McDonalds sprouting up in your cities?

Originally posted by CB328

If it wasn't for America projecting it's strength, Europe would have had to keep up their own military forces

No, because Europeans aren't stupid and cruel enough to waste money and lives fighting each other any more (well most of them).

edit on 23-6-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If one american in the united states think karma wont come to this country a 1,000 times worst,your mistaken.'laugh now cry later',i cant wait !

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
If one american in the united states think karma wont come to this country a 1,000 times worst,your mistaken.'laugh now cry later',i cant wait !

We're crying now, believe me.
Look who our "leader" is.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"A 1,000 times worst" and 100% true. That's why you're the last prophet.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Then I guess you better hope there is such a thing as karma and it cares about your dumb opinion.

Because if you are wrong... I guess you're #ed huh?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ok so this post went a little wrong!

i did not mean to start a freaking argument!

What i said had to be said! i have nothing against americans!, i have nothing against anyone in the world!

What i have beef with is the american government thinking its the best there is!

what makes them think they are the ones to run the world!

" someone needs to have a backbone " was a reply to my op

yeah give one to yourself and tell everyone you know to do the same! if a nation sits back and waits for its leader to do something then that nation are weak! stand up!

I know you all think im anti american! im not anti american, im anti asshole!!! think about it!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
The cold war is dead, yet the United States, by virtue of strong economy and military might, continues to police the world, deciding whether the policies of another nation are morally sound.

Like the school bully, America balls its fist, threatening violence, all in the name of peace!

As the most powerful hypocrite in the world, the United States arms the oppressed, unil they become the oppressors. Isreal, South korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Taiwan - how many more must die before the United States realizes that the threat of violence only leads to more violence?

That tyranny, disguised by the best intentions, is still tyranny???

Have at it!

Hmmmmm......

I see more America Bashing.

No other Nation arms ANY other Nation,by your simplistic views......
Just America. Only America. No other Nation,produces weapons,goes to War,or has its best intrests at heart. None......

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The cold war is dead, yet the United States, by virtue of strong economy and military might, continues to police the world, deciding whether the policies of another nation are morally sound. Like the school bully, America balls its fist, threatening violence, all in the name of peace!

So how does that explain Syria?

Russia,China,Iran,Turkey are trying to police the world with boots on the ground and supplying weapons for war.

Who is the bully agian?

Seems to me those "Evil rebels" are getting bullied from the likes those threatening violence, and delivering death to them.

False moral equivocation that doesn't really fly.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The biggest problem is most don't realize how small our planet really is! If we could get most to realize that from where they stand to the center of earth is only 3,950 miles, and that from one side of the planet to the other is only 7,900 plus or minus 27 miles! We may be able to agree on more cooperation! The drive from Miami to Seattle is almost (450 mi shorter), the same distance to the center of Earth!...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

You certainly have a right to your opinion and ability to post it....at least in SOME COUNTRIES!

This is at the heart of the matter and the one Giant Hole in your logic. You have made the mistake of believing that Freedom of this nature does not come without a PRICE. It does. Many people have died to protect your rights. But the battle never ends...at least for now.

If you were living in China or a whole host of other countries...your ability to post anything is either subject to censorship in the extreme or just not allowed. The Chinese Internet is Filtered to such a point that there is no true ability to debate between themselves or others in the World anything that involves Human Rights.

It is true that the U.S. and the U.S. Military are at a power level so vast in advance of any other Group of Countries never mind just one....that it seems Imperialistic. But the alternatives are a 1000 Times worse. Just ask a few Kids who were building a Statue that looked a bit like the State of Liberty in Tiananmen Square....OOPS! I FORGOT! THEY ARE ALL DEAD! There is no one left to ask!
Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join