It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im sorry america but this has to be said!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You're right, but the Americans are the victims, just listen to all the Americans on ATS, they'll tell you. They don't ruin the world, they're just the victims of global bullying.

You cannot state the facts without being anti-American, because truth itself is anti-American

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

The world is like the innerworkings of a clock. Every peice works together. Remove a critical part and the clock stops.

Think of the chain reactions that would take place should the united states disengage from every country and stop out financial support of other countries.

It would turn into chaos - beginning in the poorer countries, and then working it's way into the richer countries.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

Your financial support? You mean Israel?

Many nations donate to poorer nations, this is not an exclusively American ideal. And although nations may financially assist poorer nations, it is a fraction of the costs America spends on attacking and invading other nations.

Financial "support" comes at a cost, with bribery for access to land for military use, oil, metals, all kinds of things. While the USA might give a little cash to Pakistan, they're still bombing people in their country without evidence, charges and answerable to no one. People are still living in poverty, people are still dying of curable diseases, and American companies are still profiteering from it too.

I like your analogy of the world being a clock. However, your own sentiments seem to suggest that you believe that the USA is the entire inner workings of that clock.

Here's another for you - America is a cog in that clock, but the world has gone digital.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

will be begging us to return as countries begin ripping each other apart.

This is by far the dumbest thing i have ever heared of in my life, and on the ats.

yellow bus with helmet most definetly.

It's amazing that you call what I said dumb, but give no reasons as to why it is dumb... just a null statement. Furthermore, you then go on to insult retarded people?

Wow - you are a smart one who's light shines bright aren't you?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

The world is like the innerworkings of a clock. Every peice works together. Remove a critical part and the clock stops.

Think of the chain reactions that would take place should the united states disengage from every country and stop out financial support of other countries.

It would turn into chaos - beginning in the poorer countries, and then working it's way into the richer countries.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

Your financial support? You mean Israel?

Many nations donate to poorer nations, this is not an exclusively American ideal. And although nations may financially assist poorer nations, it is a fraction of the costs America spends on attacking and invading other nations.

Financial "support" comes at a cost, with bribery for access to land for military use, oil, metals, all kinds of things. While the USA might give a little cash to Pakistan, they're still bombing people in their country without evidence, charges and answerable to no one. People are still living in poverty, people are still dying of curable diseases, and American companies are still profiteering from it too.

I like your analogy of the world being a clock. However, your own sentiments seem to suggest that you believe that the USA is the entire inner workings of that clock.

Here's another for you - America is a cog in that clock, but the world has gone digital.

I would not be so arogant as to say that the US is the entire inner workings of the clock, but they are, as of now, a critical part.

I am not saying the USA is the most awesome nation on the planet - and I'll most certainly be the first to say that we have some serious problems that need to be addressed promptly (including our war happy mentality).

However we do protect, serve, and give more than any nation on the planet - that is a fact that can be easily looked up and researched.

We DO have bad points, like any nation, We DO have problems.

But to say, like the OP, that the USA is sticking our nose in other's business is partly true, but also partly non true.

If someone is going to make a statement like that, it should really be objective and critical. To slander an entire nation, while not observing or recognizing its positive side is dumb.

I could say that all Muslim countries are backward, 3rd world countries with nothing but horrible people who stone their children and kill anyone who doesn't worship their god. But that would be wrong. They also have a rich culture, a lot of kindness, an abundance of family life and tradition, who are extremly misunderstood due to propaganda of the richer countries who are comfortable in their warm houses, while never having to experience the savagery of war and violence.

I could also say that Christians are some of the most judgemental people on the planet, who use their blind faith to ridicule homosexuals, and other religions. But that would also be wrong, because there are many Christians who are not that way, give a lot of their time to minority causes, are tollerant of other religions while still expressing their faith.

There are always two sides to every coin, and to focus only on one side is narrow minded and simple.

I do not, and will never make statments without first considering all sides. I am not like that. I desire harmony, and balance to my world - and recognize both faults and failures of my country, and others.

Right now the USA's involvement in other countries has benefits that, in my observation, outweigh the cons. Once I start to see that as untrue I will be the first to be openly criticle of my country.

I will always love my country - just not the leaders or polocies they try to enforce.

Also many countries ASK for our support. We could not just go into other countries without the support of MAJOR decision makers like the UN and the like. Or we would have already been invaded and defeated by the entire world.
edit on 22-6-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
One of the USA's last bastions of manufacturing is Weapons systems.

Detroit auto makers are hurting badly, but weapons sales are at an all time high. Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and all the other military manufacturers are making massive profits right now.

American has been empire building since World War II, but due to the massive lobbying done by weapons manufacturers, it's not likely we will see any reduction in this any time soon.

Of course, the media makes sure that the average American thinks that any cuts to military spending is "unpatriotic" and means that you're "not supporting the military".

My question is this. If there are about 2.8 million military personnel between active and reserve forces, and only 500,000 serving overseas, what are 2.3 million military personnel doing inside the United States?

Actually, it's about 2.25 mil active duty and reserve total force. 1.4 or so is active duty, 847,000 in reserves, give or take.

As far as what they are doing, the reserves are working in their civilian jobs (unless activated), raising families, doing their drill weekends or any scheduled training and living life like anyone else.

Active duty is basically doing the same, training, raising famlies, doing whatever their assigned task or job is at their duty station.

What did you expect them to be "doing"?

Military spending does need to be cut and is being cut.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes, America does in fact have a strong economy, regardless of what the trolls relentlessly spout off on here. Americas economy isn't strong compared to what? Your empire on a civilization game?

Our economy is so strong, we gave a lot of it away and it's still strong. Some people probably think America has no manufacturing industry left, these same people probably drive by factories everyday on their way to work at a convenience store.
edit on 22-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Yep. I agree. The very first thing Americans need to do is demand that the federal government stop allocating foreign aid in both financial aid and military assistance. In the fiscal year of 2010 the U.S. gave a whopping total of $52.7 billion dollars to foreign countries, presumably to ensure those people in foreign countries could exercise their rights, including the freedom of expression. I'm all for freedom of expression, and I spent a great deal of time fighting for the universal unalienable rights of all people, but I am dead set against funding other countries, for what ever the reason.

Time to stand on your own two feet Scotland and other nations. Stop holding your hands out like greedy little pigs and clean up your own messes. The United States has enough messes of their own to clean up.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Someone has to have a backbone in this world of corruption and violence. The United States has to keep control of places like Iran and other terroristic / unstable countries around the world. Imagine if we just let Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea, Cuba, Russia, China just do whatever they wanted?

Someone needs to keep countries in check, just like China and Russia will keep the United States in check. It's a very wobbly balance but it works, whatever country is the next super power of the world will have to deal with the same thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Another anti-american thread.
*sigh*

Alright.

*shakes fist at America*

"You stupid, stupid-heads!"

There.

Am I trendy now?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Of course, the media makes sure that the average American thinks that any cuts to military spending is "unpatriotic" and means that you're "not supporting the military".

I personally don't think it's unpatriotic, but it is really stupid to cut funding from the military. Being the super power almost every country hates the United States, if the United States drops its guard I'm sure lots of other countries will be willing to take the chance and strike. Weakness is something a country cannot afford.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ShrewdThinking

I personally don't think it's unpatriotic, but it is really stupid to cut funding from the military. Being the super power almost every country hates the United States, if the United States drops its guard I'm sure lots of other countries will be willing to take the chance and strike. Weakness is something a country cannot afford.

Because of the 2nd Amendment, and in spite of the gun control legislation existing under the guise of "well regulated militia", the U.S. has never ever been successfully invaded by any foreign military. Attacked a few times, but never, ever, invaded. Any military strategist versed in Sun Tzu's the Art of War knows full well the sleeping giant they would awaken were they to simply invade through military force. Nope, better to influence the legislative process and try to disarm the enemy before invading. Of course, America's enemies doing their best to influence the legislative process in this regard are impervious to superpower military's, including the U.S.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

WOW, your a joke. If America wasn't strong enough to be a global police then i'm sure someone would have done something about it a long time ago. Please don't give me that dumb excuse that America is a bunch of bullies and a country hasn't stopped us because there not as arrogant. America is not the only country with a messed up government. Anyone with power and money does stupid things.

Also, nobody has tried to stop us because they can't. Not only can they not do anything but we provide a lot dough to a lot of countries. All you guys do is talk talk talk. Yea, we blow stuff up because we will actually do something. We don't just yap our mouths.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I am American, and our Government does not tell us anything. Our news here in America does not tell us everything that is going on. We are so busy working and just trying to survive, we do not always have the time to get current news about what is going on in the world. The American People are good and do not want war! It breaks my heart to hear about what is going on in the Middle East. When we do send military over there to help, they come back screwed up! They cannot tell whom they are fighting against! I agree that the US should stay out of allot of issues! There are times when other countries are asking us for help. I dont think any of us know what to do! I think when you go to war, you should know why. What are you fighting for! What is youre objective! Personally, I think they should not send anyone under 30 years of age for active duty!

We are having problems in our own country! I have been reading over information about how our Government is going to attack their own people. They are planning to use something called a RFID to be implanted. They have created FEMA Camps to send people off that may be a threat to their own country. Are you guys from other countries going to come in and help us? This RFID issue is not going to go down in this country! If we show ourselves to much, we may be sent off to FEMA Camps. Our country is not perfect! Us regular people are doing the best we can just to survive!

Please dont hate us! We cannot help what the guys in DC are doing!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You know what I wish - I wish the United States would pull our military, financial support, and any other resources (human or other) out of every other country.

I would be willing to bet that within a month all of the United States hating idiots out there, who can't understand why we are there due to your countries propaganda, will be begging us to return as countries begin ripping each other apart.

Don't speak out of ignorance, speak out of understanding. Reason on what would happen if the worlds strongest country was pulled out of these countries... Look at the world before the USA's involvement - it wasn't doing very well.

You need to check your facts> filipspagnoli.files.wordpress.com...

The U.S. causes conflict. Its goal is to centralize wealth in the hands of a few using the 99% to fight for the wealth of the 1%. This creates war, not peace. Since America has become a global leader in the name of greed in the disguise of "freedom," "democracy" etc. there has been nothing but war after war the U.S. causes. The rest of the world is sick of America's 1% and those of Europe. The rest of the world will settle the score eventually.

www.thehindu.com...

Putin is going to kick our Uncle Sam 1% A$$, and rightfully so.
edit on 22-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo

Our everyday citizens don't have any say in any country. All our Governments are Whacked. Don't hold it against the average Joe or June the housewife, we don't like it either.

^This^
George Carlin said it best: "If you live on this planet your f*****g guilty, end of report."
Free4 I'm guilty for this just like the rest of us. Why? We sat on our collective asses and
did nothing about it when we should have many, many years ago. I'm assuming you're
a young man so I'll tell you this, don't sit on the sidelines get out there, get into politics,
go to school and put yourself in a position to make change.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

If it wasn't for America projecting it's strength, Europe would have had to keep up their own military forces

No, because Europeans aren't stupid and cruel enough to waste money and lives fighting each other any more (well most of them).

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I just knew this thread was going to be from Germanicus...
I had to do it.

I agree. I think we should stay out of everybody else's business. We should stop spending money we don't have in other countries. We should put a tidy little fence up and become the biggest hermit on the planet. And while I said that with a small amount of sarcasm, I was being 100% honest. We shouldn't put our nose in everybody's business. We shouldn't expect every nation to want "our kind" of democracy, and when other's call for help we should send a fruit basket and nothing more.

Do you really think most American's don't understand why other nation's dislike us? Do you really think that most Americans are happy with the way things are done over here all the time? Really?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Yes, America does in fact have a strong economy, regardless of what the trolls relentlessly spout off on here. Americas economy isn't strong compared to what? Your empire on a civilization game?

Our economy is so strong, we gave a lot of it away and it's still strong. Some people probably think America has no manufacturing industry left, these same people probably drive by factories everyday on their way to work at a convenience store.
edit on 22-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Yes the printing press is so strong that it can run 24/7 creating the illusion of a sound economy.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
Nothing wrong with a little anti-american sentiments. I for one look forward with a hopeful heart to the post american world.

To the posters who believe that countries would want american colonization to come back I ask you do you really believe we are in there countries killing their children, and destroying their infrastructure doing good?

Down with the Empire! Down with capitalism which is the source of the military industrial complex. Welcome with open arms and open hearts the coming dawn of world communism and through it World peace. Freedom for all not for just the wealthy few.

Yes communist countries like N. Korea and China treat people so well. That's what I really want.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Unfortunately for all of us, all of the world powers are complicit in this. Britain is equally as culpable as the US as are Russia, China, France and the rest. We're all just pawns in the game.

Nailed...

The whole world is blinded to the reality of WHO really controls the world.

How ironic that so many here on the greatest conspiracy site on the planet have NO clue whatsoever as what is happening in the world. By blaming innocent people you are only serving the enemies purposes.

For those here still chasing the rabbits, give it up! Octopuses are MUCH easier to catch...

The Synagogue of Satan

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. This evil cabal is few in numbers but, like a deadly octopus, its tentacles reach out to grip and strangle untold multitudes of innocent victims. The initiates of every secret society and internationalist organization, from the Council on Foreign Relations and the Jesuits to the Bilderbergers and the Order of Skull & Bones, obey the dictates of this sinister group and tremble when standing before its leaders.

The cabalist group I refer to is the Synagogue of Satan, an ancient, yet modern, elite so politically powerful and so fabulously wealthy that even past history has been twisted, reshaped, and revised to meet its preferred version of humanity's gloomy, totalitarian future.

Religious in nature, the Synagogue of Satan is, at its essence, a grotesque, satanic cult. It's high council is composed of High Priests of Lucifer; these are men who literally worship death while practicing sexual magick and occult rituals of the blackest nature. LINK

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join