It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im sorry america but this has to be said!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The cold war is dead, yet the United States, by virtue of strong economy and military might, continues to police the world, deciding whether the policies of another nation are morally sound.

Like the school bully, America balls its fist, threatening violence, all in the name of peace!

As the most powerful hypocrite in the world, the United States arms the oppressed, unil they become the oppressors. Isreal, South korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Taiwan - how many more must die before the United States realizes that the threat of violence only leads to more violence?

That tyranny, disguised by the best intentions, is still tyranny???

Have at it!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
OH BOY, HERE WE GO!
edit on 22-6-2012 by Dero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately for all of us, all of the world powers are complicit in this. Making arms and war is the only way to keep their economies going and how their leaders retain power. Britain is equally as culpable as the US as are Russia, China, France and the rest. We're all just pawns in the game.

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
The cold war is dead, yet the United States, by virtue of strong economy and military might, continues to police the world, deciding whether the policies of another nation are morally sound.

Like the school bully, America balls its fist, threatening violence, all in the name of peace!

As the most powerful hypocrite in the world, the United States arms the oppressed, unil they become the oppressors. Isreal, South korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, Taiwan - how many more must die before the United States realizes that the threat of violence only leads to more violence?

That tyranny, disguised by the best intentions, is still tyranny???

Have at it!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

You lost me at strong economy... Living in the USA, I can say it as not as strong as people make it appear to be.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sounds like an Anti-American Rant to me.

Also, "strong economy"?? Are you sure you have the right country??

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You know what I wish - I wish the United States would pull our military, financial support, and any other resources (human or other) out of every other country.

I would be willing to bet that within a month all of the United States hating idiots out there, who can't understand why we are there due to your countries propaganda, will be begging us to return as countries begin ripping each other apart.

Don't speak out of ignorance, speak out of understanding. Reason on what would happen if the worlds strongest country was pulled out of these countries... Look at the world before the USA's involvement - it wasn't doing very well.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yawn another America is evil thread? How original
Oh and by the way the Korea thing is due to the UN, not the US being the big man. If it wasn't foe America projecting it's strength, Europe would have had to keep up their own military forces. If the US stopped having bases all over the globe other countries might actually have support thei own armed forces.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Yawn another America is evil thread? How original
Oh and by the way the Korea thing is due to the UN, not the US being the big man. If it wasn't foe America projecting it's strength, Europe would have had to keep up their own military forces. If the US stopped having bases all over the globe other countries might actually have support thei own armed forces.

Well said!

It's easy to complain when you aren't the one's footing the bill or human resources.

PS - love your avatar. Ever read Brian Lumley's series?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake

You lost me at strong economy... Living in the USA, I can say it as not as strong as people make it appear to be.
Yeah, I kinda fell off the attention wagon once he insinuated that we have a "strong economy"...

If it's so strong then why do half the people I know have NO job? They HAD jobs at one point, but they got fired/laid off once our "strong" economy really kicked into gear...

Also, you're preaching to the choir here. Do you think we don't know the atrocities our country has committed all in the name of "national security"? No we know, but the 'sheep' don't want to wake up and hold the government accountable because, well, "they're the government and they can't do anything wrong...ever...its impossible"

Trust me, a good deal of Americans hate their government and would love to see it destroyed (since trying to fix it doesn't seem to work)
edit on 6/22/2012 by ArrowsNV because: spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

im sorry

Indeed...

Something tells me you are better at throwing sod than insults...stick with what you know, as generalizations such as this give a new meaning to the word redundant.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

You don't need to look far to find Anti-Americanism. Chances are, it is right next door. If you are a liberal, your conservative neighbor thinks you wrong, and subsequently anti-American and anti-patriotism. Same goes for liberals. We are at political war with each other.

That being said, I agree completely with the OP. Even if the world is a better place from our governments actions, that better world that is pacified by violence will, will be much better at committing acts of violence.

Martin Luther King Jr once said "America is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today since Nazi Germany." That was over 50 years ago.
edit on 22-6-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
One of the USA's last bastions of manufacturing is Weapons systems.

Detroit auto makers are hurting badly, but weapons sales are at an all time high. Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and all the other military manufacturers are making massive profits right now.

American has been empire building since World War II, but due to the massive lobbying done by weapons manufacturers, it's not likely we will see any reduction in this any time soon.

Of course, the media makes sure that the average American thinks that any cuts to military spending is "unpatriotic" and means that you're "not supporting the military".

My question is this. If there are about 2.8 million military personnel between active and reserve forces, and only 500,000 serving overseas, what are 2.3 million military personnel doing inside the United States?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
We create the enemies of tomorrow, through he destruction of today.

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan, kids fled to Iran during conflicts, but once there couldn't find work or places to live, and actually had to runaway from IRAN back into their home countries out of desperation.

We head over there, shell and uproot the infrastructures of these places, then we throw a few US CEOs an contractors and build up a Western Utopia. Problem is we are only helping areas that benefit the USA's interests.

Conditions inside Afghanistan and Iraq are bad for these returning refugees, and all it's going to take is for radicals / extremists to give them food, shelters and hope and we have the enemies of tomorrow. That's how our enemies recruit, off the destruction.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
You know what I wish - I wish the United States would pull our military, financial support, and any other resources (human or other) out of every other country.

I would be willing to bet that within a month all of the United States hating idiots out there, who can't understand why we are there due to your countries propaganda, will be begging us to return as countries begin ripping each other apart.

Don't speak out of ignorance, speak out of understanding. Reason on what would happen if the worlds strongest country was pulled out of these countries... Look at the world before the USA's involvement - it wasn't doing very well.

Sorry, I was about to disagree somewhat with the OP, but this is just ridiculous. When was the "USA's involvement" exactly? Do you have a specific date where the USA suddenly decided to start gearing up and policing the planet?

This is what the rest of the world finds so infuriating, the American belief that somehow you hold the planet together and the rest of the world needs you to be mommy.

We don't need America meddling in every other nation, roaming the planet like self-appointed saviors, congratulating themselves and building up their hero complex to ridiculous heights.

You don't hold the rest of the Earth in your palm, you are not superior protectors. If anything, America is the equivalent of the arrogant teenager, furiously fapping in his bedroom and only going outside to beat up the neighbor kids.

I'm speaking about the nation, not the people. But having said that, it seems a lot of Americans are completely ignorant to the rest of the planet and only seem to recognize another nation when the USA is bombing the f*** out of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with a little anti-american sentiments. I for one look forward with a hopeful heart to the post american world.

To the posters who believe that countries would want american colonization to come back I ask you do you really believe we are in there countries killing their children, and destroying their infrastructure doing good?

Down with the Empire! Down with capitalism which is the source of the military industrial complex. Welcome with open arms and open hearts the coming dawn of world communism and through it World peace. Freedom for all not for just the wealthy few.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And, before you start bashing America, please consider the following:

1. Who created an imperalist empire, that was/is much more long-lasting in time than the US? Sheesh, US has what Guam, Puerto Rico, but not a long list of "those not under our control" but really under our control like Who.

2. Who invented "divide and conquer" strategies?

3. Who, specifically, developed such strategies, as helping create the PLO/Muslim Brotherhood to implement divide and conquer? (as one example)

America is only an off-spring of this Who, and this Who is still very much involved with the devices/complaints you mention in the OP.

Are you just ranting today because you don't like the economic collapse you see in front of your face today?

Americans have been dealing with this meltdown as well and it will effect us all. I hope you reconsider and retitle your thread We (Who) instead of You (US).

edit on 22-6-2012 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Sorry, I was about to disagree somewhat with the OP, but this is just ridiculous. When was the "USA's involvement" exactly? Do you have a specific date where the USA suddenly decided to start gearing up and policing the planet?

This is what the rest of the world finds so infuriating, the American belief that somehow you hold the planet together and the rest of the world needs you to be mommy.

We don't need America meddling in every other nation, roaming the planet like self-appointed saviors, congratulating themselves and building up their hero complex to ridiculous heights.

You don't hold the rest of the Earth in your palm, you are not superior protectors. If anything, America is the equivalent of the arrogant teenager, furiously fapping in his bedroom and only going outside to beat up the neighbor kids.

I'm speaking about the nation, not the people. But having said that, it seems a lot of Americans are completely ignorant to the rest of the planet and only seem to recognize another nation when the USA is bombing the f*** out of it.

I stand by my statement.

The world is like the innerworkings of a clock. Every peice works together. Remove a critical part and the clock stops.

Think of the chain reactions that would take place should the united states disengage from every country and stop out financial support of other countries.

It would turn into chaos - beginning in the poorer countries, and then working it's way into the richer countries.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Awesome...

Here, you forgot this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91e395ab38c5.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm all for free speech even though I disagree with your sweeping and myopic generalizations [leaving out all critical historical context and contributing factors]

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

will be begging us to return as countries begin ripping each other apart.

This is by far the dumbest thing i have ever heared of in my life, and on the ats.

yellow bus with helmet most definetly.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I have a friend in Scotland, just retired 2 years ago from the Royal British Army after serving in Afghanistan and Iraq as a Sniper. He had to go into Afghanistan on a special mission to rescue a young fellow British soldier captive who was Psychologically screwed up after being tortured by being beaten with a car antenae. Seems you British are in on it too. To me at least. What about Royal Bank of Scotland, weren't they bailed out too? Just sayin'.

This is not only America, this is the whole world. Terrorism is real. By the way he loved America when he visited my mom and us. Loved our food and our hospitality. I like your country too.

Our everyday citizens don't have any say in any country. All our Governments are Whacked. Don't hold it against the average Joe or June the housewife, we don't like it either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join