It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

A Turkish fighter jet has gone missing over the Mediterranean near Syria, risking a new crisis between Middle Eastern neighbours already at bitter odds over a 16-month-old revolt against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The military said a search and rescue operation for the two pilots of the F-4 plane was under way, the Anatolia state news agency said.

Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said at a news conference on Friday that he did not know whether Syria had shot down the plane, and said that Syria had sent no word of apology.

Ankara had said earlier that it had lost contact with one of its military aircraft off its southeastern coast after it took off from Erhac airport in the eastern province of Malatya.

Turkish officials said Erdogan, who was returning to Ankara from Brazil on Friday evening, would convene a security meeting with the interior and foreign ministers and the chief of general staff. They did not say what would be discussed.

"Most importantly, Erdogan said that Turkey was a member of NATO, and if [the plane's downing] were an attack on NATO, then it would be NATO who would make a response," said Al Jazeera's Anita McNaught, reporting from Istanbul

Link

US and Israel will not let that perfect window to invade Syria being closed this time
they must be excited now that another big war is about to break off

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I think its on too...

Im praying its not though..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by EvanB

Samson option targets everyone .Allies and foes.Its a way of Israel to say that if I don't live,no one will live .Everyone must die with me.

www.carolmoore.net...

And like i said earlier, its a lie.

The only Israelis to discuss the supposed Sampson Option are university professors and the like.

Never has an Israeli politician or military man spoken of it. If you insist on going on about it, id love to see a link to an article detailing who spoke of it. And obviously university professors who have no idea of secret Israeli policy do not count. If said speaker is not a current or past head of Israeli state or general of the IDF or Mossad or the like, obviously we can discount their statements as pure speculation and supposition.

edit on 22-6-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I feel the same way, but, i hope not.
Great thread here,i will be watching
this for sure.Thanks S&F

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

kafile’s military sources report that Syrian anti air defenses shot the plane down in an ambush calculated to retaliate for the defection of the Syrian Air Force pilot Col. Hassan Maray al-Hamadeh to Jordan a day earlier with his MiG-21 warplane. Officials in Damascus are certain his defection was organized by US and Turkish intelligence.

I know its Debka,but here is the link,just thought i would share it.

www.debka.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yeah...and the Syrians have gunboats alongside Turkey HELPING them locate the pilots:

Updated 13 minues ago BBC:

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan was initially quoted as saying: "The other side have expressed regret". "Regarding our pilots, we do not have any information, but at the moment four of our gunboats and some Syrian gunboats are carrying out a joint search there," he said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

If this is true then Assad is madder than I thought, or he is trying to provoke Turkey thus bringing NATO into a regional war... Which in no doubt would bring Russia and Iran into it too..

Bloody scary times hey?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yeah...and the Syrians have gunboats alongside Turkey HELPING them locate the pilots:

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan was initially quoted as saying: "The other side have expressed regret". "Regarding our pilots, we do not have any information, but at the moment four of our gunboats and some Syrian gunboats are carrying out a joint search there," he said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I really really hope this is true..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
BBC is FAR more reilable than DEBKA, RT and some of the other sources folks are using. I would say this is exteremely good news!

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by princeofpeace

www.bbc.co.uk...

I really really hope this is true..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Mr Erdogan was also said to have told Turkish reporters on a flight back from Brazil on Friday afternoon that "the other side" had expressed regret over the downing of the F-4, and also that the pilots had been recovered.

www.bbc.co.uk...

No mention of the condition of the pilots,
hopefully they were able to eject and are OK.
edit on 22-6-2012 by PatriotsPride because: add a comment

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Now that all Syria airplanes are grounded
because of the defector from yesterday
with todays news of a Nato member (Turkey) plane shot down
any one attacking a nato member .. all nato member will retaliate
the situation is extremely grave now

All Syrian warplanes are grounded so each pilots meet with the inteligence services

Its a perfect window

Iran is already under massive cyber attack
that probably cripple all nuclear and defense site
there is good chance that syria defense being compromise at the moment

Breaking News : Iran Claim they are under Massive Cyber Attacks

The window is today .. Nato and US might launch their first attack against syria key government building
like they did in Irak and Libya

22 of june is also an important number and date for the illiminati
its another of their sacrificial day

Im worrying about today and what tomorrow will look like
waking up with breaking news on TV that Syria nato invasion has started

+90% chances that between today and tomorrow
we will see the first massive air strike on syria

hope im wrong

Doom and gloom much ? 90%chance of massive air strike really? What do you use to come up with that figure.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

reply to post by EvanB

Samson option targets everyone .Allies and foes.Its a way of Israel to say that if I don't live,no one will live .Everyone must die with me.

www.carolmoore.net...

And like i said earlier, its a lie.

The only Israelis to discuss the supposed Sampson Option are university professors and the like.

Never has an Israeli politician or military man spoken of it. If you insist on going on about it, id love to see a link to an article detailing who spoke of it. And obviously university professors who have no idea of secret Israeli policy do not count. If said speaker is not a current or past head of Israeli state or general of the IDF or Mossad or the like, obviously we can discount their statements as pure speculation and supposition.

Of course they haven't talked. Israel's official position is stay quiet on the topic of nuclear weapons. It's a huge open secret, but officially, they will neither confirm not deny. So your stance fits rather neatly into Israel's official position.

But what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. The Sampson Option has been discussed for years, both in the popular press and in academia. Seymour Hersch wrote an entire book on the subject. You want evidence from other people, yet you provide nothing but a declaration yourself. You criticize university professors. Why should we take your word for it? How are you more credible than they are? Seems to me you are expressing nothing more than an opinion, backed up by no supporting material whatsoever. If this is the best you can do, I see no reason to find your position at all credible.
edit on 6/22/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by PatriotsPride

If this is true then Assad is madder than I thought, or he is trying to provoke Turkey thus bringing NATO into a regional war... Which in no doubt would bring Russia and Iran into it too..

Bloody scary times hey?

Scary as hell.

I foresee Irans proxy Hezbollah launching missiles galore at Israel the minute Turkish boots enter Syria or a bombing campaign starts, dragging Israel in. Perhaps at that time Iran will follow through with its threat to block the straight of Hormuz and they would effectively enter the fray.

Im hoping it does not become a domino effect and eventually involve Russia. God help us all if it does.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

If Assad is trying to survive, it isn't the craziest of strategies to try to provoke a war where powerful potential allies might be supported. Assuming he's wanting to hold power at all costs, a larger war as a Russian satellite is much preferable than going against NATO alone.

I don't think it's what he is doing, but I can see the logic there.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't think anything will come of this.

Too many Russian interests in Syria.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good news here if true

At this moment the air force and navy are conducting search and rescue operations in the western Mediterranean, and luckily our pilots are alive, we have just lost a plane," he reportedly told the same daily.

www.nowlebanon.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Seymour Hersch wrote an entire book on the subject. You want evidence from other people, yet you provide nothing but a declaration yourself. You criticize university professors. Why should we take your word for it? How are you more credible than they are? Seems to me you are expressing nothing more than an opinion, backed up by no supporting material whatsoever. If this is the best you can do, I see no reason to find your position at all credible.

Wow! Really got under your skin, didnt I?

I never once asked you to take my word for it. I simply illustrated how ridiculous it is to take a university proffesor, who has never listed his sources of information on somthing he has no way of knowing anything about. He just asks us to trust him.

Think about it. Trusting a university proffessor to know about extremely secret military doctrine is pretty dumb. Its like asking a fisherman to engineer a skyscraper for you. Seymour Hersh is not a military man, and certainly not a politician. Covering the Vietnam war as a journalist does not make one privy to secret Israeli military policy. He cannot know what he claims to know. He might think he knows somthing about it, but thats all he can do. Think.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova
reply to post by EvanB

If Assad is trying to survive, it isn't the craziest of strategies to try to provoke a war where powerful potential allies might be supported. Assuming he's wanting to hold power at all costs, a larger war as a Russian satellite is much preferable than going against NATO alone.

I don't think it's what he is doing, but I can see the logic there.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same line myself.. I think for the regime to survive then this type of strategy has more chance of working than the one at present..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB
Mark my words your time is at the end.Age of Pisces belonged to West.But Age of Aquarius belongs to Russia and South America.Your elite is trying to start a world war to crush the poor ,but they will fail like their lies which are exposed and falling apart.

The next age belongs to God.

All mankinds civilizations including China and Russia are to come to an end this year.

God Bless,

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join