It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

West has been waging genocide on the wretched and poor of the world for hundreds of years.Now is the time when the poor should take a stand.Your time to exploit is over.If it leads to the destruction of the entire world,its fine for the poor as their wretched existence will cease to be and the Western yoke shall fall.

Mark my words your time is at the end.Age of Pisces belonged to West.But Age of Aquarius belongs to Russia and South America.Your elite is trying to start a world war to crush the poor ,but they will fail like their lies which are exposed and falling apart.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am entirely against the Syrian regime, and I do not subscribe the NWO BS spouted on here about the CIA influencing an entire nation (utter rubbish).

However, if the Turkish plane was in Syrian airspace, Syria has a right to shoot it down.

Don't get me wrong, I hope action is taken to stop the Syrian regime from continuing their slaughter of their own people, but this should not be used as the excuse to attack.

If this was breaching Syrian airspace, Turkey should suck it up and accept this as part of the risk of flying recon missions over a neighbor.

I would have much rather accepted Turkey taking action over shelling into their borders. That would be cause for response. The downing of a plane breaching sovereign airspace is not justifiable cause for attack.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

No one has ever shot a "Blackbird" down! That includes Russia!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by EvanB

West has been waging genocide on the wretched and poor of the world for hundreds of years.Now is the time when the poor should take a stand.Your time to exploit is over.If it leads to the destruction of the entire world,its fine for the poor as their wretched existence will cease to be and the Western yoke shall fall.

Mark my words your time is at the end.Age of Pisces belonged to West.But Age of Aquarius belongs to Russia and South America.Your elite is trying to start a world war to crush the poor ,but they will fail like their lies which are exposed and falling apart.

Pretty poor myself dude.... Can I join in???

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

As someone stated earlier, its a bit like the plot of Alas Babylon... I think there are deeper issues here other than a downed plane.. The situation in Syria needs to be contained as it has the potential to spread regionally.. I personally think that any context will be used to go in and end this...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

.My advice .Leave the cities.villages will thrive after the war/collapse. Try to awaken people and take a stand against the corporate exploitation.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Now that all Syria airplanes are grounded
because of the defector from yesterday
with todays news of a Nato member (Turkey) plane shot down
any one attacking a nato member .. all nato member will retaliate
the situation is extremely grave now

All Syrian warplanes are grounded so each pilots meet with the inteligence services

Its a perfect window

Iran is already under massive cyber attack
that probably cripple all nuclear and defense site
there is good chance that syria defense being compromise at the moment

Breaking News : Iran Claim they are under Massive Cyber Attacks

The window is today .. Nato and US might launch their first attack against syria key government building
like they did in Irak and Libya

22 of june is also an important number and date for the illiminati
its another of their sacrificial day

Im worrying about today and what tomorrow will look like
waking up with breaking news on TV that Syria nato invasion has started

+90% chances that between today and tomorrow
we will see the first massive air strike on syria

hope im wrong

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

yeah he was thinking of Gary Powers and the U2 shoot-down probably

U2 incident

Was interesting in that the U2 was flying at 80,000 feet and back in 1960 technology wasn't as sophisticated as today... on either side

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So the West, NATO, UN are all concerned about stopping the killings in Syria, yet yous believe that they will launch a strike because of a Turkish jet being shot down? Wouldn't striking Syria just contradict everything that the West are standing for in the first place? I mean if Turkey or NATO were to strike, there would be a bigger massacre than what is happening right now.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
good then syria should launch its entire chemical and biological arsenal on Turkey and Israel.Let the nuclear war begin.West has lived by the sword and will die by it.

And so will you

link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Yeah, I kind of figure he was to too! I'm an old Air Force brat, and I remember the U-2 incident pretty well.

The SR-71 is actually known to have outrun at least one missile that was fired at it.

See ya buddy,
Milt

link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I think it is more of a matter of containment mate... If this spreads across the region then we are all f#ed...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Within the past 30 minutes...

The Daily Mail (UK) is saying:

The Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan today said Syria admitted it had shot down a Turkish warplane in the Mediterranean and had apologised.

The Independent is saying:

Turkey lost a warplane over the Mediterranean today, but its prime minister said he could not confirm reports that Syria had shot it down and had apologised.

So, which is it?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would bet my life that the US Government has their hands in this incident.

Too convenient during an election year.

Obama is more than aware this was going to "happen." Never let a good crisis go to waste. And if you don't have one, make one.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The article about Hillary mentioning Article 4 of NATO is from April 20th.

Originally posted by EvanB
Looks as though Turkey is about to stomp Syria to protect its national interests..

There has already been cross border shelling from Syria over the last few days and now they have shot down Turkish Aircraft..

There are reports over twitter (not to be taken too seriously) that the Turkish navy is now massing.. Turkey has the second biggest military in NATO so are not to be messed with..

Hilary Clinton has said that Turkey will invoke article 4 of the NATO treaty for talks, which is one article away from going to war..

Things are looking grim..

Link
twitter
twitter 2

edit on 22-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nothing is going to come of this...Turkey has accepted Syria's apology.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The article about Hillary mentioning Article 4 of NATO is from April 20th.

Originally posted by EvanB
Looks as though Turkey is about to stomp Syria to protect its national interests..

There has already been cross border shelling from Syria over the last few days and now they have shot down Turkish Aircraft..

There are reports over twitter (not to be taken too seriously) that the Turkish navy is now massing.. Turkey has the second biggest military in NATO so are not to be messed with..

Hilary Clinton has said that Turkey will invoke article 4 of the NATO treaty for talks, which is one article away from going to war..

Things are looking grim..

Link
twitter
twitter 2

I know.. It has been discussed for some time now, and now acted on...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Debka is saying that the attack was in retaliation for the defection because Syria blames both Turkey and the US for orchestrating it. They also report that Syria has apologized.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

My god, is this for real? Im curious what jet was downed and what missile defense system. If it was the highly advanced Russian S-300, things could get interesting. Russian teams help man those.

Ill be watching this thread and the news very closely. Thanks for bringing this to us.

edit on 22-6-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Pretty sure hes confused and hes refering to a U-2 spyplane shot down by russia in the 60s.

or a b-117 shot down over serbia in the 90s.

nobody however has shot down an sr-71. that thing flies way too high and way too fast to be shot down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join