It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Looks as though Turkey is about to stomp Syria to protect its national interests..

There has already been cross border shelling from Syria over the last few days and now they have shot down Turkish Aircraft..

There are reports over twitter (not to be taken too seriously) that the Turkish navy is now massing.. Turkey has the second biggest military in NATO so are not to be messed with..

Hilary Clinton has said that Turkey will invoke article 4 of the NATO treaty for talks, which is one article away from going to war..

Things are looking grim..

Link
twitter
twitter 2

edit on 22-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Seems the Syrian authority were quick to cool any tensions. Hope the apology goes over well:

Syrian authorities have apologized for taking down a military plane that had lost contact with the Turkish Armed Forces earlier today, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said.

Syria apologizes for taking down Turkish warplane: Turkish PM
edit on 22-6-2012 by MattC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattC
Seems the Syrian authority were quick to cool any tensions. Hope the apology goes over well:

Syrian authorities have apologized for taking down a military plane that had lost contact with the Turkish Armed Forces earlier today, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said.

Pretty sure they didnt know it was a Turkish airplane

turkey was probably doing a reconaisance flight

If that plane was from the US .. we would be in war now

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Article 5 of the NATO treaty states that an attack on one member is an attack on all... The fact that Turkey is now in crisis meetings with NATO too under article 4 suggests that any apology will be met with deaf ears.. Especially after the shelling from Syria over the last few days..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by Ben81

Article 5 of the NATO treaty states that an attack on one member is an attack on all... The fact that Turkey is now in crisis meetings with NATO too under article 4 suggests that any apology will be met with deaf ears.. Especially after the shelling from Syria over the last few days..

Hope you are wrong

Turkey should grow some balls and be like russia and china opposed to any military invasion

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Why? If the plane was shot down over Syrian airspace then they had the right to shoot it down. A foreign country needs permission to fly their planes over a nations territory, if they don't seek that permission then it gets shot down and they are classed as the aggressors

Its why there wasn't a war when Iran shot a drone down, or when Russia shot down a blackbird, they shouldn't of been there in the first place.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I hope I'm wrong too.. I think Turkey will invade soon anyway because of the massive amount of refugees on the border.. That combined with the fact that sophisticated weaponry is making its way into Syria to the rebels and the Syrian authorities makes it inevitable that action will be taken.. That weaponry making its way into the wrong hands represents a clear and present danger to other nations national security..

I cant see it going any other way...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

I hope I'm wrong too.. I think Turkey will invade soon anyway because of the massive amount of refugees on the border.. That combined with the fact that sophisticated weaponry is making its way into Syria to the rebels and the Syrian authorities makes it inevitable that action will be taken.. That weaponry making its way into the wrong hands represents a clear and present danger to other nations national security..

we are on 22 june after all .. need to watch carefully the development on this
it is know to be a significant date for the illiminati sacrifice

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

I'm not sure they will invade but I would imagine that they might be planning an air strike.

edit on 22-6-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well we have a Air force base in Turkey, nestled right next to the border of Syria.
I would be willing to say, that we are 2 sheets away from having some issues take place.

Incirlik, A.F.B. Turkey

This all kinda fits, economic issues around the world, ok let's have a war.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
good then syria should launch its entire chemical and biological arsenal on Turkey and Israel.Let the nuclear war begin.West has lived by the sword and will die by it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I read it was not an F16 but a F4E Phantom. Which is a Tactical reconnaissance variant.
Which might explain why it was there in the first place.

Stay tuned.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It should read after Muslim brotherhood forces shell immigrant camps inside Turkish boarders and blaming it on Syrian forces to invoke the so called pity of NATO ( Obama ) forces to put another puppet Muslim extremist regime in place to serve Satan .

Yup that's about right .

TextEspecially after the shelling from Syria over the last few days..

reply to post by EvanB

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

very similar to the way it all started in Alas Babylon...wear your shades

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

edit on 22-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
reply to post by EvanB

very similar to the way it all started in Alas Babylon...wear your shades

Yeah you are right... Does a bit...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
According to Turkish PM, there has been no apology from Damascus, and he is now in meetings with his military officials...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It is reported as an F-4 Phantom.

It appears to have been a border error by Syrian forces? Russia Today initially ran the apology but have since changed it.

www.rt.com...

www.cnbc.com...

Hatay Province extends down the Mediterranean coast. Any aircraft flying right on the national border in this area could be shot down in error by trigger happy air defence forces.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-6-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

... or when Russia shot down a blackbird, they shouldn't of been there in the first place.

I know it is a conspiracy thread, but a Blackbird 'SR-71'. Even Russia doesn't claim anything like that!

edit on 22-6-2012 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
good then syria should launch its entire chemical and biological arsenal on Turkey and Israel.Let the nuclear war begin.West has lived by the sword and will die by it.

For a person who is constantly decrying genocide I find it funny that you wish genocide on others.. Hypocrite much??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join