It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War "exercises" used as provocation to NK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A US-South Korea joint military exercise, used North Korea flag as target. A clear provocation in my opinion: Check it out

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if North Korea did the same, but targeting US flags...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

If you had read the article, you will notice it said the flag wasn’t hit. It “marked” enemy held territory.

Maybe it was the ROK and the allies way of saying, “We could have hit your National flag but didn’t.”

Check out a few documentaries on North Korea (PBS, BBC, etc), they show any who they are opposed to as slovenly or grotesque.

The way I see it is if someone targets you with PSYOP (or weapons) you can fire back in the same manner which the ROK seems to be doing here.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
No, it's not. North Korea has always been the biggest threat to South Korea.

It's a good military exercise to use North Koreans in the role of "the enemy", hardly a provocation.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
I wonder what would happen if North Korea did the same, but targeting US flags...

The USA don't need North Koreans to target their flag, they have AMERICANS to do that for them.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Failed post, please disregard.
edit on 22-6-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Nothing obviously. US flags are burnt around the world over and over again. They're used to it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I read the whole post and I expected you guys to get into this point. I suppose you guys are aware on how the NK regime is: There's no "press free"(as if we REALLY had it as well), so the only news the people get is what government tell them. They fomment into peoples mind that the rest of the world hates them, that we, non-NK, are all demons willing to always destroy them. That the government and the leader Kim Jong-Un, is a "holly" man, their only hope to be saved from us. Since no foreign news are allowed in there(at least VERY filtered), this kind of news only makes it(the government) stronger to people's eyes.

The clear message sent to NK is: "Watch out, we can destroy you anytime"

It is not about the flag, its about what it symbolizes. If you're naive enough to swallow the dung "we could hit the flag but we didn't, it was just to represent the enemy and bla bla bla", you're not supposed to even discuss the matter, if you can't read between the lines of the messages that MSM sends you, you're just sheeple.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Burn the flag in a protest is completelly different than use it as a target to military live fire exercise. The message goes way deeper than the flag itself.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Burn the flag in a protest is completelly different than use it as a target to military live fire exercise. The message goes way deeper than the flag itself.

I guess if a nation wants to take the political/symbolic gesture one step further and escalate into a whole new situation.
But then again it wouldn't make any sense to do just that since if NK did the same thing, they'll be ignored as they're known for their hollow threats (atleast the last few decades)

edit on 22-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The clear message sent to NK is: "Watch out, we can destroy you anytime"

It is not about the flag, its about what it symbolizes. If you're naive enough to swallow the dung "we could hit the flag but we didn't, it was just to represent the enemy and bla bla bla", you're not supposed to even discuss the matter, if you can't read between the lines of the messages that MSM sends you, you're just sheeple.

That's pretty funny because if you re-read your post, you've just identified yourself as one of the Sheeple.

Of course there is symbolism in the message that blowing everything up "around" the flag but not the flag itself and the message is clear.

Of course the NK propaganda machine will spin it as the flag was spared because it is sacred and that the ROK and US weaponary is so bad they couldn't even hit it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It seems to me , as a casual observer that using another nations flag as target practice will incite a violent response.
If I were an American citizen I would be worried that the USA is has spread its armed forces to far and wide .
You guys may face the bad old times of conscription to allow this " team America world police " attitude to continue .

North Korea has called the use of its flag during United States-South Korean military drills last week a serious provocation and evidence of US hostility that justifies the growth of Pyongyang's nuclear arms programme. The statement from an unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman came on the 62nd anniversary of the start of the 1950-53 Korean War, which ended in a truce, leaving the Korean Peninsula still technically at war. Animosity between the rival Koreas and between Pyongyang and Washington has deepened since a North Korean rocket launch in April that Seoul and Washington called a cover for a test of banned long-range missile technology. North Korea says the rocket, which broke apart shortly after liftoff, was meant to put a satellite into orbit.

More here

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, as I suspected, this event will not just "go by", repercutions of it will still come:
Check this link to find out...

"They are not likely to respond physically, but they will definitely capitalize this opportunity for the future," he added.

So, its possible that this event doesn't lead to a violent response, but will act as a justification for.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Is the free world to continually bow and grovel before those despot tinpot tyrants whom make use our fear of wars and compassion to get their way to tyrannise our fellow human and brothers and sisters living there, pleasing those banana rulers with our hard earned wealth to feed their armies that only protects them and not the People, and threaten the free world regularly to gain concessions.

Enough is enough!

Time to turn the table, say and do what we free mankind mean. We WILL NOT BOW TO TYRANNY! There are more of us than them. WE ARE NOT SLAVES, to be enchained by fears, greed or tyrannical propaganda of tyranny bootlickers!!!

new topics

top topics

join